5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

SLMinATX

Reaction score
Had the update done a few days ago after some haggling with the dealer to prove I had an issue. What a difference, the system now sounds like I expected it to from the beginning. Equalizer levels are more of what I would consider normal, surround sound actually improves it (I was keeping it turned off before), the bass is now sharper, and the treble is clearer. So glad I pressed to have this done.

hiinkle

Reaction score
Had the update done when I took my truck in for a recall. Told them sound quality/loudness issue and gave them the TSB number. Though I didn’t really mind what the system sounded like before, it is SIGNIFICANTLY louder now. Great improvement.

slivoman

Reaction score
Had the update done a few days ago after some haggling with the dealer to prove I had an issue. What a difference, the system now sounds like I expected it to from the beginning. Equalizer levels are more of what I would consider normal, surround sound actually improves it (I was keeping it turned off before), the bass is now sharper, and the treble is clearer. So glad I pressed to have this done.

You should consider going to a new dealer. Haggling with them to do an update is unacceptable.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I need this asap, after reading all the thumbs up. On xm radio the signal is lower and I put it at 38 volume maxed out. Not loud

67 RT

Reaction score
I had the TSB Amp update done today and concur! Thie sound is much better and this is how I expected this system to sound now that I’ve had the update.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that I may have received an OTA update in the past couple of days. Ever since I picked up my truck I found the bass to be overly dominant and somewhat 'muddy', like it has an excess of mid-range frequencies being delivered to the sub. I'm finding in the past couple of days that the bass seems punchier and cleaner than it has been. A much more enjoyable experience.

Han Ridge

Reaction score
Had the update done today. Big improvement in volume and sound quality.

2020RamDoc

Reaction score
Had my update done today...sounds better, more volume. Still had to reduce bass to -5. Wish I could get rear window to stop rattling :). Love my truck!

wcprice

Reaction score
Those that have had the TSB, could you post what volume level you are using for:

Calm Relaxing Music
Pre-game Pump Up Music
In Car Rock Concert

Obviously I’m just curious as to your different sounds levels depending on what type of music/volume level pairing you find comfortable. I figured this will give some sort of baseline with such a subjective question.

Mine would be 25, 34-38, 38+++

I don’t feel like my system is overly loud at 38. I could listen for hours at 35-38 with no problem.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Continued listening at 38 will result in hearing loss after the TSB. My loud concert volume is around 30-34. Soft listening is around 10-12. Moderate volume with passengers (jamming out, no conversations) is around 22-24

Users who are viewing this thread