5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel - Stock Rear Shocks - Missing Remote Res!!!???

STR

Reaction score
Rear Bilstein reservoir shocks are suppose to be standard equipment on Rebels. If you don’t have them, then I believe it was an error/mistake. Here’s a pic of my 2020 Rebel:
B7CD41B3-CC42-4B4C-AF4A-A845D782B029.jpeg

STR

Reaction score
... and I don’t have air suspension.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a build date of 02/20 with regular suspension and I also do not have the remote reservoir shocks, I will contact my sales guy and see what he says.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have rear shocks with resv. on my 19 Rebel 4x4 with non-air suspension.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my buddy check his 2019 rebel and he has the remote reservoirs on his rear shocks. I’m wondering if there was a supply issue for later model 2020s and they put these ones on instead.

Bilstein makes good shock and the non reservoir shocks should be sufficient for most users, but it’s not what we paid for or what we were told our trucks had. I drive a lot of logging roads, sometimes hours at a time and that extra oil would help with shock fade quite a bit.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bilstein makes good shock and the non reservoir shocks should be sufficient for most users, but it’s not what we paid for or what we were told our trucks had. I drive a lot of logging roads, sometimes hours at a time and that extra oil would help with shock fade quite a bit.

While I do agree that non-res shocks are sufficient... and I have zero complaints... if our trucks were supposed to come with a certain part number, but didn't, even if these different ones are within spec... that's an issue.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I do agree that non-res shocks are sufficient... and I have zero complaints... if our trucks were supposed to come with a certain part number, but didn't, even if these different ones are within spec... that's an issue.

For sure, every review of the 2020 rebel I find online says it’s supposed to have the remote reservoir. It’ll be interesting to see what ram says about this.

@RamCares could you please look into this for us?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems topical... from the launch press release of the 2019 Ram 1500... emphasis added by me.

Also new for 2019, the Ram 1500 Rebel is even more capable, now available in Quad Cab configurations and featuring new 18-inch wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33-inch tires driven by an electronic-locking rear differential. The Rebel predecessor came standard with Ram’s Active-level four-corner air suspension and a one-inch suspension lift. While air suspension is still available, the new Rebel comes standard with coil spring suspension and a one-inch factory lift. Newly designed Bilstein shocks feature remote reservoirs to keep the shocks cool and work with unique rear suspension geometry (Rebel and 4x4 Off-road Package) to keep the tires in traction. Rebel also includes Hill-descent Control for more off-road prowess. Hefty tow hooks feature wide bumper openings to ease use and the underbody protection features skid plates on the transfer case, steering system, oil pan and gas tank.

Source:

KOOPS

Reaction score
Trying to get info from the dealership is almost impossible. I am going to call back again. But just tried several times, and even talked to my sales person...but he had no idea. Hoping @RamCares can review this thread and chime in.

There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason for the exclusion of the remote reservoirs, unless maybe you have the air-suspension option. And mine does not have air-suspension.

Here is a pic of my optional equipment from my window sticker.

optional equip.jpg

Last edited:

STR

Reaction score
^^^ I agree. I have them, but don’t have the air suspension. I see that you have the EcoDiesel, and I have the HEMI w/o eTQ. That would be odd if that was the reason. I don’t have the Trailer Tow Group. Maybe it’s the two-paint option :ROFLMAO: JK. As mentioned, a supply shortage make the most sense, but that should be documented somewhere...

KOOPS

Reaction score
^^^ I agree. I have them, but don’t have the air suspension. I see that you have the EcoDiesel, and I have the HEMI w/o eTQ. That would be odd if that was the reason. I don’t have the Trailer Tow Group. Maybe it’s the two-paint option :ROFLMAO: JK. As mentioned, a supply shortage make the most sense, but that should be documented somewhere...

Haha.

Could it be the larger gas tank? No, right? I believe someone else on this thread already confirmed they had the remote res, and I think they had the Diesel gen3. With no air suspension. Believe it was @NC Rebel

Reactions: STR

STR

Reaction score
Whatever it is, I hope you get to the bottom of it (y)

STR

Reaction score
My sticker cites that same. I even pulled up my build sheet, and it just states Performance Tuned Shocks, which could be referencing the Bilstein in general, however, does not denote the Remote Reservoir version:
61FF8EC4-9A56-486B-A3BF-452E0269C5CE.png

flynfish

Reaction score
This seems topical... from the launch press release of the 2019 Ram 1500... emphasis added by me.

Also new for 2019, the Ram 1500 Rebel is even more capable, now available in Quad Cab configurations and featuring new 18-inch wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33-inch tires driven by an electronic-locking rear differential. The Rebel predecessor came standard with Ram’s Active-level four-corner air suspension and a one-inch suspension lift. While air suspension is still available, the new Rebel comes standard with coil spring suspension and a one-inch factory lift. Newly designed Bilstein shocks feature remote reservoirs to keep the shocks cool and work with unique rear suspension geometry (Rebel and 4x4 Off-road Package) to keep the tires in traction. Rebel also includes Hill-descent Control for more off-road prowess. Hefty tow hooks feature wide bumper openings to ease use and the underbody protection features skid plates on the transfer case, steering system, oil pan and gas tank.

Source:

So the off road should also have them? Anyone with ORP can you confirm? I’ll have to check my ORP truck tomorrow to see once my wife is back in town with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread