5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1a11d2931bc96b7e52663a9b37758005.jpg

My 2021 ram with the rough country 3.5” lift. Vision wheels 20x9 with a zero offset. 35x1250x20 Mickey Thompson Baja boss a/t tires. This is the mopar21 package. I removed the sticker from the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! I compared this photo to your introduction post and I think you made the right choice removing the stickers down the side. It looked great either way, but this does give it a clean look. That would have been a very tough choice for me to make if it were my truck haha. Nicely done!

Faunce76

Reaction score
Just ordered the baja boss AT's yesterday. How do you like them so far?

So far so good. I have about 2500 miles on them. Not very noisy at all. Good in the rain. Curious to see how they’ll be in the snow. I ran the Duratracs for the last handful of years on my trucks but the 35’s have been on back order since last year.

Faunce76

Reaction score
Very nice! I compared this photo to your introduction post and I think you made the right choice removing the stickers down the side. It looked great either way, but this does give it a clean look. That would have been a very tough choice for me to make if it were my truck haha. Nicely done!

Thanks a lot!! I went back and forth for a few weeks but finally pulled the trigger. Nice and clean. That’s how I like them

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Great thread! Very helpful for research. I just picked up a 2022 Big Horn Crew Cab and am looking at lift kits. My 2013 Quad I did the BDS 4" lift and always wished I did the 6"

As I'm looking at these setups, do most people go with a 37" tire on the 6" lift or would a 35" be ok too?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for rebel owners and their lifts.

If I wanted to get the 3.5 in lift (rough country, bds, and some others out there) , with the uca replaced, since rebels come with the bilstein shocks, how much of a lift do you actually get?

Some of the install manuals I'm reading is that when you get the uca, you get 2 spacers, but only install the spacer on top of the shock. I'm curious to know how much lift it actually gives you.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m on the fence about 2” or 2.5” motofab too hat spacers. My measurements are about 2” different between front and back. This would seem the 2” pucks would suffice. Should I expect any settling, etc that would justify the 2.5” spacers? also don’t want to add more strain on uca angle than I have to. Thanks

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m on the fence about 2” or 2.5” motofab too hat spacers. My measurements are about 2” different between front and back. This would seem the 2” pucks would suffice. Should I expect any settling, etc that would justify the 2.5” spacers? also don’t want to add more strain on uca angle than I have to. Thanks
I did 2", I am really happy with them. I think that the motofab turned out perfectly

Attachments

• 20211108_153442.jpg
    20211108_153442.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 283

ljhaynes

Reaction score
(see attachment)

Saw this on Instagram, 2019 Laramie with a 2 inch leveling kit, Fuel Lethal wheels and 35 inch Toyo Open Country M/T's
I’ve been told you could only fit 33’s with a 2inch level. Did they have to cut to prevent rub?

jljbtm

Reaction score
We offer a 3" air-ride lift kit that still allows the air suspension to raise and lower, we've done this kit to many truck, including a Rebel on my front deck right now.
which kit offers u no trouble?
I'm all for no troubles!

Choate

Reaction score
2” here as well. On for probably 500 miles or so. It’s almost dead level. Maybe 1/8” lower in the front but with a 2.5” it would definitely be higher in the front. You might consider a 2.5” front and 1” rear. My truck has a non ORP suspension

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2” here as well. On for probably 500 miles or so. It’s almost dead level. Maybe 1/8” lower in the front but with a 2.5” it would definitely be higher in the front. You might consider a 2.5” front and 1” rear. My truck has a non ORP suspension
When I took delivery of my truck, it already had the ReadyLift 2" leveling kit installed so I didn't get a chance to do a before and after measurement. On the day I took delivery, my truck was 1/2" higher in the rear. I just re-measured it and it's now 1" higher in the rear. I suppose the springs settled a little bit. My truck still looks pretty level, but that's something to consider. Maybe re-measure your truck to see if it's still at 1/8".

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Soooo, I just was investigating a strange clunking noise on the drivers side front after about a month in on new bigger tires and 2" readylift level and came across this. 20211217_050713.jpg
Grease coming out of the ball joint boot already. I had this problem with the first set that I bought and I thought I overfilled it with grease but was still under the recommended 8 to 10 pumps of grease. So I sent them back to Amazon and got a replacement. The new ones I only added 5 pumps just enough for it to expand, per the rep that I talked to for readylift. It was good then but not now. Not sure if the problem is they are Amazon product and somehow not the same spec as from readylift or something else is going on. Also wasn't impressed with no option to cap the top of the ball joint grease zero area now water and junk is pooling in the cup area. I think these are going back and I'm going to switch it up to the Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Lifted N3 Struts and Premium N3 Shocks. I was already thinking of these and I guess I don't really a choice now.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
1a11d2931bc96b7e52663a9b37758005.jpg

My 2021 ram with the rough country 3.5” lift. Vision wheels 20x9 with a zero offset. 35x1250x20 Mickey Thompson Baja boss a/t tires. This is the mopar21 package. I removed the sticker from the side.

Still happy with the Rough Country set up? How many miles have you put in it so far? I'm about to pull the gun on this setup going from the 2" readylift setup.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Soooo, I just was investigating a strange clunking noise on the drivers side front after about a month in on new bigger tires and 2" readylift level and came across this. View attachment 114046
Grease coming out of the ball joint boot already. I had this problem with the first set that I bought and I thought I overfilled it with grease but was still under the recommended 8 to 10 pumps of grease. So I sent them back to Amazon and got a replacement. The new ones I only added 5 pumps just enough for it to expand, per the rep that I talked to for readylift. It was good then but not now. Not sure if the problem is they are Amazon product and somehow not the same spec as from readylift or something else is going on. Also wasn't impressed with no option to cap the top of the ball joint grease zero area now water and junk is pooling in the cup area. I think these are going back and I'm going to switch it up to the Rough Country 3.50-Inch Bolt-On Suspension Lift Kit with Lifted N3 Struts and Premium N3 Shocks. I was already thinking of these and I guess I don't really a choice now.
The ball joint angle seems really bad it seems. Yikes

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
The ball joint angle seems really bad it seems. Yikes
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought but it's what the instructions said, so IDK. I watched a video on YouTube with a guy that did the same ucas but a different Spacer and he had his ball joint fully pumped with grease so it almost looked like a Ballon. Not sure what I might have done wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread