5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I just did this. Fixed my problem as well. Cheap and easy. Thanks!
same for me! The pain in the *** part is to remove and put back the baby car seat I have! I hate the hook of the tether strap the RAM does have. My 2018 Platinum Titan had a metal hook behind the seat, way cleaner and easier to remove.

jch156

Reaction score
I read a post where someone installed 16 gauge wire (29" length) into the gap between the glass slide track and the main plastic piece that runs across the entire back (this is not in the window track, but a small gap that can be opened between the window track and the main plastic assembly forward of the window track). With differences in wire types, which result in different girths of the wire, etc. I read posts where some people couldn't open the window, or the motor had to work very hard to open. I decided to try something standard...window screen retainer spline (.120 diameter). The window track is about 29" across, and if you look up behind the plastic assembly you'll see where the window track starts and stops on each side. I used a PLASTIC (not metal) 2" putty knife to pry enough space between the plastic assembly and the window track at the driver's side of the window track assembly with the window closed as there is no glass in the track at that end, making the prying easier. I forced the rubber spline into the gap and then worked my way across using the putty knife as necessary to force it into the gap. As you near the sliding window pane it will become more difficult. At that point open the window all the way, and then you only have a couple inches of difficulty...you'll need a little more force with the putty knife, but it should be no problem. Once you clear the sliding glass you're home free and may even be able to push it into the gap with just your fingers. I ran the spline a little further than the end of the window track (about 1/2") so I can pull it out later if I want to...but it is not noticeable at all. The window slides easily and the rattle is gone.

I just put the window spline in mine last night......rattle is gone and I can crank the stereo! My window won't slide though.....how far did you run the spline? I ran it from the driver side across to the end of the slider window.....but not all the way to the passenger side.

m_hud

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 12" UCONNECT radio volume is not working properly. When the radio is on I can't start hearing the volume until its on 10. Any suggestions?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 12" UCONNECT radio volume is not working properly. When the radio is on I can't start hearing the volume until its on 10. Any suggestions?
You have the HK system? You need to go to the dealer for an amp enhancement update.

m_hud

Reaction score
You have the HK system? You need to go to the dealer for an amp enhancement update.
I do have the HK system. I will do that tomorrow.. Is that a cost to me or is that a dealership cost..

ny2az

Reaction score
let us know how the amp enhancement works out ... l have the same issue but, if lm correct ... l notice this start after an automatic update. A message on screen next day confirmed an update was successfully performed and l noticed this started to occur.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
let us know how the amp enhancement works out ... l have the same issue but, if lm correct ... l notice this start after an automatic update. A message on screen next day confirmed an update was successfully performed and l noticed this started to occur.
I did the amp update for the HK. You need to go at the dealer, the update is not through uconnect. But man, the update of the amp is crazy. It’s 150% better with the update

ny2az

Reaction score
I did the amp update for the HK. You need to go at the dealer, the update is not through uconnect. But man, the update of the amp is crazy. It’s 150% better with the update
my HK system is the bomb ... l love everything about it ... loud and sounds great ... lm thinking the issue l have has something to do with the ota update l rec'd ... that's when noticed the radio would not play till l turned up the volume ...

thedream829

Reaction score
l find the HK system to be very satisfactory ... sounds great and have no complaints ... l will be adding the infinity speaker to center dash channel only for a little clearer high notes ... but while lm waiting on the speaker to arrive ... l just pulled the rear sub speaker out of the box today and added some poly fill from a pillow to tighten up the bass notes... much improved just with the fill... it is a completely empty encloser ... l have been doing this with other sub. enclosers in my past vehicles for many years ...
few pics of the sub. enclosure and speaker ... there is a big pocket to the right you cant see which is also stuffed w/ poly ....

Where is the sub located? Is it hard to get to for someone that's car illiterate?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel that doesn’t have reclining back seats. What is a way I can get to the Sub??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Has my 19 Longhorn 1500 for 5 days.. drive it 13 hours back home to Texas from the dealership in Des Moines Iowa.. I listened to it basically from 28-max volume the whole way home.. wife complained the whole time that it isn't loud enough..I was super depressed that I began having buyer remorse.. glad to read this thread.. And PRAYING the local dodge dealership here in town will do this update for me..

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has my 19 Longhorn 1500 for 5 days.. drive it 13 hours back home to Texas from the dealership in Des Moines Iowa.. I listened to it basically from 28-max volume the whole way home.. wife complained the whole time that it isn't loud enough..I was super depressed that I began having buyer remorse.. glad to read this thread.. And PRAYING the local dodge dealership here in town will do this update for me..
Definitely get an update. Neither of my Rams require volume 28. I’m rockin loudly with windows down at 20-21

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi there--

If you end up needing any additional assistance while working with your dealer to get your concerns addressed, please feel free to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread