5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

CobraKai

Reaction score
Let me know how well the seal holds up on this, i keep worrying the one on my 2020 limited is going to leak from everybody stating theirs does... this may be worth swapping out.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know how well the seal holds up on this, i keep worrying the one on my 2020 limited is going to leak from everybody stating theirs does... this may be worth swapping out.

Yea, I'm on my 3rd brake light and this one is not leaking so far so I don't want to even touch it.

JDGRam19

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the mirror as well and had it hooked up to work as the digital mirror camera?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see if this could be hooked to the factory uconnect like the 2500/3500's with little effort.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for these to be out a little bit longer, get the price down a touch more. Then I'll probably be adding the mirror and 3rd brake light to my wish-list. See if we I can make them work. Even if not, I've read the 2021's digital mirror is a bit larger than the 2019/2020's regular mirror, which is always a plus, and the 3rd brake light's LEDs are nice.

Until then, my LED-installed regular CHMSL is working just fine with the added weather-stripping to prevent leaks.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered the brake light, going to take pictures and see what I need to do in order to enable the camera.
Definitely post some detailed pics of the camera connector. Would like to see if it’s fakra, or a 4 or 6 pin connector. As far as enabling it, it’s not in the BCM list in AlfaOBD, and the developer said he doesn’t foresee getting his hands on a 2021 any time soon, so might have to wait it out on enabling it.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I thought, at first, that it was just a small screen on one side (left or right) of the rear view mirror, like I've seen on other cars. But, from what I've read, and from one of the TRX videos I've seen, it's the entire mirror. It's actually really cool looking. Uconnect would be nice, but I feel like the rear view would feel more natural.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Arth

Reaction score
I thought, at first, that it was just a small screen on one side (left or right) of the rear view mirror, like I've seen on other cars. But, from what I've read, and from one of the TRX videos I've seen, it's the entire mirror. It's actually really cool looking. Uconnect would be nice, but I feel like the rear view would feel more natural.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ive got the tech package on my 2021 and the digital rear view mirror is really handy at night. I am running some really dark tint on my rear windows so it’s a nice option to have. Heads up display is a nice touch too.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
So 500+ bucks for an led 3rd brake light with a camera plus who knows how much for a new mirror plus wiring harness(s) to go with it, all so you can stop swiveling that melon on top of your body to look at what's behind you from the perspective of the 3rd brake light vs the already included tailgate handle view...

Yeh I will pass on that... I already spent 61k on a 73k truck that already has a ton of features that I rarely use or need.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So 500+ bucks for an led 3rd brake light with a camera plus who knows how much for a new mirror plus wiring harness(s) to go with it, all so you can stop swiveling that melon on top of your body to look at what's behind you from the perspective of the 3rd brake light vs the already included tailgate handle view...

Yeh I will pass on that... I already spent 61k on a 73k truck that already has a ton of features that I rarely use or need.
I agree the cost is ridiculous. I am going to hold out and hope the cost comes down and they find a way for it to project on the UConnect. Main reason I want it is for when I have my tri fold bed cover up and cant see out the back window. The camera would come in handy being able to see the load I am hauling.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I agree the cost is ridiculous. I am going to hold out and hope the cost comes down and they find a way for it to project on the UConnect. Main reason I want it is for when I have my tri fold bed cover up and cant see out the back window. The camera would come in handy being able to see the load I am hauling.
What do you mean by seeing via uconnect? Don’t we already have a back up view option. I know I’m able to see the rear of my vehicle by the press of a button.
I actually just want the third brake light to go with the theme of the night edition, plus it being factory LED.

Therealdarkknight

Reaction score
Happen to get those pictures? Wrapping up my interior and moving on to this next.
I haven't received it yet, still waiting for it to ship.. Ill reach out to them today and see what the hold up is.

Edit- Just called, they told me it arrived over the weekend to their parts department and they will be shipping it out to me today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks! Really curious on if we can integrate it into both the uconnect and mirror based on the camera output. Appreciate the follow up sir.

Users who are viewing this thread