5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RamBox fit and finish

Justbry

Reaction score
I picked up my Rebel on Saturday and was curious if anyone else's RamBox fit was out of the ordinary, it would seem like a brand new truck would have a better fit than this?

IMG_3766.jpg IMG_3767.jpg

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hard to tell for sure without a few more pics from different angles. It’s possible they aren’t sitting on their clips correctly. Post a few more pics. There will be gaps obviously so they can open/close but the lines should match up and be clean. The dealer can remove and realign them pretty easily if necessary. Separately....

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

greatone99

Reaction score
the ram box lids warp from heat ,put a dumbbell over night on the black plastic near the area it sits high ,it fixed mine ,mine was like yours on my drivers side ram box

Justbry

Reaction score
the ram box lids warp from heat ,put a dumbbell over night on the black plastic near the area it sits high ,it fixed mine ,mine was like yours on my drivers side ram box
I’ll give that a try if the dealer is unable to align them, I have an appointment tomorrow to put on the running boards and tonneau cover, I made mention of this and they said they would adjust them.

edgarrian

Reaction score
It seems like this is problematic with most ram boxes. Most guys are not really all that happy with the fit. If I was ram id stop production and let it die

Jims380da

Reaction score
First time RAM owner and looking to order a truck this week. would you guys recommend the ram box option or skip it? Thanks

GOATinstructor

Reaction score
I wish I had got it. That and the black and new saddle interior.

Otherwise I love my truck. I went from a 2004 Tacoma double cab to a highly optioned limited, what's not to love?

Ramron

Reaction score
First time RAM owner and looking to order a truck this week. would you guys recommend the ram box option or skip it? Thanks
I had a 2015 and decided not to go with rambox. My father in law than got a truck with then. I thought they were great. I ordered then on my 2019. I love them. Turned my truck into a “swiss army truck” I can carry everything I will always need in it, and keep it organized. Just my thought.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
My fit is a little off on one side. It's not off enough that I want to deal with taking it to the dealer and have considered attempting to tweak it myself. It's not all that complicated. But, it's also not off enough that it bothers me that much.

That said, I couldn't imagine not having them now that I do. I use them ALL the time. Just went on a trip from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale and back and had them stuffed with all the things I didn't want to get wet in the bed. They were super handy. I keep jumper cables and fire extinguishers and all sorts of stuff in them that I'd otherwise have cluttering up the cabin or not keeping with me at all.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no idea it was be plastic ?
I figured the lids would be metal .. if mine is ever ordered, I'll look into maybe adding some 1-2" bracers to help keep shape.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My local dealer said it is supposed to be avail starting "now" .. he is confirming.

[EDIT] My local dealer confirmed : tailgate not avail for order for him (yet). they (online order) is only doing it in small batches. So if you are able to get in, get it .. I just asked him to add it and he can't ..

Last edited:

graphguy

Reaction score
Given the price of the truck overall, and the fact that the option is less then a grand and gets me a host of additional storage options, including usage as a cooler ;), plus the outside plug....well worth it in my opinion, yours may vary. :)
I hear ya, just seems like $999.99 and it is a grand, is a hefty price for a cooler and you know it will have sealing issue before long. Nothing negative about RAM, just the nature of Nature! :)
With that said as I entertain a new RAM I am considering it, so thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread