5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

Mohab

Reaction score
So after much more effort than I thought it would require, I finally got my dealer to update my amplifier. Ended up having to contact RAM directly and let me tell you, they were an incredible help. Night and day difference in volume and clarity at higher volume levels, had to turn the sub down a little because its pretty overpowering, now my truck is perfect.
The dealer refused to do the enhancement even though I printed out the update details from FCA website, what is the Ram direct phone number I can contact hopefully they can help

Jordan2929

Reaction score
The dealer refused to do the enhancement even though I printed out the update details from FCA website, what is the Ram direct phone number I can contact hopefully they can help
I went on the support website and started a chat with a representative and they were extremely helpful. They said they would contact my dealer and the representative got back to me within 2 days and said they spoke to my dealer, all I had to do was tell my dealer when I could drop off my truck. Very helpful, unlike my service advisor.

Mohab

Reaction score
I feel sorry for people dealing with crap dealers. Why would they not do a TSB update? Unbelievable.
He said they check the system first to see if there is a problem and they think my sound system sounds "Good" so no need to apply the bulletin, I gave him what he deserves review on Google and looking for other platform to spread the review

Mohab

Reaction score
I went on the support website and started a chat with a representative and they were extremely helpful. They said they would contact my dealer and the representative got back to me within 2 days and said they spoke to my dealer, all I had to do was tell my dealer when I could drop off my truck. Very helpful, unlike my service advisor.
What is that website?

UKBrad

Reaction score
Anyone have the TSB for this? I too am underwhelmed at the loudness of the stereo. It sounds “OK” but at 38 I would think it should be much louder. I’ve never went to MAX on any stereo I’ve ever owned.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
What is that website?
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/knowledge
Just click the chat button to the left of the page. Dont give up with this TSB, I had my serivce advisor say mine "sounds amazing" but I knew something was wrong. I kept hassling them and they finally did it. Use that website and start a good dialog with a representative, be very thorough when explaining what is happening and tell them you know about the update and want it applied to your truck. Hopefully they are as heplful to you as they were for me.

Last edited:

Mohab

Reaction score
I was in chatting with Ram just now and they refused to help too, she said it is up to the dealer to perform the Service bulletin or not !! should I fly to Michigan and talk to them !!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I was in chatting with Ram just now and they refused to help too, she said it is up to the dealer to perform the Service bulletin or not !! should I fly to Michigan and talk to them !!
That's concerning to me, I guess the next step is to keep harassing your dealer. I'd start by contacting your salesman and tell them about the issue and how displeased you are with this situation, and all you are requesting is a simple update done to your amp. He is more inclined to help you because he makes his money from selling cars and unhappy customers aren't going to bring any new business. Ask them why RAM would put out an update for vehicles within a certain time frame (which yours falls within) if there isnt a problem with the amplifier.

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This isn't something that the dealer is to VERIFY. The dealer is to write this up as warranty CC (Customer Concern). If you say the system isn't loud enough then they are to apply the update. Simple as that.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
This isn't something that the dealer is to VERIFY. The dealer is to write this up as warranty CC (Customer Concern). If you say the system isn't loud enough then they are to apply the update. Simple as that.
Correct, this particular TSB says "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure." This update isn't dependent on the dealers "opinion", this is your truck and you want it fixed.

Paco TX

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I've been listening hard for rattles based on other's issues but I just don't have one. The HK system hits hard (with the right source/song) and not a peep from anything that shouldn't be peeping.
Now this might sound stupid to the younger guys, but sometimes (often) I don't need a chest pumping or glass rattling sub. However, even if I EQ the low freq all the way to -9, the sub still pounds. I think the Alpine in my last gen Ram was better in this respect. Any thoughts?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We should look at buying a micropod II as a group and sharing it. They are expensive but at least you can do all the updates yourself. I had one that was a clone and it worked great until it didn't.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
Now this might sound stupid to the younger guys, but sometimes (often) I don't need a chest pumping or glass rattling sub. However, even if I EQ the low freq all the way to -9, the sub still pounds. I think the Alpine in my last gen Ram was better in this respect. Any thoughts?
I agree with the alpine being better

tarnished2929

Reaction score
I had the amplifier update done today and the difference is amazing. This is how I thought it would sound from the start. It is unreal they can add that much power with an update. Sounds like the entire system was replaced!
I just had the amplifier enhancement update done today on my truck and omg is it loud. I am really impressed with the sound difference.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
So today I went test driving 3 different limited’s with different features. Trying to figure out what I wanted to order.

In regards to sound I heard the base 10 speaker Alpine system —- good but a little “boomy” on the base.

An old build 19 speaker HK system-sounded like crap at zeroed out levels for bass, mid and treble.

And a brand new arrived today and hadn’t even been PDI’d w/ 19 speaker HK. All I can say is WOW!. Decision made on the spot to go with HK system. They have solved the sound issues. I encourage anyone that is on the fence to go listen to recent delivery truck. Incredibly deep tight bass and crystal clear sound. My wife’s exact comments were “Best we’ve heard”.

I hope this helps someone.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used an analyzer to test the response of my HK (with TSB applied) and the EQ setting that yields the closest to a nuetral transparent sound is:

Bass -8
Mids -2
Highs +1 or +2

This reproduces the sound "AS RECORDED", as accurately as the system is capable. That may not be someone's preference but it's a good starting point.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used an analyzer to test the response of my HK (with TSB applied) and the EQ setting that yields the closest to a nuetral transparent sound is:

Bass -8
Mids -2
Highs +1 or +2

This reproduces the sound "AS RECORDED", as accurately as the system is capable. That may not be someone's preference but it's a good starting point.
I remember someone (I thought it was you) posting levels of -6, -2, and 0 as 'most accurate' previously. Regardless, I don't disagree with your assessment. I've been running -6, -2, +1...but I do like a bit of a bass hit. Try running it at 0, 0, 0 after the TSB :)

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember someone (I thought it was you) posting levels of -6, -2, and 0 as 'most accurate' previously. Regardless, I don't disagree with your assessment. I've been running -6, -2, +1...but I do like a bit of a bass hit. Try running it at 0, 0, 0 after the TSB :)
That was me. Yeah....0,0,0 has a lot of bass. Sounds good on certain songs. My truck had the new amp firmware from the factory. It was built in early September. The EQ settings are just a starting point. I got different analyzer readings based on where the mic was located. It's all subjective and a matter of taste! I've added or cut some bass at times and a little more highs as I continue to enjoy the HK system. It doesn't disappoint...although it's not quite "reference" quality. The cabin of a vehicle is not the ideal listening space so it's all a compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread