5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
well i got the BCM back from the guy who was going to program it and while he did get it out of plant mode he didn't set the VIN so the system won't let me cycle the key.

i won't have the truck long enough to keep trying because insurance is taking it soon. i'll have the mirror, cable, chmsl and BCM for sale if anyone wants to buy the lot and try.
i will not when doing the alpha obd command to acc/run1 the mirror lit up and said to flip but didn't have the broken linbus symbol.

i'd like $800 for the set (paid $1100+shipping/programming that didn't work); cable, mirror, chmsl, 2021 bcm. all brand new and never driven, only installed loose to test.
Sent you a PM

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

OFP

Reaction score
Sold to vinventw56

I hope this gets solved, sorry i wasn't able to be the one to do it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I need to figure out how to get my VIN in the BCM. And then I can start working on it.

OFP

Reaction score
the dealership should be able to do it but you will have to have them install it.

nandalora

Reaction score
Does anyone know why there appears to be 2 PNs for the digital mirror?

I know 68448641AB is the one we have been referencing in this thread. Just wondering if this other PN could have different wiring or features that may help with issues.

1618505255919.png

nandalora

Reaction score
BTW, it appears you can now build a 2021 Rebel with the Technology package w/o the Advanced Safety Group package. I have also seen 3 on dealer lots configured this way. Is this possible because they don't have auto diming side mirrors or auto high beams? It does say that the digital mirror is auto dimming...

1619147662120.png

nandalora

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the only dimming function that you lose is with the side mirrors? And why is that? (I have a Laramie w/o advanced safety)

Just want to make sure the dash and IP will still dim as normal. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evank33

Reaction score
Random idea, could the fuses for the mirror be different between the 19/20 and the 21 that could be causing the issues? Just crossed my mind so no idea if it is it

vincentw56

Reaction score
All right all, they put in the 2021 BCM into my 2020 and they did it won't take a program. I'm not sure why, but maybe there's a change between the years. @Jimmy07 any ideas?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All right all, they put in the 2021 BCM into my 2020 and they did it won't take a program. I'm not sure why, but maybe there's a change between the years. @Jimmy07 any ideas?

I’m guessing they installed it and tried to restore the vehicle configuration to the new bcm?
On another note, new AlfaOBD android version today. I haven’t checked if there is one for windows yet, but with the windows version, you would connect to the bcm, switch to advanced mode, select MY2021 powernet. Find the setting radio & connectivity: digital rear view camera present, and set it to yes. Hopefully that does it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Edit above- update is available for windows version of AlfaOBD. Anyone with the windows version and a 2019-2020 truck with the digital rear view mirror and camera installed, try the setting mentioned above in the 2021 settings list.
Edit again- sorry guys, that is not the correct setting. I’ll keep looking through the new lists.

Last edited:

Arth

Reaction score
Edit above- update is available for windows version of AlfaOBD. Anyone with the windows version and a 2019-2020 truck with the digital rear view mirror and camera installed, try the setting mentioned above in the 2021 settings list.
Edit again- sorry guys, that is not the correct setting. I’ll keep looking through the new lists.

I'd be more than happy to connect to my 21... tomorrow. Lol sorry guys just got off work and it's another early start tomorrow. Anything in particular you want me to go after?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to connect to my 21... tomorrow. Lol sorry guys just got off work and it's another early start tomorrow. Anything in particular you want me to go after?
If you could pull your BCM system ID again and send it to me, that’d be awesome. I can re-compare to some others.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I don't know if they were even able to set the VIN. They said the truck wouldn't start with the new BCM.

downsc123

Reaction score
Anyone by chance figure out how to get the auto-dim feature for the mirrors to work after installing the digital mirror and CHMSL w/ camera. I bought the CHMSL w/ camera but haven't purchased the digital mirror as I am not willing to loose the auto-dimming mirrors.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
I think I am going to attempt to bring the camera into the 12in display. 1st attempt will be using a connector / convertor like
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Quest-Audio-Video/292-101408.html?msclkid=e8e754a57c5917c8649d342a34f5e094&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing | Dynamic - Search Ads&utm_term=/accessories-and-parts/&utm_content=Dynamic - Accessories and Parts
And utilize the pins 21/22 and enable the cargo camera
If anyone knows of a convertor that would be better. I am expecting these cameras to be digital and PIN 21/22 need analog. So I am expecting just a cable conversion to fail.

Ill use the following post for guidance.

If all fails Ill order an analog camera and swap them

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Do you think that it could be just setting we are missing, or do you still think we need the 2021+ BCM? I have all the parts, but the dealer couldn't program the BCM. Is there anything you can do? I would be willing to send you all the pieces.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Do you think that it could be just setting we are missing, or do you still think we need the 2021+ BCM? I have all the parts, but the dealer couldn't program the BCM. Is there anything you can do? I would be willing to send you all the pieces.
Sent you a PM

nandalora

Reaction score
Ok, got my mirror and camera installed today...good news, bad news time...

Good news - the mirror and camera works, also I found that the mirror, in camera mode, does dim the image as needed when the light sensor is covered.

Bad news - I lost many settings in the UConnect screen! Please see details in my thread. Is this just a coincidence of resetting the battery or could the mirror install cause this??

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online