5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited HUD in 2020 Ram Limited

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I have mine set to the lowest setting on the windshield, i am 6'1", but i tend to lean to the right when i drive so its "dim" since i am not centered in the set and you cannot move the HUD left to right

WareWolf

Reaction score
I'm tapping in here. I ordered my 2020 on the very last day they were taking 2020 orders. The following Monday they converted to the 2021's. That said, I'd like to "refresh" my truck to have the technology package.

I still need to get a tonneau and other things before I go down this path, but since this truck only has a couple thousand miles on it, I'm with the other guy that says it will cost less to upgrade than trade out. Unless someone can explain to me how to swap my truck early without penalties... :unsure:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm tapping in here. I ordered my 2020 on the very last day they were taking 2020 orders. The following Monday they converted to the 2021's. That said, I'd like to "refresh" my truck to have the technology package.

I still need to get a tonneau and other things before I go down this path, but since this truck only has a couple thousand miles on it, I'm with the other guy that says it will cost less to upgrade than trade out. Unless someone can explain to me how to swap my truck early without penalties... :unsure:
You can add the CHMSL camera and rear view mirror, but you cannot add the HUD.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question but the rearview mirror image is generated from the CHMSL camera, not from the tailgate camera.
Is it? Maybe the videos I saw people are putting it in reverse lol.

Grouper

Reaction score
My reference was people put the truck in reverse to display the camera in rear view mirror rather than flip the visor to show display.

Maybe there's a setting to display the backup camera in the rear view I haven't yet discovered . I haven't yet dived that deep. As it is, the digital rear view stays displayed until/unless I manually select it "off."

The backup camera displays on the 8.4" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread