5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Window Sticker (Laramie Longhorn) That I Tripped Across

DavidNJ

Reaction score
This is close if not a fully equipped version including Rambox, Multifunction Tailgate, and Tonneau Cover.

It also has the Off-Road package with the manually locking diff

4TFive

Reaction score
No 100k warranty? Also where on a window sticker does it denote the bed length?

DavidNJ

Reaction score

a) I'm not a dealer...was just looking and saw this listed as incoming...close to what I'm considering.

b) It has the RamBox, which on the 1500 is only available with the 5'7" bed, unless that changed for 2020.

I see some prices up a few dollars, and the base is less than the $54,390 on the 2019 models. A drop of $250.

DavidNJ

Reaction score

The Ram covers a pretty broad price range. This is close to a fully equipped Laramie Longhorn (note it just says Longhorn, not Laramie Longhorn). It is missing the body colored bumpers. It doesn't have the deployable step specified and that wasn't available with the Off-Road Package or Protection Package in 2019 TTBOMK. Not sure why. Not sure if the Off-Road Package nixes the center deployable step with the Multifunction tailgate. That feature adds $1000.

I expect the Multifunction tailgate to be widely ordered in 2020 on the more expensive models.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Ram covers a pretty broad price range. This is close to a fully equipped Laramie Longhorn (note it just says Longhorn, not Laramie Longhorn). It is missing the body colored bumpers. It doesn't have the deployable step specified and that wasn't available with the Off-Road Package or Protection Package in 2019 TTBOMK. Not sure why. Not sure if the Off-Road Package nixes the center deployable step with the Multifunction tailgate. That feature adds $1000.

I expect the Multifunction tailgate to be widely ordered in 2020 on the more expensive models.
It looks like my truck’s spec plus the multi-function tailgate. The body-colored bumpers and bed step weren’t available when I ordered (May 2018). My truck was delivered almost a year ago (Sep 2018) with a sticker just a little north of $70K...so this one coming in at $71K+ with an extra $1K option doesn’t surprise me. I’d be curious to see the payload sticker on this truck; I’m guessing it’ll be the first one we’ve seen heavier than mine.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score

I think that was some misinformation that got around regarding 100k mile PT warranty on the gas engines. That is only for the Ecodiesel, and falls in line with RAM's warranty plan for the 2500/3500/etc diesels as well.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only ecodiesel. And we have a few threads about this. Bed length is only available by decoding the VIN or seeing the truck.

Here is one of them that talks about this.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. Probably sharp truck and man that's a lot of money. That would buy 2 1/2 of my last new truck (Titan).

On the plus side, I just realized my truck has a 5 year 60k powertrain warranty. I must have missed that part on the sticker, I thought the whole truck was 3/36. That makes me happy, since it will (most likely) be the first new vehicle I've ever owned that the time outstripped the miles. Since I've always had a lot of *** time in vehicle seats during my working life I usually only make it 1/2-2/3 of the time before the miles are up.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Not a manually locking differential - it's an e-locker.

Electric vs. pneumatic. However, still requires the push of a button (manual). This is common for slippery conditions and the Jeep Rubicon models also come with a front diff locker (leaving all 4 wheels locked).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Electric vs. pneumatic. However, still requires the push of a button (manual). This is common for slippery conditions and the Jeep Rubicon models also come with a front diff locker (leaving all 4 wheels locked).
I agree it is definitely a manual locking differential, a button push. And the Powerwagon has front and rear manual locking differentials as well. Still curious why they haven't given the Rebel that ability to set it further apart from the offroad group.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Also note that the price for eTorque is down. Wasn't it a $2,695 option on all 2019 MY trucks? Now it's $1,995, nice! That's the opposite of what normally happens with new engine tech - usually the price is low and then creeps up as the years go by. IIRC, the price for Ford's EcoBoost 3.5-liter went up year over year.

-John

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also note that the price for eTorque is down. Wasn't it a $2,695 option on all 2019 MY trucks? Now it's $1,995, nice! That's the opposite of what normally happens with new engine tech - usually the price is low and then creeps up as the years go by. IIRC, the price for Ford's EcoBoost 3.5-liter went up year over year.

-John
Actually, it was $1,995 at my time of order (just $800 more than the non-eTorque HEMI) in May 2018 and $2,645 by the time mine was delivered last September. The attractive early pricing was surely intended to help this new feature gain traction. FCA quickly increased pricing when it became more popular than expected (and when they subsequently ran short on supplies).

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Actually, it was $1,995 at my time of order (just $800 more than the non-eTorque HEMI) in May 2018 and $2,645 by the time mine was delivered last September. The attractive early pricing was surely intended to help this new feature gain traction. FCA quickly increased pricing when it became more popular than expected (and when they subsequently ran short on supplies).

Oh, I had no idea! That's before I started looking at the new RAM. Mine was $2,645 when I bought it (5/19, built 3/19), and I don't even question its value... because of eTorque, my engine shuts off for 5-15 minutes per day of commuting. That's gotta be worth *some* savings at the pump.

-John

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I see that it has the tonneau cover with the multi-function tailgate. I guess they figured out how to deal with the corner braces? Or does it not need the corner braces when you have the ram boxes?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see that it has the tonneau cover with the multi-function tailgate. I guess they figured out how to deal with the corner braces? Or does it not need the corner braces when you have the ram boxes?
The factory tri-fold sits up on top of the bed rails, with two clamps along each side; as such, I don't know if there would be any conflicts with the corner braces (but I'd have to go out and look to confirm). As you said, it's likely that there's no need for corner braces (or at least nothing that would be exposed) when the RamBox bedsides are installed.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
I agree it is definitely a manual locking differential, a button push. And the Powerwagon has front and rear manual locking differentials as well. Still curious why they haven't given the Rebel that ability to set it further apart from the offroad group.

Lockers are pretty hard on IFS setups, compared to the solid axles on the Powerwagons and Rubicons, at least to the point where FCA wouldn't want to deal with trying to warranty it. I'd imagine thats why they don't offer one on the Rebel, but a front limited slip option would be a nice option, better than nothing at least.

LouCap

Reaction score
The factory tri-fold sits up on top of the bed rails, with two clamps along each side; as such, I don't know if there would be any conflicts with the corner braces (but I'd have to go out and look to confirm). As you said, it's likely that there's no need for corner braces (or at least nothing that would be exposed) when the RamBox bedsides are installed.

The tonneau works on this particular truck because of the RAM boxes. With the RAM boxes, you don't have the MFT braces at the front of the bed, because either the boxes provide the lateral stiffness, or they are hidden inside the boxes. My truck has the MFT (no RAM boxes), and the only way to get the MOPAR hard trifold to fit was by removing the braces because it has two rails that sit on top and are blocked by the MFT braces. Currently, I'm using a GATOR hybrid folding cover because it truly does sit on top of the bed with no rails and the front clamps are far enough back to work with the MFT braces.

Attachments

• Gator Hybrid cover.jpg
    Gator Hybrid cover.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread