5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And keep in mind that not only is everyone's driving preference different, but our trucks weigh in differently too. I can easily see how the innermost (firmest) hole might be too stiff on a base Lonestar. I don't feel that it is on a fully loaded Limited. We've seen how the payload ratings can very by almost 1,000 lbs so having that much truck leaning over in a curve needs a little more persuasion.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And keep in mind that not only is everyone's driving preference different, but our trucks weigh in differently too. I can easily see how the innermost (firmest) hole might be too stiff on a base Lonestar. I don't feel that it is on a fully loaded Limited. We've seen how the payload ratings can very by almost 1,000 lbs so having that much truck leaning over in a curve needs a little more persuasion.

What is your payload rating? I haven’t looked at mine yet.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mines a Laramie Sport without the Pano roof and Ranboxes. It should be lighter, I’ll check soon.
Quite a bit lighter, actually. There’s a great thread (somewhere on here) that breaks down the weight of each option. Excellent info for those who have yet to buy and need to “weigh” their options (pun intended).

AndreiV

Reaction score
Mine will be delivered Saturday, Does instruction comes with the torque specs ?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine will be delivered Saturday, Does instruction comes with the torque specs ?
Yep. 25-30 ft-lb for the bushing u brackets.
On the links, those should be tightened until they bulge (in my case they didn't, I just tightened them until it stopped, which wasn't a whole lot).

On edit: You can reuse the stock bolts for the brackets if you don't own an Allen socket to use with the torque wrench (for the bolts that Hellwig supplies).

Last edited:

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
If I recall correctly @Edwards, I believe our trucks were nearly identical (except for paint color). I was going to take it easy on mods for a while because it can be a sickness that doesn't end, but I bit the bullet and ordered one the other day. Seemed like one of those 'required items' that I just had to do. You sir, are costing me more time & money!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quite a bit lighter, actually. There’s a great thread (somewhere on here) that breaks down the weight of each option. Excellent info for those who have yet to buy and need to “weigh” their options (pun intended).

Just checked mine. It is 1484

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I recall correctly @Edwards, I believe our trucks were nearly identical (except for paint color). I was going to take it easy on mods for a while because it can be a sickness that doesn't end, but I bit the bullet and ordered one the other day. Seemed like one of those 'required items' that I just had to do. You sir, are costing me more time & money!

My sincerest apologies. But you'll love it!

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I'm definitely on board after reading all of the encouraging post. Also I have a the crew cab with 6'4" bed so I believe it will really benefit me. I just ordered, I'll have it Wednesday. I'm thrilled for the results.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm definitely on board after reading all of the encouraging post. Also I have a the crew cab with 6'4" bed so I believe it will really benefit me. I just ordered, I'll have it Wednesday. I'm thrilled for the results.
You will love it. I know I do.

I have been on all three settings for a few days so far, to see how it feels. Went from stiffest to softest (current), but I think I will go back to the middle setting after trying all three. Very cool that you tune it to your preference.

Cheers,

Kxlexus

Reaction score
It is a good upgrade. The trucks should come like this from the factory. I prefer the stiffest setting

AndreiV

Reaction score
Got mine installed today in the middle setting. Very happy with the planted feeling in the rear, definitely can feel the difference especially while doing 40mph wide turns. For reference, my available payload is 1,280lbs (full tank of gas, all addons, and myself included).

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally installed mine. It’s been pouring here in Florida, I decided screw it, it’s just water, and installed it in the rain. I have to say I was expecting more. I started at the middle setting and while yes I can notice a difference it is not what I would call a big difference. While driving and quickly moving the wheel left and right there is still quite a bit of body roll. The faster you go the more noticeable it is. On ramp was pretty good, slower speed cornering was negligible. I’ll try the inner setting tomorrow.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally installed mine. It’s been pouring here in Florida, I decided screw it, it’s just water, and installed it in the rain. I have to say I was expecting more. I started at the middle setting and while yes I can notice a difference it is not what I would call a big difference. While driving and quickly moving the wheel left and right there is still quite a bit of body roll. The faster you go the more noticeable it is. On ramp was pretty good, slower speed cornering was negligible. I’ll try the inner setting tomorrow.

Hmm. Looking at your config, your trucks seems several hundred pounds lighter than mine. Maybe the lighter truck makes the difference feel lesser?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm. Looking at your config, your trucks seems several hundred pounds lighter than mine. Maybe the lighter truck makes the difference feel lesser?

Possibly but I keep hearing how it feels like it rides on rails from peoples posts and mine surely doesn’t. I will try the inner hole though and maybe that will make me happy.

JasonB

Reaction score
Anyone put on a front and rear sway? I have a Laramie Sport... with the bigger tires and 2” level kit the CG is higher, has some body roll... thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread