5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if this would be a plug n play upgrade for a 2019-2020?

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Just for clarification, you are talking about the new LED 3rd Brake Light? This isn’t an option specific to the Night Edition, rather the new Technology Group.
Yes. My mistake I thought it was specific to night edition. I’m hoping it’s plug n play.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does it have a camera or do they have one without the camera?

Rob

Reaction score
It only comes with a camera. That’s one reason why it’s so expensive.

Rob

Reaction score
Camera won’t work bc we don’t have the wire to plug that in and the rear view mirror is diff.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Camera won’t work bc we don’t have the wire to plug that in and the rear view mirror is diff.
Does the connector for the camera look similar to this one with 6 pins-
rFlu93C.jpg

Or is it a fakra connector similar to this-
4seAMfW.jpg

Rob

Reaction score
Camera connector is a little diff. Also it’s on 2 screws now and snaps into the body

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
The camera line is already there on most trucks I've seen. Seems to be part of the standard harness.

We were talking about this on another thread. Seems some think the camera line is already there on the 2019/2020's. Where is the camera supposed to display? Is it supposed to show up on the rearview mirror, or the uconnect screen?

Amerinamese

Reaction score
We were talking about this on another thread. Seems some think the camera line is already there on the 2019/2020's. Where is the camera supposed to display? Is it supposed to show up on the rearview mirror, or the uconnect screen?
For the 2021s it shows up in the mirror. You'd have to have the 2021 mirror as well I would assume.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/