5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Expectations

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Anyone get clarity on power folding tow mirrors yet? I know they're available in 2021s, but a few have been told they couldn't actually get the order to accept it. I'll find out here in the next day or two.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t been following too closely, but perhaps they’re a “late availability” option? That or Ram is still getting the kinks worked out of the ordering system, as it sounds like certain options/packages/etc. are still coming online. I believe it was yesterday that a member ordering a 2021 mentioned that the exterior color Olive Green just showed up as being able to order, so it appears they’re still working to get everything into the system. Again, this is all just speculation. Your dealer will obviously (well hopefully) have the most up to date information.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Perhaps unsurprisingly I’ve learned almost everything about these trucks from this forum. I’ve educated more salesmen than vice versa and I’ve never owned a truck before. Thanks to the great knowledge on here.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Perhaps unsurprisingly I’ve learned almost everything about these trucks from this forum. I’ve educated more salesmen than vice versa and I’ve never owned a truck before. Thanks to the great knowledge on here.
You made me laugh and think about my "salesmen" and their knowledge base or lack of. This forum is a great asset.

tom318

Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering a 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel and I could not figure out how to get the power folding option. I saw it available as on options ~$500 and a choice of chrome or black. For me, id pass on the option anyway so it isn't holding me back at the moment. When i saw the $500 (maybe $495, don't remember exactly) I lost interest since i dont tow anything that is very long anyway. I have the sport appearance package selected and even if I added the new tow group ($1k) it still wouldn't allow me to add the power fold tow mirrors. I as well saw Olive green come back. Green wasn't available last week, but Monday it was. Other changes i saw, new technology group was available, the new tow group and the Laramie Level 2 price came down to $3995.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering a 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel and I could not figure out how to get the power folding option. I saw it available as on options ~$500 and a choice of chrome or black. For me, id pass on the option anyway so it isn't holding me back at the moment. When i saw the $500 (maybe $495, don't remember exactly) I lost interest since i dont tow anything that is very long anyway.

That’s a hefty price for the power-folding tow mirrors. Wow! Just looking at the competition, the GM twins power-folding tow mirrors are a $260 option and Ford’s power-folding tow mirrors are a $250 option.

tom318

Reaction score
That’s a hefty price for the power-folding tow mirrors. Wow! Just looking at the competition, the GM twins power-folding tow mirrors are a $260 option and Ford’s power-folding tow mirrors are a $250 option.
I agree. But looking at other articles, they may be more than just tow mirrors. I think they include the surround view. I could be wrong. Either way, I’m fine wth passing them up. First time ordering so it’s interesting to see how this works and really how little 99% of “salesman” know the products they sell. Just from my experience....

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. But looking at other articles, they may be more than just tow mirrors. I think they include the surround view. I could be wrong. Either way, I’m fine wth passing them up. First time ordering so it’s interesting to see how this works and really how little 99% of “salesman” know the products they sell. Just from my experience....

You are indeed correct. I forgot that little detail. For that price I believe they do include the cameras. Makes you wonder if Ram will eventually offer the power-folding tow mirrors without the cameras...for trucks like the Big Horns and I believe some lower-optioned Laramie's that don't have the 360-degree camera system.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone get clarity on power folding tow mirrors yet? I know they're available in 2021s, but a few have been told they couldn't actually get the order to accept it. I'll find out here in the next day or two.

What trim are you planning on ordering? I just had a possible "light-bulb" moment thanks to @tom318. I can't confirm, but I believe the power-folding tow mirrors will only be offered with the camera system. Meaning, they will only be available on trucks with the 360-degree camera system...Rebels, Laramie's, Laramie Longhorns, and Limiteds (with Advanced Safety Group).

I don't know if this is the true reason why, but it makes sense.

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm ordering a Longhorn - even though a Limited with my same options would be cheaper. All for the saddle interior.

Hmm well if you’re ordering the Advanced Safety Group, I’d assume you should be able to order the new mirrors.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Tell them to swing by and pick mine up too. I have vibration issues. Tires been balanced 5 times in 6000 miles. They think that’s normal. Drove my chevys 36,000-50,000 miles and never once balanced a tire!
Take it to an independent tire dealer and have them inspect the tires and wheels for out of round. Better yet, call the tire maker and ask for assistance. It isn't a balance issue. You have a tire or wheel problem.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Hmm well if you’re ordering the Advanced Safety Group, I’d assume you should be able to order the new mirrors.

‘Yes, confirmed today. Ordered the towing mirrors. There was also some discussion about needing to order a Longhorn 10th Anniversary Package of some sort, I can confirm this was not necessary. I wouldnt even know it existed if not for that post and follow up.

dgolay

Reaction score
‘Yes, confirmed today. Ordered the towing mirrors. There was also some discussion about needing to order a Longhorn 10th Anniversary Package of some sort, I can confirm this was not necessary. I wouldnt even know it existed if not for that post and follow up.
What color interior did your order on your Longhorn? When I checked last week in the order system with the local dealer the order entry system still required 10th anniversary selection mandatory for the standard mountain brown/light mountain brown filigree interior but was not required when the black/new saddle interior was chosen. Could just be a software ordering glitch in the FCA order entry system but just wondered what interior color you ordered.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What color interior did your order on your Longhorn? When I checked last week in the order system with the local dealer the order entry system still required 10th anniversary selection mandatory for the standard mountain brown/light mountain brown filigree interior but was not required when the black/new saddle interior was chosen. Could just be a software ordering glitch in the FCA order entry system but just wondered what interior color you ordered.
A couple of posts up, he said he ordered "...for the saddle interior". I interpret that to mean black / new saddle. I'm biased, but I think many would agree it's one of the best interiors to ever appear in a truck.

brewdad

Reaction score
Has any one who has shopped Longhorn trim noticed if blind spot/rear cross path is available as a stand alone option or is only available as part of the level 1 package? I would want that option along with advanced safety group, but want to keep the standard Longhorn side to side steps and 8.4 navigation radio; I am not a fan of power folding steps or the 12 inch screen.

Tonner

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2021 is coming with the Uconnect 5.0? I just purchased a 2021 Laramie with the 12 inch screen with the new technology group that comes with a Uconnect powered HUD. I cant imagine they would ship them with the new HUD and an old OS only to switch to the new android OS uconnect 5 half way through a MY. Just a thought, but all of the new tech in the technology group you would think would be powered by the new Uconnect system.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2021 is coming with the Uconnect 5.0? I just purchased a 2021 Laramie with the 12 inch screen with the new technology group that comes with a Uconnect powered HUD. I cant imagine they would ship them with the new HUD and an old OS only to switch to the new android OS uconnect 5 half way through a MY. Just a thought, but all of the new tech in the technology group you would think would be powered by the new Uconnect system.

There unfortunately hasn’t been any confirmation. I honestly don’t think we’ll be seeing it in the Ram’s until 2022. I feel like there would have been some news recently if we were to expect it on the 2021s. Of course, we won’t known until official word comes from Ram.

Just as a reminder, when Uconnect 5.0 was announced, it was never said that it’d be on the 2021 Rams. In the press release, the only model year vehicle confirmed was the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica. Per the press release, “the redesigned Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Ram 1500 would be the next vehicles to get it” with no model year mentioned. I believe the redesigned Grand Cherokee is coming for 2022, so perhaps that’ll be the same year the Ram 1500 gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online