5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Expectations

Grouper

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2021 Ram Sport in Hydro Blue and it came with black wheels!! It was ordered as a 2020 with silver wheels but I guess Ram changed it for 2021. It was a bonus!

View attachment 69939
Nice! So is it only the lack of a black grille and black applique that separate the Canadian Sport from the US Night Edition?

It's hard to tell in your pic but does it have the blacked headlamps and taillamps?

Ages

Reaction score
Looks much better with those Black Wheels. (y) :cool:

Grouper

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, it a black grille and applique away from being a HBP Night Edition.

Nice truck. Enjoy!

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Nice! So is it only the lack of a black grille and black applique that separate the Canadian Sport from the US Night Edition?

It's hard to tell in your pic but does it have the blacked headlamps and taillamps?
I was wondering the difference too as I have a Canadian Sport. From what I've been able to read up on it, the CDN Sport is basically equipped like a US Laramie (some differences) + some things unique only to the Sport trim. It gets all confusing because the 2020 Sports here in Canada also got a Night Edition... o_O Which would've been nice, but I wasn't going to shell out another $2k for the exact same wheels, just... more black. If you built your own from factory then who the hell knows anymore. These trim options + appearance groups/editions are getting so muddled you can't tell by just looking at a truck anymore. Not a knock/rant/gripe or anything. Just wish it was a bit simpler to know by looking at a truck or knowing its trim how badass it is. Like a TRX. You see one on the road and you just know.

spelunk68

Reaction score
I am really confused, I plan on getting a 2021 1500 crew 6'4 bed larime sport with 12 inch u-connect, level 2, advanced safety group. Why is it so hard to find information about things like HUD (enhanced or added tech group or something with the 3 items?) I am planning on paying cash (plus trade in) and I am trying to build out exactly what I want so I can get set up to pull the trigger soon so I can budget for it. I keep my rams at least 10 years, I fall in love with them and I will be trading in my baby (2009 ram sport in stone white) so I want to get as much tech as I can so I am not annoyed in a year when something new comes out and I am then annoyed I do not have it for the next 9 years! anyway, why are they releasing these details but no ability to know if you are going to get them on a custom order? It also sounds like maybe something is different for this coming year as I called my dealership I always buy from and they told me something odd, I wanted to go over a custom build with them but thy told me they are limited to the info and actually use the same online configuration tool to order the vehicle, odd. Also as a side note they are drooling over my trade in, my 2009 ram sport is immaculate (The build quality on these is crazy anymore, no rust like the gen before it after a few years in the northeast US rust belt) but the reason they are drooling over it is that I have only put 42k miles on this one, I think the trade in guy almost passed out when I mentioned this haha! Anyways am I missing something? if you are going to order a 64k truck why is ti so hard to know for sure what it will be coming with? Oh yeah one other question, My last ram as mentioned is stone white, I like to go with white as they never look old with pant swirls in the clear coat and chips are almost not noticeable has anyone seen the new white and the new pearl white ivory side by side? any opinions on it? I like that the stone white of the last gen is a little off white so it does not look like a company truck. Sorry for all this here but my actual question is how to know if I will get HUD or not and will that be a different feature group or come with the 12 inch? here is my build I am planning on at the moment... 2021 LARIME SPORT BUILD

imolar

Reaction score
I am really confused, I plan on getting a 2021 1500 crew 6'4 bed larime sport with 12 inch u-connect, level 2, advanced safety group. Why is it so hard to find information about things like HUD (enhanced or added tech group or something with the 3 items?) I am planning on paying cash (plus trade in) and I am trying to build out exactly what I want so I can get set up to pull the trigger soon so I can budget for it. I keep my rams at least 10 years, I fall in love with them and I will be trading in my baby (2009 ram sport in stone white) so I want to get as much tech as I can so I am not annoyed in a year when something new comes out and I am then annoyed I do not have it for the next 9 years! anyway, why are they releasing these details but no ability to know if you are going to get them on a custom order? It also sounds like maybe something is different for this coming year as I called my dealership I always buy from and they told me something odd, I wanted to go over a custom build with them but thy told me they are limited to the info and actually use the same online configuration tool to order the vehicle, odd. Also as a side note they are drooling over my trade in, my 2009 ram sport is immaculate (The build quality on these is crazy anymore, no rust like the gen before it after a few years in the northeast US rust belt) but the reason they are drooling over it is that I have only put 42k miles on this one, I think the trade in guy almost passed out when I mentioned this haha! Anyways am I missing something? if you are going to order a 64k truck why is ti so hard to know for sure what it will be coming with? Oh yeah one other question, My last ram as mentioned is stone white, I like to go with white as they never look old with pant swirls in the clear coat and chips are almost not noticeable has anyone seen the new white and the new pearl white ivory side by side? any opinions on it? I like that the stone white of the last gen is a little off white so it does not look like a company truck. Sorry for all this here but my actual question is how to know if I will get HUD or not and will that be a different feature group or come with the 12 inch? here is my build I am planning on at the moment... 2021 LARIME SPORT BUILD
Well I think the 1st problem is that you built a 2020 on that link you have. So the technology group, which includes HUD, started with the 2021 model year. HUD not available on 2020 which is what it looks like you built.

Last edited:

spelunk68

Reaction score
Well I think the 1st problem is that you built a 2020 on that link you have. So the technology group, which includes HUD, started with the 2021 model year. HUD not available on 2020 which is what it looks like you built.
!!! oh thanks! just went to dodge and used thier tool will have to look around

spelunk68

Reaction score
I see now I just assumed since they were not building 2020's any more that it would default to them, kind of silly to still have a choice, let me go build again, thank you so much!

spelunk68

Reaction score
I see now I just assumed since they were not building 2020's any more that it would default to them, kind of silly to still have a choice, let me go build again, thank you so much!
Much better, couple of dollars more but I am thrilled with this. one thing that confuses me, the only reason I want the tow package before was for the brake controller and I wanted color matched mirrors as it just makes the truck, I notice this time they were removed from the tow package as I guess because I have the sport trim level? then I can get the other features like tpms for trailer along with light test which are cool features (I can care less about the steering control as I am used to doing it the old fashioned way and I think they would be the opposite of what I expected the trailer to do) Has anyone ordered with the sport trim level and verified it forces the colored matched non towing mirrors? anyway here is the build, what a beautiful truck! Actual 2021 sport larime

imolar

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Sport trim so I can't answer that but glad it seems like the rest of it worked out for you. Easy mistake to do with the 2020 build still up there.

Last edited:

spelunk68

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the sport trim so I can't answer that but glad it seems like the rest of it worked out for you. Easy mistake to do with the 2020 build still up there.
Every ram I get has the sport trim level, there is something about it. I do miss my 2004 that had all of the crazy race truck ground effects including molded color matched running boards but someone driving on the wrong side of the interstate hitting me head on destroyed that truck (the Ram saved my life) but check out the sport trim level, I think they are the best looking versions of the truck.

imolar

Reaction score
Wow, glad that wreck turned out ok. I guess what I meant is I do know what the Sport looks like, just wasn't sure the different packages you could get on that trim. But ya I do think the Sport looks great.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
To spend the same dollar figure to have a higher trim versus a lower trim (but highly optioned to equal the higher trim) does not make sense to me financially. Buy the 100k bumper to bumper at dealer cost of $1.3k and no problems. The higher trim will maybe then be an extra 2k or 3k but on a 60k truck that will be earned back in resale.

Love the hydro blue, almost bought a two tone laramie but I wanted the pano roof so forced into a limjted between my local options.

Grouper

Reaction score
To spend the same dollar figure to have a higher trim versus a lower trim (but highly optioned to equal the higher trim) does not make sense to me...

To buy something I don't want, when I have a choice, doesn't make sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread