5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Expectations

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than the TRX being released, any other news floating around on what other changes might be in store for MY2021?

With the COVID-19 situation and with the factory just coming 100% back online, do we know if MY2021 production will be pushed back?

JustMe

Reaction score
Any aditional R&D or changes that might have gone into a MY21, i bet has been pushed back. just my .02
Not sure how to interpret the "pushing back" ? I'm leaning toward the idea that any R & D for the '21's has long been planned and developed prior to Covid, and should be "ready to be implemented" whenever the '21's do finally get built . . . it's the WHEN that we all agree is the Uncertainty at this point ! ? . GO NAVY (1983 - 2004) ! I look forward to that U-Connect 5 (?). With a side of delirium if they "fixed" those Leaking Issues once and for all !

Ages

Reaction score
I'd like to know if the Ram 1500 is going to have a different green in the 2021 lineup, if so which?

limited_19

Reaction score
Hopefully a self destruct button. I'm over RAM. NOTHING but issues with my 19 limited. My truck has had 2 bad air shocks which has left me stranded twice, a 12" Screen that resets ever time you turn on the car (FCA just keeps throwing updates at it which make it worse and won't replace it), and within the past month I've had to have my truck towed to the dealership twice for misfiring issues. Who the hell is in charge of their quality control dept, they should be fired!! Can't wait till my 2020 F-250 Diesel Tremor gets here in 2 weeks, and FCA picks up this damn LEMON!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully a self destruct button. I'm over RAM. NOTHING but issues with my 19 limited. My truck has had 2 bad air shocks which has left me stranded twice, a 12" Screen that resets ever time you turn on the car (FCA just keeps throwing updates at it which make it worse and won't replace it), and within the past month I've had to have my truck towed to the dealership twice for misfiring issues. Who the hell is in charge of their quality control dept, they should be fired!! Can't wait till my 2020 F-250 Diesel Tremor gets here in 2 weeks, and FCA picks up this damn LEMON!
Tell them to swing by and pick mine up too. I have vibration issues. Tires been balanced 5 times in 6000 miles. They think that’s normal. Drove my chevys 36,000-50,000 miles and never once balanced a tire!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It happens and with every manufacturer. Just go look at other car/truck forums. Sucks when it happens.

I've been super lucky in my 30+ years of automotive owning...nothing close to that problematic. /knockonwood

41magmag41

Reaction score
I must be the exception to the rule. My 2019 bighorn has been absolutely flawless. Have 39000 on her and not a lick of problems. Will buy again in a year or two. But as its been said before all automotive lines have their bad days and production quirks , for the most part its just the luck of the draw.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I just saw this, looks pretty cool with new technology PKG
More stuff to malfunction! Hell I dont even use all the crap that my Limited is capable of doing. Like I still have yet to even try the parking assist feature even after having my truck since just before Halloween 2019.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The first image isn't anything new. But the trailer-tow mirrors are finally being brought up to match the standard mirrors for functionality, the trailer steering functionality (that we saw on TRX images) is coming, and the factory is finally installing an LED CHMSL (the first upgrade many of us did to our '19-20 DTs). Nothing groundbreaking, but the improved towing mirrors will resolve the biggest faux pas from FCA on the DT launch.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More stuff to malfunction! Hell I dont even use all the crap that my Limited is capable of doing. Like I still have yet to even try the parking assist feature even after having my truck since just before Halloween 2019.

No one is forcing you to buy it......

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if some of these make the jump to the HDs. My lease is up next fall, but due to my use case changing, I'm likely going to be on the market for a HD instead of another 1500. I like the idea of the HUD for sure!

flakkblag

Reaction score
Hopefully a truck without crappy AC and a leaky back window!
I've got an '09 with the same problems. I've gone through two condenser replacements (the current one has ANOTHER pin-hole leak that is patched with epoxy to get it to last until I can trade it in), two evaporator coil replacements; and, replaced the re-circulation flapper motor twice. I've gone in nearly every year since I bought it to have pin-hole leaks in the condenser supply line epoxied-over and the Freon recharged (eventually replacing the lines when the condenser finally went).

I had to take the truck in a half-dozen times for the original rear-window leak (which I finally sealed with a healthy dose of silicone on the outside). When that window got broken out, I took it in to be replaced and that window poured water in. I had to get a third window installed, which also promptly leaked. It took the dealership two weeks to fix... with a $5 tube of silicone caulk from Lowe's.

I've been really holding out for a '21 CG-Orange Built to Serve; but hearing about these same problems from so many other people makes me appreciate that I wasn't the victim of a shady service-department. I probably was, anyways; as every so often when I would get an oil-change, the dealer would charge me $200-300 to update the firmware on my ECM. That FCA is STILL having these issues is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online