5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound system

ryelinek

Reaction score
Yea sound is very subjective. The 2019 I test drove just had the Alpine and the 2019 I factory ordered will have the HK. Granted I went with the Level 1 Limited package for other stuff other than ONLY the HK sound system but I still expect good things.

What I am thinking though is some people just want a LOUD system regardless of how clear it is. Where as most really high end systems still will get you a high volume but have a greater focus on clarity more so. I’m very interested to test this myself.

Ugh I can’t wait for my truck to get here. Longest 6-8 weeks of my life haha......I wish it would get here sooner but it seems production and transit delays will make it probably on the late side for delivery.

D

Deleted member103

ryelinek said:
Yea sound is very subjective. The 2019 I test drove just had the Alpine and the 2019 I factory ordered will have the HK. Granted I went with the Level 1 Limited package for other stuff other than ONLY the HK sound system but I still expect good things.

What I am thinking though is some people just want a LOUD system regardless of how clear it is. Where as most really high end systems still will get you a high volume but have a greater focus on clarity more so. I’m very interested to test this myself.

Ugh I can’t wait for my truck to get here. Longest 6-8 weeks of my life haha......I wish it would get here sooner but it seems production and transit delays will make it probably on the late side for delivery.
So True . . . ONE need not/should not give up Quality Full-Range of Sound OR Volume of Sound, in a well Balanced system ! Something HK has been noted for - at home & on the highway ! Something is amiss here . . . ? Wonder if HK can answer up on this ? Jared, you got any "pull" seeing as how you run-this-place ?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there is no way to get the sound up in the "regular" UConnect settings, could there be another way by accessing a technicians code?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly, I had 2 Mercedes that both had H/K audio systems and there was a button combination you could push to enter an engineering menu. Through that menu you could do things such as turn up the max volume. While the UConnect is a different system, it could be possible.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Possibly, I had 2 Mercedes that both had H/K audio systems and there was a button combination you could push to enter an engineering menu. Through that menu you could do things such as turn up the max volume. While the UConnect is a different system, it could be possible.
I am ALL ears if someone can figure out a way. I LOVE this truck from what I have seen in person and on my test drive. It is the only thing keeping it from a "10".

Every computer system has a secret diagnostic menu right???

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Slim said:
I believe so.
1f44d.png

Ksilva211

Reaction score
Slim said:
I am ALL ears if someone can figure out a way. I LOVE this truck from what I have seen in person and on my test drive. It is the only thing keeping it from a "10".

Agreed. There has to be a fix for this. The quality is great but it’s not 900w of sound. After a couple days with this truck it is pretty impressive I must say. My only other small gripe is I wish they updated the engine. It really is a good engine and has good power and gets up and goes nicely. I just wish they added a little power it’s been stuck on these numbers for years. Plus I’m still trying to get used to the reduction in the power from my cummins so that’s not helping anything

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
What ever happened to Blaupunkt. Now that was a great car stereo. I had a Kenwood that cranked as well as a Concord that blew things out of the water. Back in the 70s, Car Stereos were the rage until cars started having those customer built into the dash. Makes me sad. Jensen Speakers too.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I believe so.
1f44d.png
SO, "we" apparently are having a "problem" with the HK 900 watt/19 speaker Bonanza, yes ? I took the liberty, earlier, to email the good folks at Harmon Kardon Automotive Division . . . for some possible - unclassified - explanation for this issue many of us apparently are having ! I made a few suggestions as to possible sources for it; including in production and installation . . . or in the remote possibility "we" have some "Dummies" who can't read the DT Manual . . .
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
! Jared, I offered up YOUR name as the "Head Honcho" Here and gave them the website - telling them we # in the THOUSANDS . . .
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
(kidding here) . So, we may get a response HERE or me at my email ? ? ? If I hear anything I will surely KEEP IT A SECRET to the highest bidder . . .
1f914.png

263a.png
1f606.png
! Standby !?

J

jimh4662@

Has anyone returned to dealer. What are they saying. If all the complaints here are a sample than the dealers must be hammered with the issues. I would think it would be moving up production channel by now.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer probably don't know anything. Heck when I bought my 2014 they didn't know you could get rear defrost in a sliding back window. They never gonna figure this one out
icon_lol.gif

J

jimh4662@

It sure isn't going to get fix complaining to each other on these blogs. Whether they know anything or not they start pulling in these trucks, trying to fix or replace these vehicles I can assure you something will shake loose and figure the problem out. The dealers have to foot a percentage of the cost on warranty repair. Money talks...

D

Deleted member103

SoCal Truck said:
What ever happened to Blaupunkt. Now that was a great car stereo. I had a Kenwood that cranked as well as a Concord that blew things out of the water. Back in the 70s, Car Stereos were the rage until cars started having those customer built into the dash. Makes me sad. Jensen Speakers too.
Shuuuush ! Don't let THAT old-timer Kat out of the bag !
263a.png
These
"youngun's" don't necessarily know what they've missed ! I've moved on to "newer" technology, no more Tube replacements for me ! ! ! My Martin Logans are hooked up to a very nice Yamaha Receiver and some other nice stuff ! Let the good times role . . .
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Has anyone returned to dealer. What are they saying. If all the complaints here are a sample than the dealers must be hammered with the issues. I would think it would be moving up production channel by now.
Obviously not ? Which is why I took the liberty to contact HK on this . . . we shall see . . . or not . . . it's HK's call, or perhaps RAM's ! ? Maybe some or ALL of you experiencing this dilemma SHOULD contact RAM on it ! ! ! KNOW what "they" say, "Voting is a privilege & a right; if you don't exercise it, you have NO "right" to Complain !" SO, times-a-wasting' - & I'm not hearing the clicks on your keyboards or the sound notes of your phones . . . Does Apathy Rule HERE too ? Hope not .
1f914.png

J

jimh4662@

I'll advise my take on it as soon as I take possession. I assure you I'll be banging on the service desk if it's not up to the explained quality. The option wasn't free. Three times no repair then falls into lemon law. Today I purposely checked the number setting on the volume on my 2014.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What does the Alpine go up to. I have never had mine past 25 and it was loud enough for me. Use to have a really nice system in one of my previous vehicles. Had that one up at 132db. That more that a plane taking off
icon_lol.gif
. Now I wasn't in it at the time...got to love remote control. You could bounce a quarter on the roof...heads or tails
1f61b.png

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i'm waiting on my limited with the HK system. my wife has it in her 17 grand cheerokee summit and it sounds great. so i went to my dealer who has a limited on his lot with it. so i tried it out. it also sounded great. is it the loudest i ever heard? no, but i was very happy and relieved to hear it after reading a lot of these posts on the subject.

D

Deleted member103

RAM 4times said:
i'm waiting on my limited with the HK system. my wife has it in her 17 grand cheerokee summit and it sounds great. so i went to my dealer who has a limited on his lot with it. so i tried it out. it also sounded great. is it the loudest i ever heard? no, but i was very happy and relieved to hear it after reading a lot of these posts on the subject.
SO, Intermittent it appears to be then ? That sounds like one of those NOT a RECALL Issue, but a Dealer alert Notice/awareness instead !
Perhaps some faulty component during a particular time period in production -- Either AT HK or by RAM with their installation ?
Sure hope HK chimes in, that would be really Cool of them . . . to not just snub it off as a prank email or . . . ?

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Shuuuush ! Don't let THAT old-timer Kat out of the bag !
263a.png
These
"youngun's" don't necessarily know what they've missed ! I've moved on to "newer" technology, no more Tube replacements for me ! ! ! My Martin Logans are hooked up to a very nice Yamaha Receiver and some other nice stuff ! Let the good times role . . .
263a.png

Lou - Get out the Cerwin Vegas Bro. Used to play Dire Straits Money for Nothing and the sound would go right through you.

J

jimh4662@

I wonder what loud is? Is it driving around as they do to day? with 1 bass drum and 2 kettle drums beating in the back seat? Loud enough to hear it with the windows up two blocks away?

Users who are viewing this thread