5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread..copying it here.

Just got the truck back from the dealer and i had them look at the HK. They performed an amplifier enhancement update... significant increase in volume for me.

Attachments

• 20181003_163905.jpg
    20181003_163905.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 235

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just got the truck back from the dealer and i had them look at the HK. They performed an amplifier enhancement update... significant increase in volume for me.
I expect this thread to light up like the 4th of July with that post... Amplifier Enhancement Update, almost sounds made up and too good to be true.

You heard it hear first folks, a fix for your quiet HK systems! Holy smokes!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Scheduling an appointment tomorrow morning, gotta see if this black magic update works myself. If it does this sound system was indeed $4,400 well spent.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Not worried over loudness, but more in bass correction. The sub is just really sloppy and I still think to much bass is going to the doors.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not worried over loudness, but more in bass correction. The sub is just really sloppy and I still think to much bass is going to the doors.

I'm similar but I would describe the bass issue as not enough going to the doors. It's like if I disconnected the sub I'd have no bass. There is no mid-bass present in mine like should be coming from the doors, just highs and mids and then the sub.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I got rattles too playing off Android Auto. My front doors also seem way more solid then the back doors, mainly when closing them I can tell a difference. Did the dynamat not help that much? I was planning on doing that myself as well to help with the rattling from the back end.
Do a subwoofer frequency test (play it from YouTube) mine rattles a lot between 50 and 70 from the back window or upper level of the back seats

tarnished2929

Reaction score
Did you guys see my post of where the rattle was? I was going to dynomat the whole back but found the source in the back glass
I took care of the back glass rattle and had my doors dynomated too. There is still a rattle coming from the sub itself.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
I have a ‘19 Rebel with Alpine, I also have an ‘18 Grand Cherokee with Alpine. Although I have never actually heard the H/K system, I can tell you that turning off the surround mode on either vehicle makes a TREMENDOUS improvement

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I just put a thin piece of foam inbetween the glass and the plastic track it rides in, worked for me.

tarnished2929

Reaction score

What the hell is the amplifier enhancement update. Never heard of an amp needing an update??

Jordan2929

Reaction score
So after much more effort than I thought it would require, I finally got my dealer to update my amplifier. Ended up having to contact RAM directly and let me tell you, they were an incredible help. Night and day difference in volume and clarity at higher volume levels, had to turn the sub down a little because its pretty overpowering, now my truck is perfect.

tarnished2929

Reaction score
So after much more effort than I thought it would require, I finally got my dealer to update my amplifier. Ended up having to contact RAM directly and let me tell you, they were an incredible help. Night and day difference in volume and clarity at higher volume levels, had to turn the sub down a little because its pretty overpowering, now my truck is perfect.
I just talked to my dealer and they admitted there was complaints about the stereo. So they did say there is an amplifier update that came out last month that is supposed to fix the issue.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I just talked to my dealer and they admitted there was complaints about the stereo. So they did say there is an amplifier update that came out last month that is supposed to fix the issue.
I had the amplifier update done today and the difference is amazing. This is how I thought it would sound from the start. It is unreal they can add that much power with an update. Sounds like the entire system was replaced!

franc944

Reaction score
Is there a TSB number or some other way for my dealer to find the amplifier update?

Check out my thread on the 12” JL Audio upgrade I’m doing !

Users who are viewing this thread