5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So to be clear, is the 2022 2500 version p/n 68519222AA, is functionally and physically the same as the 2021 1500 version p/n 68448641ab, except for the addition of the 2nd camera input of course?

Yes, it's clear. . . as mud.
Your concern was mine before I asked @Jimmy07. I don't think there is any differences between a '21 and '22.

This should simplify choosing:

1 Video Input Channel, 2021/22
68448639AB: no FCW
68448641AB: FCW-equipped

2 Video Input Channels, 2021/22
68519111AA: no FCW
68519222AA: FCW-equipped

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
I ordered the custom cable and found a used 22 BCM on ebay. Probably will pick up the mirror and CHMSL soon

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, this is one of the best upgrades I've done.
Agree as well. Even with the extra hoops the '19 and '20 owners have to jump through to make this work, I still think it is worth adding. The improved visibility is amazing. I don't think I'll ever own another vehicle without this option.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
yes I went ahead and ordered everything. I consider this a safety upgrade which are well worth the money. You just cant see much out of a standard mirror in the truck especially with someone sitting in the middle

Beretta226

Reaction score
yes I went ahead and ordered everything. I consider this a safety upgrade which are well worth the money. You just cant see much out of a standard mirror in the truck especially with someone sitting in the middle
I ordered the custom cable and found a used 22 BCM on ebay. Probably will pick up the mirror and CHMSL soon
Did the used ‘22 BCM come with the wire harness to loop it into the system? I have been following this thread and really want to do this upgrade to my ‘20 Limited

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
Did the used ‘22 BCM come with the wire harness to loop it into the system? I have been following this thread and really want to do this upgrade to my ‘20 Limited
It did not come with the wiring. PM Jimmy07 for the custom cable. Him and others put a lot of time into figuring it out for 19-20 owners.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I created a how to on this.

chuck01835

Reaction score
Where did you all buy your digital mirrors from and did you get a good deal? Ready to pull the trigger on the 68519222AA.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I created a how to on this.

Vincent, what is the possibility, in your opinion, of installing a switch in the facra cable for a cable from the HMSL camera and the backup camera to allow one or the other to show on the UConnect screen for use as a cargo camera when wanted and backup the rest of the time. Found a switch(ACV Fakra Rear View Camera Video Switch 2 Fakra In+1 Out + Fakra ISO Adaptor : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive) and both cameras are facra. Just need to realign the CMSL camera down to the bed for hooking up my fifth wheel.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vincent, what is the possibility, in your opinion, of installing a switch in the facra cable for a cable from the HMSL camera and the backup camera to allow one or the other to show on the UConnect screen for use as a cargo camera when wanted and backup the rest of the time. Found a switch(ACV Fakra Rear View Camera Video Switch 2 Fakra In+1 Out + Fakra ISO Adaptor : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive) and both cameras are facra. Just need to realign the CMSL camera down to the bed for hooking up my fifth wheel.
That won’t work because the radio isn’t capable of displaying the image from the camera used in the CHMSL.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Even if they both have the facra connection?
Yes, the connection type is meaningless. They are different digital cameras completely. The radio can’t display the DRVM camera’s image, and the DRVM can’t display the backup camera’s image.
Besides, even if you had two identical cameras, the video switchers don’t work on these digital cameras. The image is unstable, glitchy, and flickers out.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not like the old days of just plugging in a cable. The cameras are digital and communicate differently.
Odd. I would think that a digital camera is a digital camera. I have the HMSL with the rearview camera, so I might just hook it up at the tailgate to verify, and might have to get another tailgate/backup camera and mount it into the CMSL cargo camera spot. Seems I saw where someone did that somewhere else. Just a hole saw and epoxy.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Odd. I would think that a digital camera is a digital camera. I have the HMSL with the rearview camera, so I might just hook it up at the tailgate to verify, and might have to get another tailgate/backup camera and mount it into the CMSL cargo camera spot. Seems I saw where someone did that somewhere else. Just a hole saw and epoxy.
Ok, have at it, but my responses are not guesses. I’ve been down that road of testing already.
The guy that cut one in used an analog camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online