5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited HUD in 2020 Ram Limited

Therealdarkknight

Reaction score
Didn’t see another post, so I’ll be putting this here as I research how to put the new HUD in my 2020 Limited. The new truck is using the Uconnect 4 system and the HUD is supposedly in the gauge cluster hood so it may be as simple as replacing that assembly then using something like alpha OBD to force the option after a system update. Let me know what you guys find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be possible... At least not as easy as you think. The HUD part is mounted behind the gauge cluster "Hood"... It's part of the dashboard. Unless you want to change your dash, I don't think it's possible.

2021-ram-1500-trx-111-1597623066.jpg

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Yes, its an actual "screen" in the dash. it would be some major work. just get a TRX and all the fun that comes with it!

Cochise

Reaction score
I was hoping it was sooner as I know someone who works at the plant and they told me they could get it moved up the list rather quickly. That was back in early spring and since then she is no longer able to move it up so I'll just have to wait.

shurik74

Reaction score
interesting... not sure why people like HUD so much?! My wife's Lexus has one and I don't really find it useful.

One guy on Lexus forum installed himself, he had to cut dashboard, install HUD screen, apply window sticker for HUD reflection. Lexus wiring comes in default the same for all trim levels, so no need special wiring.

CobraKai

Reaction score
I'm curious if they will be able to add the new rearview mirror camera and LED brake light? Is the new LED brake light a bed camera as well like on the 2500s or just and LED brake light? Either way hopefully it won't leak..

Cochise

Reaction score
I'm curious if they will be able to add the new rearview mirror camera and LED brake light? Is the new LED brake light a bed camera as well like on the 2500s or just and LED brake light? Either way hopefully it won't leak..

They are adding those to the 2021's. Its called the Technology Group - Heads Up Display, LED Center High Mounted Stop Lamp, and Rear-View Auto-Dimming Digital Display Mirror. I added that to my build. When you add it, it forces you to add Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. I also selected the Night Edition and was hoping I would get a discount on the level 1 group since 1 of the options is a part of the night edition.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
interesting... not sure why people like HUD so much?! My wife's Lexus has one and I don't really find it useful.

One guy on Lexus forum installed himself, he had to cut dashboard, install HUD screen, apply window sticker for HUD reflection. Lexus wiring comes in default the same for all trim levels, so no need special wiring.

Agree, I have it in my car and never use it and the Ram HUD looks kinda limited on information relative to my car which I can see engine vitals
I'd be more interested in the rearview mirror and CHMSL

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty cheap and easy to put LED's into your CHMSL. Once I got the bug there was no way I was waiting for a '21 :) .

Cochise

Reaction score
Congrats! Same here. Bummed we won’t get uconnect 5 though.

what stage of the order are you in?

pretty sure it’s still in the D status. I haven’t heard of any change. I thought it’d come with the connect 5 ‍♂️

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
pretty sure it’s still in the D status. I haven’t heard of any change. I thought it’d come with the connect 5 ‍♂
same here but based on my other thread, it doesnt sound like it

Users who are viewing this thread