5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just add off road package which no Ram should be without...
1f609.png

DSOOBY

Reaction score
work22 said:
Another instagram find. I don’t know where all these sport packages are coming from cause there are next to none anywhere near FL.
Man, I can't wait to get a level and some new shoes for my truck. Seeing these is giving me a case of the tight pants! I emailed Bilstein this morning to see if they had any word on a confirmed fitment for the 2019's.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
Man, I can't wait to get a level and some new shoes for my truck. Seeing these is giving me a case of the tight pants! I emailed Bilstein this morning to see if they had any word on a confirmed fitment for the 2019's.
Let us know what they say!
1f44d.png

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Let us know what they say!
1f44d.png
Here's the reply I got

"Hello Derek,

We have not spec’d out the 5100 for the ’19 Ram yet. You may want to check our online catalog closer towards the end of the year. As soon as the shocks are available they will show on the catalog.

https://cart.bilsteinus.com/

Thanks for your inquiry."

Pretty standard but more or less what I was expecting. I guess I'll just have to keep checking in every so often. I'll keep y'all posted in the future.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)

Attachments

• 20180509_223902.jpg
    20180509_223902.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 2,035
  • 20180509_223927.jpg
    20180509_223927.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 2,255
  • 20180509_223842.jpg
    20180509_223842.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 2,234

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned every generation of Dodge and Ram trucks from 1977 on and this 5th Generation just keep looking better everytime I see them.

That looks about the perfect size of lift and tires.

Can't wait to see more and more of these on the road.

ichime

Reaction score
The combos I've seen so far look great on these trucks. The wheel/larger tire combo with lift bring out some of the good qualities of the design.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
This looks awesome and I am new to the truck scene. So I can use some advice or help.

#1 - You get a lift kit like this in addition to the Off-Road package?
#2 - Can you do this with the Air Suspension?
#3 - Any effect to ride quality?
#4 - Larger tires have to be a lot more expensive correct and worse MPG?
#5 - How much does something like this run with installation?
#6 - Does it void the warranty?

Thank you in advance.

adamj2121

Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
This looks awesome and I am new to the truck scene. So I can use some advice or help.

#1 - You get a lift kit like this in addition to the Off-Road package?
#2 - Can you do this with the Air Suspension?
#3 - Any effect to ride quality?
#4 - Larger tires have to be a lot more expensive correct and worse MPG?
#5 - How much does something like this run with installation?
#6 - Does it void the warranty?

Thank you in advance.
1. The lift kit should work in addition to the offroad package. If it is anything like the 2019 JL Wranglers then it is possible the offroad package trucks will gain a true 2" lift and other trucks will see closer to 3" of lift. This the case with the Rubicon vs Sport JL Wranglers
2. No, the Mopar suspension lift will not work with air suspension. Any coil spring lift won't work with air suspension. BDS makes a kit for the air suspension trucks on the 4th gen and expect them to start making one for the new 5th gens after a while.
3. The lift kit won't effect ride quality, but upgrading to 35" tires can effect ride quality. If the 35" tires are LT tires (most are) then the rubber is going to be stiffer and create a harsher ride. Also the more aggressive the tread pattern is the more noise and vibration you are going to feel. All-Terrain tires, like the BFG KO2s, do a good job of providing aggressive looks without ruining the ride. Hybrid Tires like the Nitto Ridge Grapplers will give a more aggressive look but slightly worse ride quality than All-Terrains. Finally, a true Mud Terrain will provide the most aggressive look but will provide the worst performance and ride quality.
4. Yes, larger tires are more expensive to replace. Also, people tend to go wider when going taller. This increases drag and weight even more, which further reduces the fuel economy. I currently have a 16 silverado w/6" lift and 35" tires that is a lemon and I am hoping to get out of it soon and into a new Ram. Stock the truck would get up to 21mpg if I babied it. Since the lift and tires I have never seen more than 16.7 mpg.
4.5 - Taller tires will change your speedometer and odometer readings, the truck will calculate that you are driving faster and further than you would with the stock tires. This can be corrected by tuning, or the dealerships should start providing calibrations once the Mopar parts are readily available.
5. I think the molar lift retails for around $1,400. I usually allow $600 for installation, but that should be on the high side of installation costs. Depending on what tires and wheels you want to go with its best to allow for $300 per wheel (again this is a high number) and $450 per wheel (high number as well). So all in I would budget $5,000 for doing something like this and it should cost you less than that. If you go with a non-Mopar lift your cost will be greatly reduced.
6. The Mopar lift and 35" tires keep the factory warranty in good standing. There are a number of aftermarket lift kit companies (BDS, ReadyLift, Fabtech, and McGaughy's being my favorites) that offer supplemental warranties. They will help provide legal support if the dealership denies claims because of the lift and also warranty the components of their lifts. These companies know more about lifted trucks and if it were more I would choose on of their products opposed to the Mopar kit.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
adamj2121 said:
1. The lift kit should work in addition to the offroad package. If it is anything like the 2019 JL Wranglers then it is possible the offroad package trucks will gain a true 2" lift and other trucks will see closer to 3" of lift. This the case with the Rubicon vs Sport JL Wranglers
2. No, the Mopar suspension lift will not work with air suspension. Any coil spring lift won't work with air suspension. BDS makes a kit for the air suspension trucks on the 4th gen and expect them to start making one for the new 5th gens after a while.
3. The lift kit won't effect ride quality, but upgrading to 35" tires can effect ride quality. If the 35" tires are LT tires (most are) then the rubber is going to be stiffer and create a harsher ride. Also the more aggressive the tread pattern is the more noise and vibration you are going to feel. All-Terrain tires, like the BFG KO2s, do a good job of providing aggressive looks without ruining the ride. Hybrid Tires like the Nitto Ridge Grapplers will give a more aggressive look but slightly worse ride quality than All-Terrains. Finally, a true Mud Terrain will provide the most aggressive look but will provide the worst performance and ride quality.
4. Yes, larger tires are more expensive to replace. Also, people tend to go wider when going taller. This increases drag and weight even more, which further reduces the fuel economy. I currently have a 16 silverado w/6" lift and 35" tires that is a lemon and I am hoping to get out of it soon and into a new Ram. Stock the truck would get up to 21mpg if I babied it. Since the lift and tires I have never seen more than 16.7 mpg.
4.5 - Taller tires will change your speedometer and odometer readings, the truck will calculate that you are driving faster and further than you would with the stock tires. This can be corrected by tuning, or the dealerships should start providing calibrations once the Mopar parts are readily available.
5. I think the molar lift retails for around $1,400. I usually allow $600 for installation, but that should be on the high side of installation costs. Depending on what tires and wheels you want to go with its best to allow for $300 per wheel (again this is a high number) and $450 per wheel (high number as well). So all in I would budget $5,000 for doing something like this and it should cost you less than that. If you go with a non-Mopar lift your cost will be greatly reduced.
6. The Mopar lift and 35" tires keep the factory warranty in good standing. There are a number of aftermarket lift kit companies (BDS, ReadyLift, Fabtech, and McGaughy's being my favorites) that offer supplemental warranties. They will help provide legal support if the dealership denies claims because of the lift and also warranty the components of their lifts. These companies know more about lifted trucks and if it were more I would choose on of their products opposed to the Mopar kit.
Thank you so much. So got it but want to be clear on one item. If I do the Off-Road Package then I cant get the Air suspension correct?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
Thank you so much. So got it but want to be clear on one item. If I do the Off-Road Package then I cant get the Air suspension correct?
You can, it's available with the off road package but you would have less options to lift the truck down the road compared to the regular suspension.

BZ23

Reaction score
After doing much research I have decided to get a 33x12.5 nitto Terra grappler and a fuel vapor wheel added. I don't plan to do a lift if I can avoid it. Although Id love to and love the look it's not something I can do. Can anyone offer me feedback on whether it would rub at all? Also, nitto recommends this tire for my almost 100% highway usage. I want a slightly aggressive look but not too much of a ride or mpg sacrifice. TIA

DSOOBY

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
After doing much research I have decided to get a 33x12.5 nitto Terra grappler and a fuel vapor wheel added. I don't plan to do a lift if I can avoid it. Although Id love to and love the look it's not something I can do. Can anyone offer me feedback on whether it would rub at all? Also, nitto recommends this tire for my almost 100% highway usage. I want a slightly aggressive look but not too much of a ride or mpg sacrifice. TIA
You could get away with it on a DS if the wheel had a slight offset to it ( you would otherwise rub your upper controll arm at full lock), can't speak with 100% confidence for DT though. you would maybe need to do a very small level at most to make it work.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Here's a few examples of lifts and levels that I have seen

Mopar 2" level, 33X12.5 on what looks to be a 20X10 XD wheel with atleast a -12 to -24 offset.
(this is my favorite of the bunch since this is more or less what I'm going to do to mine, just with a different style)
(see attachment)

Readylift 2 Inch level with just under 35/12.5 on a 20X10 wheel with an unknown offset (the offset itsn't very agressive though, I wonder if this was just a styling choice or if it was because of a fitment issue that otherwise would have required trimming.
(see attachment)

Rough Country 2 Inch Level on 35x12.5 20X10 Fuel Lethals -24 offset. Looks great, Very agressive, but I bet some trimming had to be done to make it fit.
30127123_10155137836681780_2300885719305945088_o.jpg

Ready lift 3.5" SST lift with 35X12.5 on 20X10 XD Grenades. I'm again curious about the offset since it doesnt appear to be super aggressive
(see attachment)

I'll post more as I see them.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,736
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,707
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,543

BZ23

Reaction score
Dsooby, thanks so much. That first black photo is almost exactly what mine will be. Although I wont be doing the lift. and I wont have it as wide. Unfortunately i need a slightly aggressive look rather than the wider aggressive look. I appreciate you sending those.
If I have to level it a bit, I can probably do that, but a lift will be off limits, unfortunately

I am embarrassed to ask, but what does DS stand for? The guy at the tire shop recommended the 33x12.5 and a 20x9.5 rim. Says i wont rub. I hope he is right.

.I am doing this wheel combo.
(see attachment)

Attachments

151.4 KB · Views: 692

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
DS is the 4th Generation trucks and DT is the 5th Generation trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread