5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

rudyyoko

Reaction score
I just installed the hellwig 7883 sway bar in my truck because I could not find the 7709. Very nice upgrade. I have it on the tightest setting and that works really well for me. I wish I would have known about this when I bought my truck in 2018. It really does feel like a nice sedan. I didnt notice the "harshness" over uneven pavement as others have stated, but I am used to driving 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks. Thanks for the heads up guys, y'all are awesome.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
I installed their -2 inch links after lowering the rear. Way stronger than stock, nice match for the Helwig. You will have to drill out or cut off the welded nut on the frame as the diameter of the upper bolt is larger than stock View attachment 70761
Let me ask you this? Do you know is there a difference between 7883 vs 7709 actual sway bar? Or is 7883 just the additional endlinks that come with it? I would rather save couple bucks and buy 7709 and than core 4x4 endlinks

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The bar is the same for both part numbers, only difference is 7883 comes with adjustable links

rudyyoko

Reaction score
Let me ask you this? Do you know is there a difference between 7883 vs 7709 actual sway bar? Or is 7883 just the additional endlinks that come with it? I would rather save couple bucks and buy 7709 and than core 4x4 endlinks
I bought the 7883 because I couldnt find anyone with the 7709 in stock. I'm glad I did, I plan on lifting the truck some and it gives me the flexibility with the adjustable end links.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the way my hellwig is pointing (upwards) effects its performance? I believe I read that it should be pointing down. Just want to know if I should take it off and reinstall with the middle of the bar facing downward?

Pic:
Hellwig Bar.jpg Hellwig 2.jpg

dsmonline

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the way my hellwig is pointing (upwards) effects its performance? I believe I read that it should be pointing down. Just want to know if I should take it off and reinstall with the middle of the bar facing downward?

Pic:
View attachment 75789 View attachment 75790

Yep, installed upside down. You really need to take the time to reinstall it correctly, it may not make a world of difference, however there is a reason there is a right way and a wrong way to install. Better safe than sorry.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, installed upside down. You really need to take the time to reinstall it correctly, it may not make a world of difference, however there is a reason there is a right way and a wrong way to install. Better safe than sorry.
Damn, ill have to do that ASAP. Didn't realize. Thank you.

ny2az

Reaction score

Pic:
View attachment 75789 View attachment 75790
the function of the sway bar should be the same in either direction... l believe the difference would be when pointing up as you have it installed may hit the differential cover under severe conditions such as severe dips or offroad terrain where the body bounces up and down enough ...

Srob85

Reaction score
Im looking to get this for my stock 2021 Laramie 4x4. I dont think there is a difference between the 2020 and the 2021 but has anyone confirmed the 7709 fits the 2021??

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to buy the 7709. Do I need to purchase end links or will the factory be ones be ok. I have 2300 miles on the 2020 truck with the air suspension

Last edited:

Rambro23

Reaction score
I want to buy the 7709. Do I need to purchase ne end links or will the factory be ones be ok. I have 2300 miles on the 2020 truck with the air suspension
End links are only necessary with lifted trucks from what I've gathered. Although I'm sure they wont hurt.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can either install with or without the end links. I got a good deal on the 7883 hellwig which came with adjustable end links. They installed just fine on my stock truck.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks z0n3
I’m looking online now in between my conf calls.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Off I go more money 💰 to spend.

I have a 2” lifted truck and Hellwig said I did not need the links after sending them some photos of my angle. You want the bar to be as parallel as possible but some upward angle (as long as it’s not extreme) is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread