5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have 5th Gen with 12" screen and kardin system one problem had since getting it in Nov while playing radio sirius anything sounds gr6 then suddenenly for no reason goes from 19 speaker surround sound to all speaker on one side for a split second that back to all speakers anyone experience this? trieed telling dealer they say radio is fine. A new quirk that started recently am/fm presets are fine siriusxm presets wont stay they dissappear when u turn trk off again dealer said its a siriusxm problem
I just came across your post. I have been experiencing the speaker cutout for the past two months. Radio was fine up until this started. It Happens randomly and sometimes doesn’t happen for 40 mins...then out of nowhere it will lose the driver side speakers for a few seconds then they come back and it sounds fine. It will sometimes do it every few minutes then it won’t happen for 30/mins. It happens on AM, FM, and Sirius. I have no idea what could be wrong as my radio has never done this before over the past 16+ months I’ve owned the truck. Did you ever get any answers from the dealer or FCA? I plan to bring mine in for service but I’m sure it won’t happen when they check it out and I’ll get the old could not replicate.
Any help is appreciated.

hemiguy37

Reaction score
I just came across your post. I have been experiencing the speaker cutout for the past two months. Radio was fine up until this started. It Happens randomly and sometimes doesn’t happen for 40 mins...then out of nowhere it will lose the driver side speakers for a few seconds then they come back and it sounds fine. It will sometimes do it every few minutes then it won’t happen for 30/mins. It happens on AM, FM, and Sirius. I have no idea what could be wrong as my radio has never done this before over the past 16+ months I’ve owned the truck. Did you ever get any answers from the dealer or FCA? I plan to bring mine in for service but I’m sure it won’t happen when they check it out and I’ll get the old could not replicate.
Any help is appreciated.

Mine does this, BUT only when I have my phone plugged in, I am using android, and it only seems to happen when I am using the Nav or I get a notification, text etc... It's like it goes to use the speakers and then does not release them, especially when using the Nav.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does this, BUT only when I have my phone plugged in, I am using android, and it only seems to happen when I am using the Nav or I get a notification, text etc... It's like it goes to use the speakers and then does not release them, especially when using the Nav.
Every time it’s happened I’ve been using Nav but only once there was a phone charging using the center console USB. Were you able to get any solutions from the dealer?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time it’s happened I’ve been using Nav but only once there was a phone charging using the center console USB. Were you able to get any solutions from the dealer?
I forgot to add that it is odd that it jus started happening given it’s been fine since I got it.

phild

Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 ram with the 19 speaker harmon kardon stereo but I am disappointed. I took my truck and had the back wall dynomated because of all the rattles. Now I think my subwoofer is rattling. Anybody else finding the same issues??
Yup the sub is just really bad and all you hear is the whole back rattling, the whole system is poor just hype.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I've never experienced any issues with my HK system. Although I only have 2300 miles on the truck so far.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look up the issues with the back window rattling and all the users who made up their own fixes .. The sub isn't rattling itself (at least not for me - it just SOUNDS like it is), someone was in the back seat and put there hand against the rear window and it stopped.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
My old truck had this issue also but only when it was playing music through bluetooth. When it was connected with the AUX it was perfect. Always hated that issue.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
In general I really like my HK stereo and definitely the best stock stereo I have ever owned (that is not saying much as all my previous stock radios were paper cone speakers). That being said, it would be nice if other have suggestions on some simple ways to improve the system without replacing the whole thing. The subwoofer has some thump but definitely not as deep and clean as I would like. Anyone know of a good sub replacement that would be an upgrade to what is there without going full on subwoofer box under the seat? I am thinking more of a simple plug and play replacement for what is already there? Would a better sub require a new amp and not be worth the time? Or would the dynamat on the back wall make all the difference? Any other simple suggestions to improve the overall system (sub or not sub related). The equalizer is limited but I can supplement it with like a spotify app equalizer as a workaround when using spotify, just random thought.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In general I really like my HK stereo and definitely the best stock stereo I have ever owned (that is not saying much as all my previous stock radios were paper cone speakers). That being said, it would be nice if other have suggestions on some simple ways to improve the system without replacing the whole thing. The subwoofer has some thump but definitely not as deep and clean as I would like. Anyone know of a good sub replacement that would be an upgrade to what is there without going full on subwoofer box under the seat? I am thinking more of a simple plug and play replacement for what is already there? Would a better sub require a new amp and not be worth the time? Or would the dynamat on the back wall make all the difference? Any other simple suggestions to improve the overall system (sub or not sub related). The equalizer is limited but I can supplement it with like a spotify app equalizer as a workaround when using spotify, just random thought.

I added a simple 12" AudioBahn I had from a previous vehicle for a "proof of concept" .. definitely adds a lot lower LOW indeed :)

Kidder

Reaction score
Look up the issues with the back window rattling and all the users who made up their own fixes .. The sub isn't rattling itself (at least not for me - it just SOUNDS like it is), someone was in the back seat and put there hand against the rear window and it stopped.
Mine has the same rattle

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I added a simple 12" AudioBahn I had from a previous vehicle for a "proof of concept" .. definitely adds a lot lower LOW indeed :)
Did you simply unplug the existing 10" and plug your 12" AudioBahn?

blackamarss

Reaction score
Same here... Rattles like crazy for any heavy bass music... And I can hear Loud current noise from my rear speakers from time to time.. Not always, but very annoying when it happens. Looks like QC of ram trucks is like sh**

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here... Rattles like crazy for any heavy bass music... And I can hear Loud current noise from my rear speakers from time to time.. Not always, but very annoying when it happens. Looks like QC of ram trucks is like sh**
I did two things to quiet the rattle/vibration with my HK 14 months ago. 1) I unbolted the top two bolts on the sub and added double sided tape to the backside of the mounting holes for vibration dampening. 2) I located a small (maybe 2”x3” module that was mounted near the floor underneath the rear center seat, and double sided taped the back of it as well and re-mounted. These two things handled 99.9% of the vibrations I was getting through the sound system. Any other vibration is controlled with the positioning of my rear slider, as the cable inside the channel will vibrate against the windows metal frame. My HK has been a pleasure to listen to for over a year now.

DennisY

Reaction score
Did you simply unplug the existing 10" and plug your 12" AudioBahn?
You could, but I added the Sub + External Amp and used an AP4-Ch41 that a co-worker had laying around for a test.

I don't see how a 12 inch sub would fit in the space where a 10 inch sub goes in these trucks. There isn't room for a larger nor deeper sub in the stock location behind the rear seat.

Off hand, I would think the only solution, if you just want to swap subs without adding a box or amp, would be a new 10 inch sub that had a much higher SPL rating.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see how a 12 inch sub would fit in the space where a 10 inch sub goes in these trucks. There isn't room for a larger nor deeper sub in the stock location behind the rear seat.

Off hand, I would think the only solution, if you just want to swap subs without adding a box or amp, would be a new 10 inch sub that had a much higher SPL rating.

I didn't put the 12" into the 10" box ..

Users who are viewing this thread