5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
Does Hellwig keep their prices the same for all distributors? Everywhere I look it’s 269.30. Where’s the best deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Does Hellwig keep their prices the same for all distributors? Everywhere I look it’s 269.30. Where’s the best deal?
Bought mine here at discountbandit.com (was $234 last wk)...its tax-free, shipped faster than Amazon, and shook out cheaper for me...

Screenshot_20200528-225551_Chrome.jpg

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Put a bar in it and bend it straight.
If it could be bent, it wouldn't act as a spring. The only way to bend spring steel is to heat it to 1700 degrees F, which ruins the temper

Last edited:

Rambro23

Reaction score
It's on both sides to keep the bar from moving side to side for extra stability. I have the lifted version, it may not come with the non-lifted sway bar.
Thanks! Makes sense I don't have that piece with a non-lifted truck.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
Installed My Hellwig and timbrens!
6f7ef08a238bb17a7479e634aa093dac.jpg

chrisnack

Reaction score
Towing with the Hellwig sway bar.
I have an Outdoorsrv 24kts dry weight is 6200lbs, loaded for a week of camping with a full tank of water 7300 lbs .
The truck tows the trailer ok with the stock sway bar, but after adding the Hellwig set on the middle setting the truck handles the load much better. Prior to the installation of the Hellwig the trailer felt like it pushed the truck around. When you would enter a turn at speed it would always have a secondary steering input. After installing the Hellwig its like driving normal. Just turn in and its solid and stable. Before the Hellwig I would always drive at 60 mph or less to try to stay in the comfort zone, now I find myself driving 65-70 mph. I have to make a conscious effort to stay below 65mph. Thanks Hellwig

Awesome, just what i needed to hear! I was super unimpressed with how this Ram tows our camper compared to my previous F150, way bouncier and pushes the RAM around a lot more. So i guess i'll be ordering this to help out.

What setting do you have the bar on?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Awesome, just what i needed to hear! I was super unimpressed with how this Ram tows our camper compared to my previous F150, way bouncier and pushes the RAM around a lot more. So i guess i'll be ordering this to help out.

What setting do you have the bar on?
He said middle setting.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Sway bar ordered, we'll see how long Amazon takes to deliver it.

Also picked up a Gen-Y Torsion hitch. Hopefully the combination of those 2 will make the towing experience better with our camper.

TTT123

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if I need the normal hellwig sway bar or the one for 2-4” lift? I have the revel performance links and daystar leveling kit. I figured the lift one but just making sure. Thanks

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could someone tell me if I need the normal hellwig sway bar or the one for 2-4” lift? I have the revel performance links and daystar leveling kit. I figured the lift one but just making sure. Thanks
You need the regular one unless your rear end is lifted.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I believe that If you have a 4” lift or higher, you will need the extended links.

Users who are viewing this thread