5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Fbird

Reaction score
That's refered to as a FULL SQUAT.....lol I like mine with a BABY SQUAT (indicating I have supplies in the back of my truck to work on something)

Hamco8520

Reaction score
The only other thing I did on the truck was get ceramic tint all around(even windshield) and put a bed cover on it. I do need to find some tow mirrors which would also allow my power folding and blind spot monitoring to work. I've heard of some but I believe they lack the defrost(or heater) option. I'm still looking into it though.

Last edited:

timetotow

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 Laramie sport. Coming from a classic ram with air suspension. I was disappointed in rear squat when towing. used Firestone rear air bag to replace shocks and coils. Leveled it with Blistien struts. improved ride when empty. Aired up with 450 tounge weight plus 200 cargo and it only squats half inch and tows great.
and tows great

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 84

Fbird

Reaction score
21 Ram.jpg

21 Ram with ORP
added 2.5" front and rear spacers, RC UCA's Vision 20x10 415 BOMB wheels 4.5" bs -25mm OFFSET with 35x12.5 BFG's
The fender extensions are Lund SX131T (about 1 1/2")

Last edited:

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I have a Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Lifted N3 Struts and Premium N3 Shocks and LT275/65R-20 PIRELLI SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS E that weight 58lbs each. So my honest question is that the gas mileage is gone to total crap at 10mpg city and 13&14mpg 70+mph interstate. So I'm thinking of either lowering it down to a 2" with the bilsteins 5100 or getting smaller lighter tires (none E rated tires) 275/60R-20. What are your guys opinions on which would achieve what I'm looking for for some saved mpg. AND YES I KNOW ITS A TRUCK BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
View attachment 169442

21 Ram with ORP
added 2.5" front and rear spacers, RC UCA's Vision 20x10 415 BOMB wheels 4.5" bs -25mm OFFSET with 35x12.5 BFG's
The fender extensions are Lund SX131T (about 1 1/2")
genuine question.... why do people insist on putting fenders like that? like is there a benefit to it or? i cant imagine its JUST for looks for everyone, and i know it doesnt matter b.c its my opinion, but they just look absolutely terrible if it didnt come stock.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
genuine question.... why do people insist on putting fenders like that? like is there a benefit to it or? i cant imagine its JUST for looks for everyone, and i know it doesnt matter b.c its my opinion, but they just look absolutely terrible if it didnt come stock.
Rocks can fly up from your tires and damage your paint on the side of your truck, so fender flares will prevent that.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also, In some states it’s illegal to have your tires sticking out. So if you’re running wheel spacers, or wider tires, it’s required.

mplaramie

Reaction score
So I have a Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Lifted N3 Struts and Premium N3 Shocks and LT275/65R-20 PIRELLI SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS E that weight 58lbs each. So my honest question is that the gas mileage is gone to total crap at 10mpg city and 13&14mpg 70+mph interstate. So I'm thinking of either lowering it down to a 2" with the bilsteins 5100 or getting smaller lighter tires (none E rated tires) 275/60R-20. What are your guys opinions on which would achieve what I'm looking for for some saved mpg. AND YES I KNOW ITS A TRUCK BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.
If it helps, I've got an Icon Stage 2 kit (2.5" to 3" lift), 22" wheels and 285/50/22 Toyo AT3 load E tires on my 23 1500. Consistently avg 15.5 mpg city. Also added some weight with Core 4x4 stuff in the rear.

Fbird

Reaction score
lol.....duh they are STOCK on some trim levels. Also note tryuing to cover the tires to prevent SLING mess eating up the sides of the truck. Mine are like 1.1/4" while the factory flares are 1".

Every wheel tire combo seems different. My wheels are 24mm NEGATIVE offset....well if they were 0 offset all would have been fine. If i changed to Cooper tires it would probably be LESS noticed as they do NOT have a HARD edge on the tire like the BFG's

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have flares on mine. Not because I want them. Because they are part of the appearance package. I can assure you that they do not prevent rocks,mud, and slop from pounding the side of the truck.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not much mudding. Only if it's on the trail. A lot of water crossings. My paint is trashed from rock damage. Fenders might work but flares are worthless.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have flares on mine. Not because I want them. Because they are part of the appearance package. I can assure you that they do not prevent rocks,mud, and slop from pounding the side of the truck.
people talking about rocks flipping maybe flipping up and I can't even make it down the highway proper without taking a chip or two or ten to the windshield :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread