5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Clayssport

Reaction score
If you have any rear lift, get the adjustable links. Makes it easy to dial in your bar height.

realralfy

Reaction score
$269.30 everywhere, Amazon $261.46

Anybody know of a current source that is cheaper?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading all of the comments in this thread I decided to pull the trigger with the Hellwig sway bar for my truck and I'm so glad I did. (y) ;):p
Hellwigbox.jpeg
Now this sway bar might not be for everyone and if you are just driving your truck up and down the expressway and not towing; don't bother.

But if you tow or just drive on windy mountain back roads like I do this sway bar is a must.

The truck tracks better around curves and corners.

The body roll is almost completely gone!!

The back end of the truck is now firmly planted and you can feel the road much better and recover quicker from potholes in the road.
(But you will feel them more in the suspension and frame of the truck)

I'm running the Hellwig in the middle hole.
Hellwig_swaybar.jpeg

If I ever buy another Ram this will be the first modification that I will make, I assure you.

Patriot_Ramps.jpeg

Some of you who are my age might find this amusing, While I was taking my test drive; after I went around my first good curve at a good clip[ without having to use the brakes for a change.

This song came up on my shuffle:
Def-Leppard-rocket.jpeg

Perfect!!!

My sticker collection is growing:
Hellwig_Sticker.jpeg

Thanks again for all the input from members to this thread... (Grateful) (y)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Totally transforms the truck. Middle setting here too after trying all three

GraniteRam

Reaction score
After reading all of the comments in this thread I decided to pull the trigger with the Hellwig sway bar for my truck and I'm so glad I did. (y) ;):p
View attachment 62447
Now this sway bar might not be for everyone and if you are just driving your truck up and down the expressway and not towing; don't bother.

But if you tow or just drive on windy mountain back roads like I do this sway bar is a must.

The truck tracks better around curves and corners.

The body roll is almost completely gone!!

The back end of the truck is now firmly planted and you can feel the road much better and recover quicker from potholes in the road.
(But you will feel them more in the suspension and frame of the truck)

I'm running the Hellwig in the middle hole.
View attachment 62448

If I ever buy another Ram this will be the first modification that I will make, I assure you.

View attachment 62449

Some of you who are my age might find this amusing, While I was taking my test drive; after I went around my first good curve at a good clip[ without having to use the brakes for a change.

This song came up on my shuffle:
View attachment 62450

Perfect!!!

My sticker collection is growing:
View attachment 62451

Thanks again for all the input from members to this thread... (Grateful) (y)
Looks like you might have the bar installed upside down. The center section is supposed to point downward instead of upwards. Look at post one on page one for reference.

ny2az

Reaction score
Looks like you might have the bar installed upside down. The center section is supposed to point downward instead of upwards. Look at post one on page one for reference.
l noticed that as well ... but, lm sure it works just the same ....

Nickjansen

Reaction score
Ordered.... I have a beefy canopy on my limited and although my ride is butter smooth.. most turns at decent speeds make you feel like your going to have a hot date with the opposing side glass window. =$ I am really looking forward to trying on the softest setting as my truck is more comfortable than my old 2017 Escalade and I want to keep it that way. Just taking your guys' words for it that the comfort will stay but be done with the sway! I will follow up once installed. Who would have known owning a GTR would ruin every vehicle afterwards with the discovery of aftermarket communities. Thanks? lol

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is the orientation that it was sitting in the box.

Curious.... :unsure:

When you push down on your rear bumper does the middle of your bar move up or down?

Stevenc150

Reaction score
That is the orientation that it was sitting in the box.

Curious.... :unsure:

When you push down on your rear bumper does the middle of your bar move up or down?
Regardless of box orientation...it is opposite of the factory sway bar orientation. but FWIW, I dont think it affects the functionality

recon15

Reaction score
I have the offroad package and having my 5" lift installed next week. Hellwig has one for 2"-4" of lift. Will this sway bar not work correctly since im putting a bigger lift on? I would think it should still work; its only 1" more.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the offroad package and having my 5" lift installed next week. Hellwig has one for 2"-4" of lift. Will this sway bar not work correctly since im putting a bigger lift on? I would think it should still work; its only 1" more.
The sway bar will work just fine and is the same regardless of which one you get. The one for 2-4" of lift has adjustable links that may not work for you. How much does that kit raise the rear? The adjustable links will adjust to go 4" longer than stock. The lift kit should have new endlinks you can use either way.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you get the hellwig sway bar with adjustable end links, part number 7883 (for 2-4" lift) it will work just fine even though it says for 2-4" lift. The hellwig sway bar part number 7709 (for stock height) will not work with a 5" lift.

Last edited:

recon15

Reaction score
Ahh i see. The 5” lift is 5 front and 3” back. Thx for the help

Nickjansen

Reaction score
Installed and took off to return not too long after... Turns it into a city slicker truck. Off road even on easy access & dirt roads had a noticeable difference on the ride quality and feel. The truck felt less composed and like it fell into imperfections instead of rolling in and through them. If you only stay on good pavement and or tow frequently then yes.. I imagine this would be a nice upgrade. However if you want to keep the truck as a very good all-rounder then my opinion is take a pass on this. Yes I tried the softest setting. If you want to know approx. how this will feel on your truck without installing it.. the front swaybar from factory is stiffer than the rear and IMO it feels close to the hellwig on the softest setting but for the front. Go over ruts, uneven roads and bumps.. you will notice how the front end is typically always the suspect of my previous post of making it feel as though your going to have a date with the side window. Please keep in mind that I am just sharing my personal experience and yours may differ.. but I feel like it is my duty after reading this entire thread, buying and trying the product to then provide my honest feedback. To sum this up.. if you have a pavement princess and have decent roads and or do not notice rougher rides much and want to have more confidence when driving the truck around bends faster then this is the product for you. But I'll keep my pillow soft ride on and off road. Cheers.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed and took off to return not too long after... Turns it into a city slicker truck. Off road even on easy access & dirt roads had a noticeable difference on the ride quality and feel. The truck felt less composed and like it fell into imperfections instead of rolling in and through them. If you only stay on good pavement and or tow frequently then yes.. I imagine this would be a nice upgrade. However if you want to keep the truck as a very good all-rounder then my opinion is take a pass on this. Yes I tried the softest setting. If you want to know approx. how this will feel on your truck without installing it.. the front swaybar from factory is stiffer than the rear and IMO it feels close to the hellwig on the softest setting but for the front. Go over ruts, uneven roads and bumps.. you will notice how the front end is typically always the suspect of my previous post of making it feel as though your going to have a date with the side window. Please keep in mind that I am just sharing my personal experience and yours may differ.. but I feel like it is my duty after reading this entire thread, buying and trying the product to then provide my honest feedback. To sum this up.. if you have a pavement princess and have decent roads and or do not notice rougher rides much and want to have more confidence when driving the truck around bends faster then this is the product for you. But I'll keep my pillow soft ride on and off road. Cheers.
You, sir, may be the very first 5th-gen Ram owner to have tried the Hellwig and returned it! But as @PorBoy said, go with what works for you. I’m running the softest setting, as I find it to offer a good balance between comfort and handling for my heavy truck on rough roads. I’m sometimes tempted to go back to the middle setting, but I think you’ve convinced me to leave well enough alone ;)

Users who are viewing this thread