5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel - Stock Rear Shocks - Missing Remote Res!!!???

KOOPS

Reaction score
Which Rebel package comes standard with rear piggyback Einstein shocks? I've seen multiple with the rear piggyback from factory. Just curious, my 2020 Rebel did not come with those. Mine are the non piggyback. If you also don't have a remote res, please post your build date, and maybe optional equipment so we can see what is similar. We may be able to narrow down the reason for the rear's with no remote-res. My Rebel build date is 02/2020.

Thanks!!

. 20200606_144113.jpg

optional equip.jpg

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Mine has them, I actually thought all the Rebels came standard with them. Does yours have air suspension?

KOOPS

Reaction score
Mine has them, I actually thought all the Rebels came standard with them. Does yours have air suspension?

Nope, no air suspension. Just normal springs and shocks. But no piggybacks. 20200606_144113.jpg Can't just be mine, right??

Attachments

• 20200606_144113.jpg
    20200606_144113.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 55

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure all Rebels should have the rear shocks with the external reservoir... that's really odd

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That weird, even the 2WD Rebels have the resi rear shock, maybe a mistake or shortage at the factory? Not the first time for FCA, call your dealer and find out. I'm in San Diego too, which dealer did you buy it from?

KOOPS

Reaction score
That weird, even the 2WD Rebels have the resi rear shock, maybe a mistake or shortage at the factory? Not the first time for FCA, call your dealer and find out. I'm in San Diego too, which dealer did you buy it from?

Bought mine at Bob Baker Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Carlsbad. F* Me. I guess I need to call them, but I have a feeling they won't give a F*.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Bought mine at Bob Baker Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Carlsbad. F* Me. I guess I need to call them, but I have a feeling they won't give a F*.

FCA dealers are rated the worse out of all the dealers currently out there, which is why I am doing my own oil changes, but it's still worth a shot I think, makes sure to contact them on Monday. There is a pretty responsive RAM customer service rep on this site, I'll try to find his contact info, I think he has a direct link to the engineers who can give you an answer to why you got that shock.

KOOPS

Reaction score
FCA dealers are rated the worse out of all the dealers currently out there, which is why I am doing my own oil changes, but it's still worth a shot I think, makes sure to contact them on Monday. There is a pretty responsive RAM customer service rep on this site, I'll try to find his contact info, I think he has a direct link to the engineers who can give you an answer to why you got that shock.

Thanks, I appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll call them (dealership) on Monday and see what they say. I am wondering if it was a supply issue due to the virus...Either way, that would be hilarious if I had the only Rebel ever made without the rear shock w/ resi.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll call them (dealership) on Monday and see what they say. I am wondering if it was a supply issue due to the virus...Either way, that would be hilarious if I had the only Rebel ever made without the rear shock w/ resi.

Absolutely, it's Ramcares: https://5thgenrams.com/community/members/ramcares.183/

Contact him and he can reach out and find out if they changed the supply or a simple mistake.

runner_0

Reaction score

Mine does not have resi rear shocks either. I have the same as what you have pictured, only difference is I have air suspension on my truck. .

KOOPS

Reaction score
Mine does not have resi rear shocks either. I have the same as what you have pictured, only difference is I have air suspension on my truck. .

Thanks, Interesting... Do you know if that is exclusive to air suspension? Have a feeling it may have been a supply chain problem...

SD Rebel

Reaction score
What's weird is I can't find any detail on the 2020 RAM Rebel package, I wonder if they changed it to those shocks on newer models? Anyone else with a 2020 Rebel can chime in on their rear shocks?

Fairtrade87

Reaction score
Here is my 2019.

Quite possible there was a production change or your truck was "mis-built". When I worked at Ford, I seen one too many mis-built vehicles during PDI.

I know on other trim levels, you could get the off-road package but unsure if those models came with standard Bilsteins or Bilsteins with remote reservoir.

602a1c8783755b92ba9ac4beb888eed9.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have rear res shocks either and have air suspension. I assumed that air suspension negated the need for them. No I'm not so sure.

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
Which Rebel pakage comes standard with rear piggyback bilstein shocks? I've seen multiple with the rear piggyback from factory. Just curious, my 2020 Rebel did not come with those. Mine are the non piggyback.
I just checked mine (build end of January 2020) and I do not have the reservoir either. Bit of a bummer.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems to be a question that needs to get answered. What are the trucks "supposed to have" with and without Air Suspension and how to resolve it if you don't?

Users who are viewing this thread