5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Expectations

gbertram14

Reaction score
Did you add power fold tow mirrors? power fold ~$445 or manual fold ~245? Just curious if they allowed power fold without advanced safety group.
Talked to the Rebel rep today and he said you have to get the entire 2021 safety group To get the power fold which was 3k. I just went with the manual fold, didn’t need the other stuff for the safety group.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Talked to the Rebel rep today and he said you have to get the entire 2021 safety group To get the power fold which was 3k. I just went with the manual fold, didn’t need the other stuff for the safety group.

Does that mean they are putting the advanced safety group on the Rebel?

Grouper

Reaction score
Anyone know when the 2021 configurator will be live? I would like to know what colors will be available.
The NADA site has the 2021's on their site with all the new options and prices that are correct when compared to my order build sheet from my dealer. The colors seem to not change at all

2021 can now be selected on Ram's site, but the only model configurable is the TRX.

Sergeant Jim is correct that the NADA site seems to allow configuration of 2021's. I just configured a 2021 Laramie Night Edition and was glad to see it allowed selection of the Technology Group. I had read somewhere (or seen in a Youtube video?) that the Technology Group was going to be offered only on the Limited and Laramie Longhorn, but that doesn't seems to be the case.

I am dismayed though to see that Hydro Blue Pearl is still not selectable with the Night Edition :(

fsjosh

Reaction score
That’s what he made it sound like, yes.
2021 can now be selected on Ram's site, but the only model configurable is the TRX.

Sergeant Jim is correct that the NADA site seems to allow configuration of 2021's. I just configured a 2021 Laramie Night Edition and was glad to see it allowed selection of the Technology Group. I had read somewhere (or seen in a Youtube video?) that the Technology Group was going to be offered only on the Limited and Laramie Longhorn, but that doesn't seems to be the case.

I am dismayed though to see that Hydro Blue Pearl is still not selectable with the Night Edition :(

NADA and costco are both allowing 2021 configurations with the ASG and the tech group on the Laramie and the Rebel.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Requires equipment, a new dash, programming and a new windshield!
Didnt stop people from adding passive entry, rain sensative wipers etc. As long as it can be programmed with AlfaOBD then anything is possible. Windshield would likely be the most cost prohibitive but I'd imagine that a simple piece of film could be added in place of the special windshield.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Didnt stop people from adding passive entry, rain sensative wipers etc. As long as it can be programmed with AlfaOBD then anything is possible. Windshield would likely be the most cost prohibitive but I'd imagine that a simple piece of film could be added in place of the special windshield.
What you are referencing above is apples to watermelons my friend. The HUD electronics and display interface is built into the upper section of dashboard. So new dashboard AND new windshield. Good luck!

Ages

Reaction score
Anybody know if you'll be able to add the 9.2" Digital Mirror with the rear facing camera to the 2020 model? The HUD doesn't appeal to me but the Digital Mirror does.

Ryan503

Reaction score
How much are the dealers wants for deposit (custom order $50K-60K ) and are the deposit non-refund able?

Rambunktious

Reaction score
How much are the dealers wants for deposit (custom order $50K-60K ) and are the deposit non-refund able?
I think that will be dealer dependent. My dealer wanted a $500 deposit when I ordered my truck in July, and it was supposed to be non-refundable, but he never actually took the deposit, and when there was an issue with my order and I threatened to just cancel, there was no mention of losing the deposit or anything like that. Based on my limited experience, I believe the dealers ask for a deposit just to see how serious you are about the purchase. They may think that someone who readily puts down the deposit is more serious than someone who balks at putting any money down. Good luck with your order!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn’t custom order this time around, but held a truck that was still in transit. Dealer wanted $500 but never charged the card.

With two custom orders in the past, they were both $500 deposits and refundable if there were any issues that came up

Grouper

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Hydro Blue Pearl Sport Package tomorrow. I really wanted the Night Edition, but it's not available with Hydro Blue Pearl.

I came across this Canadian 2020 Hydro Blue Pearl Sport model (I guess Sport is a model in Canada, not a package). It looks like in Canada, the exterior of the HBP Sport is nearly the same as the Night Edition, minus the black wheels and black grille bits.

HBP 1.jpg

HBP 2.jpg

HBP 3.jpg

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I have a hydro wrangler, you’ll love the color. It’s one of the best blues out there.

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Hydro Blue Pearl Sport Package tomorrow. I really wanted the Night Edition, but it's not available with Hydro Blue Pearl.

I came across this Canadian 2020 Hydro Blue Pearl Sport model (I guess Sport is a model in Canada, not a package). It looks like in Canada, the exterior of the HBP Sport is nearly the same as the Night Edition, minus the black wheels and black grille bits.

View attachment 69591

View attachment 69590

View attachment 69592
I just picked up my 2021 Ram Sport in Hydro Blue and it came with black wheels!! It was ordered as a 2020 with silver wheels but I guess Ram changed it for 2021. It was a bonus!

CC60F5D5-0995-463C-95F5-2B7652CD6876.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread