5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I hope the next setting helps you Rampat. I also think the extra 4" wider stance from the wheel spacers helps in my case along with the rear sway bar. (actually have 1.5" spacers in front and 2.0" in rear)

JasonB, in this thread on page 3 it tells how Hellwig was not looking to make the front sway bar as they researched it and found out that we have a pretty good size/fit front sway bar. If I find it I will edit the link into this thread.

Last edited:

JasonB

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Looks like the front sway bar they make is for 2wd not intended for the 4x4

JasonB

Reaction score
Early birthday present inbound! Had the wife get it from Amazon... 40$ cheaper than suspension connection!

barakutha

Reaction score
Installing tomorrow, gonna go with the middle setting
18321a1dac34aecefc038b9d8a3b5b55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Based on what I've read on here I'm sure I will

I started at the stiffest setting, and worked my way down a few days at a time. Ended going back to the middle position after trying all three. In my opinion the best of both worlds, very planted, but not too bouncy.

JasonB

Reaction score
Just installed the new sway bar on the middle setting. I have to say that I am very happy with this modification.

I took some corners around the area at higher speeds than I normally do and the truck was on rails. (For a truck anyways) :)

The higher CG feeling (increased body roll) I got after the leveling kit and bigger tires is gone and the truck feels great.

Acceleration off the line feels better, not faster per say, just more planted.

Dare I say sport truck? Yes I say it...

Excellent mode for 230$ and was a 15min install.

Just need the following

For the Axel Brackets:
Cordless impact is nice but not needed...
3/8 Ratchet
15mm socket (either deep or std size w/ small ext)
30ft/lb capable tq wrench

For the end links
3/8 ratchet
8mm Socket
18mm Gear Wrench ( not needed but makes the install a lot faster )

Step 1. I disconnected the end-links
Step 2. Unmounted he axle brackets and set the old sway bar aside.
Step 3. Put on the new sway bar on the end-links, making sure the hump was down like stock (have to rotate the bar and simulate it in correct position) and put the nuts back on a few threads
Step 4. Greased the inside of the new bushings and put them on the sway bar.
Step 5. Put the bracket over the bushings and hand treaded in the stock bolts a few turns
Step 6. Tighten down the axel bracket bolts to 30ft/lb
Step 7. Tighten the end-link nuts to german spec.. goodntight!

BB4409DA-87DA-403D-9E5E-44F84DADA28B.jpeg

Last edited:

JasonB

Reaction score
The orange under the factory bushing appeared to be an adhesive to me... i did not clean and repaint it... if i was not in such a hurry to install my new mod, i would have cleaned and repainted it too :)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just installed the new sway bar on the middle setting. I have to say that I am very happy with this modification.

I took some corners around the area at higher speeds than I normally do and the truck was on rails. (For a truck anyways) :)

The higher CG feeling (increased body roll) I got after the leveling kit and bigger tires is gone and the truck feels great.

Acceleration off the line feels better, not faster per say, just more planted.

Dare I say sport truck? Yes I say it...

Excellent mode for 230$ and was a 15min install.

Just need the following

For the Axel Brackets:
Cordless impact is nice but not needed...
3/8 Ratchet
15mm socket (either deep or std size w/ small ext)
30ft/lb capable tq wrench

For the end links
3/8 ratchet
8mm Socket
18mm Gear Wrench ( not needed but makes the install a lot faster )

Step 1. I disconnected the end-links
Step 2. Unmounted he axle brackets and set the old sway bar aside.
Step 3. Put on the new sway bar on the end-links, making sure the hump was down like stock (have to rotate the bar and simulate it in correct position) and put the nuts back on a few threads
Step 4. Greased the inside of the new bushings and put them on the sway bar.
Step 5. Put the bracket over the bushings and hand treaded in the stock bolts a few turns
Step 6. Tighten down the axel bracket bolts to 30ft/lb
Step 7. Tighten the end-link nuts to german spec.. goodntight!

View attachment 33019
Sweet. Glad you like it. Everyone that has done this has so far. Well... almost everyone if you exclude Rampat... :p

Last edited:

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Damn you guys making me spend more on this truck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

barakutha

Reaction score
Had mine installed today. Huge difference! Loving it

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Had mine installed today. Huge difference! Loving it

Did you install it yourself or have someone install it? How much did they charge? If you do it yourself, do you have to lift the truck, or can you just crawl under and install it?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you install it yourself or have someone install it? How much did they charge? If you do it yourself, do you have to lift the truck, or can you just crawl under and install it?

Install in 15mins or less on your own. I just slid under the truck but I am only 5’7 160lbs so it wasn’t a tight fit.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
emoji1787.png

Are you in the neurosciences?

Nope.
Install in 15mins or less on your own. I just slid under the truck but I am only 5’7 160lbs so it wasn’t a tight fit.
Yep. Uber easy install.

barakutha

Reaction score

I had a shop install it along with the Daystar spacers and revel links, $300.

I love these weekend projects, but nowadays work gets in the way.. also the triple digit south Louisiana heat lol

Users who are viewing this thread