5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 2500 power running boards problems.

nate2404usa

Reaction score
Well my passenger running board has been acting up a couple days after taking posesion. Called a dealship to schedule to get it addressed. Of course got the we have to duplicate the issue. Told them I got video of it getting stuck on nothing. Told them I will clear my whole day to sit there so they can play with it. Wish me luck.

SALUKI1988

Reaction score
Well my passenger running board has been acting up a couple days after taking posesion. Called a dealship to schedule to get it addressed. Of course got the we have to duplicate the issue. Told them I got video of it getting stuck on nothing. Told them I will clear my whole day to sit there so they can play with it. Wish me luck.
Nate,
We just picked our RAM 2500 Laramie up three weeks ago... sure enough just several days afterwords, the passenger side step would partially deploy and retract. My wife's legally blind so she nearly fell out of the truck. We went to the dealer, and sure enough they couldn't get it to happen.... a day later (New Year's Eve) and here were are with no way for my wife to get into the truck, unless she sits behind me on the driver's side. Very frustrating, given the reason we bought a Laramie was to get the power running boards... I'm contacting RAM Corp. about this.

42Bert

Reaction score
I traded a 2019 Laramie for a 2021 Limited. I have the same problem with the passenger running board not working all the time. I brought it to a dealer once And of course they could not duplicate the problem. I am going to schedule to bring it back again to see if it can be fixed along with the air noise problem I am having, sounds like a window cracked open but there is not. This truck is no where near as quite going down the road as the 2019 was. If any one finds out what the problem is with the running boar, that would be great info.

SALUKI1988

Reaction score
Was your air noise localized to driver's side or passenger side? I noticed a small air noise at the driver's door.

blueflip

Reaction score
Nate,
We just picked our RAM 2500 Laramie up three weeks ago... sure enough just several days afterwords, the passenger side step would partially deploy and retract. My wife's legally blind so she nearly fell out of the truck. We went to the dealer, and sure enough they couldn't get it to happen.... a day later (New Year's Eve) and here were are with no way for my wife to get into the truck, unless she sits behind me on the driver's side. Very frustrating, given the reason we bought a Laramie was to get the power running boards... I'm contacting RAM Corp. about this.
same problem.. going in for the 3rd time. started happening the day I took it off the lot, stinks

LloydsRam1500

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. I wonder if there is a sensitivity adjustment. If I assist the power side rail by gently pushing it usually will close or open entirely. I verified no damage, alignment, or foreign body obstruction.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. I wonder if there is a sensitivity adjustment. If I assist the power side rail by gently pushing it usually will close or open entirely. I verified no damage, alignment, or foreign body obstruction.
Quite a few complaints from very new members, and none of them reported back with what happened. Please follow up with us on whatever happens.

Sengdemund

Reaction score
Quite a few complaints from very new members, and none of them reported back with what happened. Please follow up with us on whatever happens.
I was one of the new members with an issue. My dealer said they were ordering a new board about three months ago and I haven’t heard from them since lol. Admittedly, I haven’t followed up either. The problem has seemed to resolve itself, hopefully permanently.

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
Not sure if it applies for 2500s, but there’s a TSB for the power running boards.
0c42867bfe2f8d0f41f38439eb8a7d5e.jpg

The6lugplug

Reaction score
I know this is a really old one but having issues with my 1500 limited passenger side step locking up both on extending and retraction. Truck has less than 15,000 miles on it, acts like it's binding up or just doesn't have the strength needed so the system just rejects it in the opposite direction. Anyone have any luck at the dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread