5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Gas Milage

Zeeya

Reaction score
One thing to note. My MSD light did not even start coming on until I had about 1500 miles on it. I wasn't sure what light was when it first came on. I'm not sure if that is part of the break in period. I'm like the rest, 44,000 miles on a 2019 Rebel - all stock. 16 average on highway at 73. Anything over 2000 rpm and the mileage craters.

milks669

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really buy into the....it will get better as it breaks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my third Ram, first Rebel and it's the worst for gas millage. I live in Canada so we go by Litres not gallons and my old trucks were around 14-15 litres per 100km. This new rebel has yet to see bllow 20. Right now it's hovering around 21 litres per 100 km. I wonder what the difference is because the other 2 Rams I owned were 1500 sports. I was expecting it to be roughly the same.

Dgulia

Reaction score
There is just one way to say it
IT SUCKS
But I love the truck

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
This is my third Ram, first Rebel and it's the worst for gas millage. I live in Canada so we go by Litres not gallons and my old trucks were around 14-15 litres per 100km. This new rebel has yet to see bllow 20. Right now it's hovering around 21 litres per 100 km. I wonder what the difference is because the other 2 Rams I owned were 1500 sports. I was expecting it to be roughly the same.
Holy crap! My 2020 Rebel has just over 8k now and i'm averaging 15-16 l per 100 km. Thats mixed highway and city driving. I did 120km today, 80 of which was highway and averaged 12.9 l/100km. Cruise on at 104kmh.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I had a 2016 Rebel,
I put KO2 tires on it. Off the top of my head I wanna say 13.7mpg was a number I saw a lot of in city driving. In cold cold conditions, 4x4, lowest number I ever saw? It was 12. Something.
12.5 might be it. Alltime low.

Right now, 2019 Rebel, toyo AT3s (stock size), Ramair intake + magnaflow exhaust - this summer I was getting 15.7mpg in mostly city driving. The AT3s were new too. I personally suspect I'll see 16mpg in mostly city driving this summer.

Right now, on winter blend and with letting the truck sit and warm up? Today I read 15.1mpg.
A few weeks ago the low was 14.6

Attachments

• RebelMPGWinter.jpg
    RebelMPGWinter.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 23

Jmark

Reaction score
Not believing is not hating. However, I realized I made an incorrect assumption when I assumed your Rebel has a Hemi.

Now that I know you have a 3.6L, I changed my opinion to possible.
That works. I wanted the Hemi but this was a deal I couldn't pass.

shredwardc

Reaction score
I can't get my 2021 rebel (hemi no etorque) past 11-12mpg during my work week going to work and back mostly with about 75% hwy driving around 65mph or so. Dissapointed. only at about 2k miles so far. its been cold here in wisconsin and i do let it sit and warmup quite a bit.... but still dissapointed.

Husky_max

Reaction score
I can't get my 2021 rebel (hemi no etorque) past 11-12mpg during my work week going to work and back mostly with about 75% hwy driving around 65mph or so. Dissapointed. only at about 2k miles so far. its been cold here in wisconsin and i do let it sit and warmup quite a bit.... but still dissapointed.

same to me. Driving less hwy but only getting 11 now. Sometimes will drop to 10.8. Very disappointed to see the range dropping like crazy.

Hydrashok

Reaction score
I'm new here but didn't find anything on a quick search. I have had 2 Rams. This is my first Rebel. I'm struggling with the gas mileage. Obviously I didn't buy the Rebel to save the planet. I wasn't as concerned until I met a guy yesterday that has a 2019 Rebel. He said he gets 17 driving pretty much the same route everyday that I do. I however get around 14 average. I even set the cruise control on the way back from coyote hunting the other night and got 16... that was crawling. Anyone have any insight. The dealership says everything looks fine.

sorry I should add that I have the 5.7 Hemi
I have 2020 Rebel and I traded in my 2016 F150 3.5 EcoBoost. I'm very disappointed in the gas mileage on my Rebel. I get 13.9 in town and 15 mpg on highway. I haven't towed my boat yet but I'm going to assume 8-9mpg with it. My 3.5 ecoboost not only had more power but would get 16.5mpg in town and 18's on highway. I'm with you and didn't buy this truck to save fuel but I didn't expect it to suck gas this bad! Who ever put the MPG numbers on the window sticker might need to back to school.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have 2020 Rebel and I traded in my 2016 F150 3.5 EcoBoost. I'm very disappointed in the gas mileage on my Rebel. I get 13.9 in town and 15 mpg on highway. I haven't towed my boat yet but I'm going to assume 8-9mpg with it. My 3.5 ecoboost not only had more power but would get 16.5mpg in town and 18's on highway. I'm with you and didn't buy this truck to save fuel but I didn't expect it to suck gas this bad! Who ever put the MPG numbers on the window sticker might need to back to school.
Remember those window sticker mpg's are not for a Rebel. They are likely for a bare 4x 1500. I could not find out what trim or cab/bed length they use but you can bet it probably was a Tradesman quad sb...

SharkLazer

Reaction score
I have a '21 with just under 2k miles on it.

I get about 11 in town because I use auto-start to warm up in the cold and then like to give it the beans every time a light turns green on our nearly deserted 45mph roads.

I took a longer trip and got 19 during the section that was speed limit 55 for about 100 miles. When I got to the speed limit 80 part I got about 13. Pushing all that wind with that square front sucks up the juice, even with "eco" mode active!

All I can say is thank the things that I live in a relatively inexpensive gas state and got the big tank!

Husky_max

Reaction score
I have a '21 with just under 2k miles on it.

I get about 11 in town because I use auto-start to warm up in the cold and then like to give it the beans every time a light turns green on our nearly deserted 45mph roads.

I took a longer trip and got 19 during the section that was speed limit 55 for about 100 miles. When I got to the speed limit 80 part I got about 13. Pushing all that wind with that square front sucks up the juice, even with "eco" mode active!

All I can say is thank the things that I live in a relatively inexpensive gas state and got the big tank!

I am so sad with my 23 gal tank. Only showing 250 range after refill. Even worse than a electric vehicle.....

SharkLazer

Reaction score
I am so sad with my 23 gal tank. Only showing 250 range after refill. Even worse than a electric vehicle.....

Oh man, can't even imagine. No idea what it would take to aftermarket upgrade that, but highly recommend it.

Got mine to do outdoor adventure in the Rockies, so basically kitted it out with all the cool outdoor kid things. Now I have to wait for the snow to melt off those mountains to see what mileage it gets in the wilderness. I suspect it'll be decent just because the main suck is my maniac driving and high speed :)

azMO

Reaction score
same here... I have been getting 21L per 100KM. :( but its only a few months old and I put the Borla Atak exhaust on so I have been stepping on it too much I guess to hear the sound. I recently got the Pedal Commander with the intention of using lower settings to get better mileage... so far I have mostly used it on sport though and put the MPG (or KMPG lol) up over 22 now.

Smashius

Reaction score
My '21 is getting 13.1 mpg through the first 2k miles. I use auto start every morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/