5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Expectations

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2021 is coming with the Uconnect 5.0? I just purchased a 2021 Laramie with the 12 inch screen with the new technology group that comes with a Uconnect powered HUD. I cant imagine they would ship them with the new HUD and an old OS only to switch to the new android OS uconnect 5 half way through a MY. Just a thought, but all of the new tech in the technology group you would think would be powered by the new Uconnect system.

It still hasn’t been confirmed but perhaps your build sheet once it’s ready, will show the uconnect version (4 or 5).

McX

Reaction score
notmytruck2021-cropped.jpg
Didn't end up ordering this, in part because dealer insisted on MSRP. I didn't want the trailer mirrors, but they were quoted as 4-something. There's a new Tech group.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that order sheet. From what I can see with the options listed, the non-ETorque Hemi increased by $300 and the Laramie Level 2 decreased by $600. The base price of the model increased by $440.

Tonner

Reaction score
View attachment 63365
Didn't end up ordering this, in part because dealer insisted on MSRP. I didn't want the trailer mirrors, but they were quoted as 4-something. There's a new Tech group.
This is what I ended up ordering. I feel good about my deal if your dealer wasn’t budging from MSRP. I ended up getting it for $59626. Not bad for a 2021 and I’m hoping there is some kind of rebate when it gets delivered. I’m still holding out hope that uconnect 5 comes with it. It doesn’t say on the build sheet but I don’t think it would. It has been confirmed that the 2021 Durango has the new UConnect 5 and ordering for them opened before the 2021 Ram.

Attachments

• 5778CB49-0569-4214-929A-724AE29A8769.jpeg
    5778CB49-0569-4214-929A-724AE29A8769.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Anyone have an order sheet they can post from a 2021 Limited order?

Tonner

Reaction score
Anyone have an order sheet they can post from a 2021 Limited order?
Here you go. I got a build sheet for both the Laramie and limited. I’m just not a big fan of the skinny headlights on the limited. They are a little to Cherokee looking. I actually prefer the look of the Laramie vs the limited. I know the limited has projector led vs reflector. I just don’t like the look. I’m sure I’m in the minority there.

Attachments

• F68E6C84-BE79-47F0-BC8D-903FCF98F9F9.jpeg
    F68E6C84-BE79-47F0-BC8D-903FCF98F9F9.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 150

Venom700

Reaction score
Here you go. I got a build sheet for both the Laramie and limited. I’m just not a big fan of the skinny headlights on the limited. They are a little to Cherokee looking. I actually prefer the look of the Laramie vs the limited. I know the limited has projector led vs reflector. I just don’t like the look. I’m sure I’m in the minority there.
Glad to see the tonneau separate from the Night edition.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Glad to see the tonneau separate from the Night edition.

Yeah but what does the night edition get you f

Thanks for that...I can't wait to see all the options listed but I will say your post is illuminating for so many reasons.

A 2020 Limited with the Black Appearance Package (BAP) costs $3995 but includes all the black trim (no extra cost just replaces chrome obviously), 22" wheels ($2095 option cost for the regular 22s), tri-fold tonneau ($550 option cost), body-color bumpers ($195 option cost), 19 speaker Harman Kardon system (can't price it as a stand-alone option) and the sport performance hood (can't get that as a separate option on any trim but not really an "upgrade" per se. A little math shows if the Level 1 is $2995 without the BAP, and the Advanced Safety Group (ASG) is $1695, then the cost of the HK sound system and the rear cooled seats is $1300. If you opt for the BAP, the cost of the Level 1 is reduced to $2295 since the BAP includes the HK which means you're paying $2295 for rear cooled seats and the ASG. Since the ASG is $1695, that means you're paying $600 for just the rear cooled seats (no thanks). Look back above, since you're paying $600 for the rear cooled seats, you're paying $700 for the HK sound system ($1300-$600).

Now, based on what you showed, a 2021 Night Edition is the same cost as the Black Appearance Package so it would reason that it replaces it. BUT, since you have a separate charge for the tri-fold tonneau (same $550 as the 2020 price), that means it cost the SAME as the 2020 but includes less value ($550). ALSO, the Level 1 is still the same price as 2020 ($2995) but DOES NOT decrease when you select the Night Edition (like the Level 1 does on the 2020 if you select the Night Edition...$2995 down to $2295). According to the articles here and other places, the Limited Night Edition is supposed to be the EXACT same package (content-wise) as the BAP from 2020 but you can select other exterior colors and possibly the indigo/frost interior (unconfirmed) but the tri-fold is SUPPOSED to come with the Night Edition but in your build sheet, it's listed separately and there's a $550 charge.

I would say the buyer is really getting screwed on that build for a Limited but we'll need to confirm EXACTLY what comes with each package.

Lastly, I'll be getting the HEMI (just not sure of eTorque yet) but it appears you can no longer get the V6 in the Limited as the base price must include the regular HEMI since the eTorque option is listed as $200 which is the difference between the regular HEMI ($1795) and the eTorque ($1995). My 2014 Longhorn base price included the HEMI as well. Doing a little math, the base price of the Limited increased by $540 unless you were wanting a V6 then it's a lot more..haha.

1Zach1

Reaction score
I reached out to a local dealer on a factory build for a Laramie and was told they are no longer doing 2020 builds, only 2021. That wouldn’t be a problem for me except I don’t really know what the options are (other than what I have seen in this thread), and the dealer wasn’t able to have both the Night Edition and Off-Road Package. I’m hoping that’s just a system glitch and it will be available on 2021. I’m also hoping to get the HUD now that I’ve seen it on the spec sheet here.

tom318

Reaction score
I reached out to a local dealer on a factory build for a Laramie and was told they are no longer doing 2020 builds, only 2021. That wouldn’t be a problem for me except I don’t really know what the options are (other than what I have seen in this thread), and the dealer wasn’t able to have both the Night Edition and Off-Road Package. I’m hoping that’s just a system glitch and it will be available on 2021. I’m also hoping to get the HUD now that I’ve seen it on the spec sheet here.
It’s possible it’s a glitch. Some of us are seeing strange things with these new orders. I ordered a Laramie on Friday and I already see someone mentioned the level 2 package went up $300 since then. My build sheet shows $3995 and starting today apparently it’s $4295. Not sure what’s going on.....safest to wait but I became impatient and wasn’t interested in the new items so I just got in line for the 2021s since they also wouldn’t build a new 2020 for me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s possible it’s a glitch. Some of us are seeing strange things with these new orders. I ordered a Laramie on Friday and I already see someone mentioned the level 2 package went up $300 since then. My build sheet shows $3995 and starting today apparently it’s $4295. Not sure what’s going on.....safest to wait but I became impatient and wasn’t interested in the new items so I just got in line for the 2021s since they also wouldn’t build a new 2020 for me.
They bounce around a LOT in the early days of new features and packages. Mine changed 4 times from quote to POC to sold order to delivery in 2018...two of those in 10 minutes while I was sitting at the dealership!

bcliu430

Reaction score
This is what I ended up ordering. I feel good about my deal if your dealer wasn’t budging from MSRP. I ended up getting it for $59626. Not bad for a 2021 and I’m hoping there is some kind of rebate when it gets delivered. I’m still holding out hope that uconnect 5 comes with it. It doesn’t say on the build sheet but I don’t think it would. It has been confirmed that the 2021 Durango has the new UConnect 5 and ordering for them opened before the 2021 Ram.
I have ordered mine with MSRP at 62k and i got 6% below invoice.

doolin64

Reaction score
Anyone know when the 2021 configurator will be live? I would like to know what colors will be available.

Users who are viewing this thread