5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

tarnished2929

Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 ram with the 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo but I am disappointed. I took my truck and had the back wall dynomated because of all the rattles. Now I think my subwoofer is rattling. Anybody else finding the same issues??

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine doesn’t rattle at all. It actually makes my daughters carseat rattle, but that is a different issue. Lol. However, the sound of the HK is great, it is not loud af all. Seems to be limiting power in these setups.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 ram with the 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo but I am disappointed. I took my truck and had the back wall dynomated because of all the rattles. Now I think my subwoofer is rattling. Anybody else finding the same issues??
Me

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No doubt, my sub nor the window has rattled one time, HK system jamming in my truck

Mine too. Had some Deadmau5 on yesterday and couldn't believe how much bass that was pumping out and not a rattle to be heard anywhere!

Cptcrewk

Reaction score
I got rattles too playing off Android Auto. My front doors also seem way more solid then the back doors, mainly when closing them I can tell a difference. Did the dynamat not help that much? I was planning on doing that myself as well to help with the rattling from the back end.

Phiefer

Reaction score
To me, the HK sounds great and I have no rattles. However, it does not get loud enough!!
I just picked up my new Limited on Friday and took a 200+ mile trip with wife listening to Sirius XM at a vol level of 7. Tried higher volumes up to 10, but too loud for my comfort.
I had similar volume levels for CD and FM. I had no bass rattle. I'm very happy with the HK audio.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I just picked up my new Limited on Friday and took a 200+ mile trip with wife listening to Sirius XM at a vol level of 7. Tried higher volumes up to 10, but too loud for my comfort.
I had similar volume levels for CD and FM. I had no bass rattle. I'm very happy with the HK audio.
Volume 7? I hear no sound at all at 7. It’s like a whisper and I’m not deaf. I’m starting to think my amp has a problem or the receiver

Phiefer

Reaction score
Volume 7? I hear no sound at all at 7. It’s like a whisper and I’m not deaf. I’m starting to think my amp has a problem or the receiver
That's my point. I agree. Amp could be defective or folding back power for some reason, such as a shorted speaker line or speaker.
Something is broke.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I'm the guy that typically listens at a vol level of 7 or 8. Best audio system I have had in a car. Friends of mine have also commented on the great sound.
Based on the comments i hear, if you have bad frequency response or volume, your system is defective.
If it was mine, I would take it back to service department and have them fix it.
If they did not get it fixed with a software flash, I'd request they start replacing the main amp. If still no fix, I'd have them ohm out speaker lines and next replace the receiver.
The HK works great when it is working correct.

Users who are viewing this thread