5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound system

Mccanj

Reaction score
Glad I found this group. After reading this I took my 19 longhorn in to have them update the software for the Harmon karden. You guys are right! What a friggin difference! Went from quiet and saddle to being able to feel the bass in your chest. Thanks for posting!

UniHorn

Reaction score
There is a thread that was posted about this.....apparently you can get a software update for your amp that will make it louder. Sounds like a rare problem but it was a problem. Dealers should have a record of the available update

warvet

Reaction score
got mine flashed/updated last week and the difference is freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylem

Reaction score
thank god I thought this stereo sucked... I'm making an appointment ASAP

azzx

Reaction score
Does anybody know what version this update puts the radio at? I bought a Laramie yesterday and I told the dealer to install the update before pickup. I’m disappointed in the sound quality. I could still have a conversation when turned all the way up. I emailed the dealer and he said my trucks built date was new enough that I didn’t need the update. My build date is July 2018, which is clearly before August. A picture of my radio setting is included. Is the update version higher than what I have?

How did you access this screen?
thanks

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you access this screen?
thanks

Hold down your two outer icons at the bottom, whatever they may be. It will flip into dealer mode and you can display all sw versions. NOTE: The radio sw version is not the same as the fw version that the TSB updates. You'd need a Ram service tool to check that version and only a trip to the dealer can get you the TSB fw amp update. The radio sw (technically firmware but I'm trying to show the difference) can be updated over the air and a there is a rumored January update planned.

greatone99

Reaction score
my truck arrived at the dealer from the factory, to the dealer dec15 ,so I assume mine has the update ,its pretty loud at 25 ,but feel it could use a tad, more bass sometimes as my bass setting is at 7-8 ,but also that also depends on the music .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my truck arrived at the dealer from the factory, to the dealer dec15 ,so I assume mine has the update ,its pretty loud at 25 ,but feel it could use a tad, more bass sometimes as my bass setting is at 7-8 ,but also that also depends on the music .
That doesn’t seem right. I’m running my bass at -6!

greatone99

Reaction score
wow yeah that a bit different ,my settings, bass between 5-8 ,mid at minus 1 ,treble at plus 3 ,mostly rock music

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wow yeah that a bit different ,my settings, bass between 5-8 ,mid at minus 1 ,treble at plus 3 ,mostly rock music
If you’ve got the amp update, you’ll probably cruise with the volume between 6-12 most of the time, turning it up to 15+ for a good song. 20+ makes conversation very difficult. Just for reference.

greatone99

Reaction score
If you’ve got the amp update, you’ll probably cruise with the volume between 6-12 most of the time, turning it up to 15+ for a good song. 20+ makes conversation very difficult. Just for reference.
sounds about right ,some music is mastered different as well ,with metalica I need to cut the bass down ,queen I need bump the bass up , but I would say 25 level is a song cranked , 20 loud ,15 getting loud , 8-12 can hear it but still talk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Indeed. If I’ve got a song I want to really jam to it’s 19-20 for me

Kylem

Reaction score
I had mine done today.... I don't think anyone needed any more confirmation but it's awesome finally.

dragon285

Reaction score
Went today and had it done..."WHAT A DIFFERENCE"...Now its a Premium Sound System!!!! Just go into your nearest dealer and as reference use the picture given in this thread as evidence. Tell them that your 19 speaker system sounds to low, and that if they can Flash the radio to tweak the AMP. My guy didn't ask for the bulletin number, he just took my VIN number and looked it up on his system and found it, according to him its 08-123-18 1A. Enjoy!!!

John

Reaction score
I feel sorry for any Ram owners that aren't on this forum dealing with a subpar sound system!!

John

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took a new Limited for a test drive today. 45 minutes alone. It is a great truck. I ordered a fully loaded 2019 Limited after my test drive.I had a couple issues with it....all very minor in nature I guess, BUT......

I found the new Harmon Kardon system to be very soft on the sound level. My 2015 Ram at 25 is SO much louder than the Harmon Kardon at the max 38-39 level. At 7 you cannot even hear the stereo system on the 2019.

I almost didn't order the Level 1 package because of that. I did, but I am hoping FCA is listening and can take this into account and fix it.

I expected BOOMING stereo for the upgraded Level 1 package. Guess I still have a few days to change it back to the Alpine and save a few bucks.

Anyone from FCA here? Thoughts? @RamCares

My Limited had the trebel and bass all the way up and when i drove it it was unbearable. I finally went to the dealer and they went through all the audio settings and found out the bass was maxed. Someone must have done it from a previous test drive. I would check the EQ settings if you test drive another one.

Kylem

Reaction score
Does anyone know if disconnecting the battery would effect the update that was performed by the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread