5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know why RAM is not addressing this. I showed it to dealer on DAY 1 and really they did nothing.

A_yakas

Reaction score
I got rattles too playing off Android Auto. My front doors also seem way more solid then the back doors, mainly when closing them I can tell a difference. Did the dynamat not help that much? I was planning on doing that myself as well to help with the rattling from the back end.
Did you end up doing Dynamat? If so did it help?

paul durand

Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 ram with the 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo but I am disappointed. I took my truck and had the back wall dynomated because of all the rattles. Now I think my subwoofer is rattling. Anybody else finding the same issues??

paul durand

Reaction score
i have 5th Gen with 12" screen and kardin system one problem had since getting it in Nov while playing radio sirius anything sounds gr6 then suddenenly for no reason goes from 19 speaker surround sound to all speaker on one side for a split second that back to all speakers anyone experience this? trieed telling dealer they say radio is fine. A new quirk that started recently am/fm presets are fine siriusxm presets wont stay they dissappear when u turn trk off again dealer said its a siriusxm problem

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nope .. only rattle I get is from the rear window if I only open it part way. Since I either run with it fully closed or fully open, no rattles for me.

DennisY

Reaction score
Rammy, there have been a few others here reporting what you are experiencing. Not sure of the fix. When was your RAM was manufactured? There is a TSB update for the amplifier that may or may not correct your issue. I was actually running the EQ at about +5 or so until I installed my underseat sub box and new subs/amp.

Last edited:

Blueraptor

Reaction score
My HK system to me sounds like it is all dash speakers and sub. Verry little sound at all from the door speakers. When I put my head close to the rear door speakers they sound really muffled. It sounded good before they did some warranty repairs on my camera that involved replacing the body harness. Now it just sounds like it isn't balanced and not good, way too much sound coming from the dash, it overwhelms everything else. Is any one else experiencing this or do I needed to take it in again. If I use the fader and put it all the way to the front it sounds ok but if I put it all the way to the back it sounds a lot quieter and muffled.

DSmith1178

Reaction score
My HK system to me sounds like it is all dash speakers and sub. Verry little sound at all from the door speakers. When I put my head close to the rear door speakers they sound really muffled. It sounded good before they did some warranty repairs on my camera that involved replacing the body harness. Now it just sounds like it isn't balanced and not good, way too much sound coming from the dash, it overwhelms everything else. Is any one else experiencing this or do I needed to take it in again. If I use the fader and put it all the way to the front it sounds ok but if I put it all the way to the back it sounds a lot quieter and muffled.
Thats same exact complaint with mine I just bought a week ago. Sometimes the highs are ear piercing and the sub sounds like they have too much mid bass going to it and therefore is too boomy. I have no bass in the doors to even it all out. My build date is 2/19 and looks as if I have latest TSB. Some people say its the most amazing oem car stereo they have ever heard. I dont get it

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Much of the boominess or acoustic balance is dependent on the source. SiriusXM is really guilty of mid-bass boominess and overall muddy audio. Pandora via Apple CarPlay sounds much better in my truck. Same for CDs.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run my own media so I know how the settings are for the music type.
Then, when I switch to local radio, or SiriusXM, or HD-FM, you can see how they "add" things to their outgoing source :(

DSmith1178

Reaction score
I contacted JL Audio and they confirmed they have a stealthbox hitting the market for the 19 Crew cabs. Should be late Dec or early January. Thats exciting because Ive had different stealthboxes in the past and theyre awesome. I fee like thats all thats gonna be needed to make the HK awesome. That stock sub is horrible in my opinion and will be disconnected when I upgrade the sub. They didnt offer any clues as to what the box will be ex single/twin/10/12. Anybody with some info on it??

voyagerx

Reaction score
I contacted JL Audio and they confirmed they have a stealthbox hitting the market for the 19 Crew cabs. Should be late Dec or early January. Thats exciting because Ive had different stealthboxes in the past and theyre awesome. I fee like thats all thats gonna be needed to make the HK awesome. That stock sub is horrible in my opinion and will be disconnected when I upgrade the sub. They didnt offer any clues as to what the box will be ex single/twin/10/12. Anybody with some info on it??

I had reached out as well asking for information. Below is the info I got:

The Stealthbox(es) for the 2019+ Ram trucks has been developed and is awaiting production before being released. We'd expect to see these available in dealers before the end of the year but I don't have an exact date.

... because of the different interior options available on the 2019+ Ram trucks our R&D team ended up designing two different enclosures. Both enclosures were designed to go under the rear seats, but vehicles with non-reclining rear seats would be able to fit two 12TW3 subwoofers while the others would get two 10TW3's. I don't have pricing information yet, unfortunately.

Czcon12

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Let me know how you make out.

Talisman

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I feel the same about my truck, but I’ve only had it for a couple of days and may have missed a setting somewhere. I tried surround sound and normal stereo modes and playing with the fade without any great results.

Reverse

Reaction score
i have 5th Gen with 12" screen and kardin system one problem had since getting it in Nov while playing radio sirius anything sounds gr6 then suddenenly for no reason goes from 19 speaker surround sound to all speaker on one side for a split second that back to all speakers anyone experience this? trieed telling dealer they say radio is fine. A new quirk that started recently am/fm presets are fine siriusxm presets wont stay they dissappear when u turn trk off again dealer said its a siriusxm problem

I experienced the same thing. In my truck it actually stayed on one side until I muted/unmuted.

After a while I realized it did it every time I was using Android Auto: when an audible alert (for a text message or an email etc) came in from my phone, it would go to speakers on one side.

Haven't found a fix for it other than mute/unmute.

Talisman

Reaction score
Good post, you just reminded me that I’ve only used carplay to play music so far. I haven’t tried the FM radio or a cd.

Users who are viewing this thread