5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 have diesel available?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been there done that. Mpg gain is minimal with fuel price difference and no fun unless you use most for towing.
Getting 20mpg instead of 12 with 37s is a big difference. To some people it's not about the price either.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to think 4th Gen Rams must have come with crystal balls; their owners like predicting the future :geek:

GPutah

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Ecodiesel with a 6" lift and 37"s. I average around 20mpg in combined and have seen 26.8mpg on a 290 mile trip. I have a GDE tune and am about 460ft/lbs of torque right now. Its a fantastic truck. Those that whine about it know nothing about it, or drove a stock truck that has poor throttle response from the factory. My friend just hit 300k on his EcoDiesel. He averages 26-30mpg with his 4" lift and 35's.

Chris

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the old ecodiesels tricked emissions, contributing to great mileage. The new ecodiesels may be stuck with worse mileage and performance from the factory to meet emissions, though if you can get a tune that mimics what is needed to trick emissions you may get both back (but don’t get caught, since this is emissions fraud akin to DEF delete with some serious penalties).

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Obviously Wheeler was already too knowledgeable to bother reading this thread. But perhaps if the primary purpose of his truck is for fun as the Hemi is faster.

Chris the people with the 17s & 18s stock tune are reporting the same mileage & performance as the stock tune 14,15,16. Check the website Fuelie but many don’t list whether or not they have a tune. The 17 & 18 is probably kept a little dirtier inside which may require more maintenance problems over time. A proper ECM level tune doesn’t trick anything and keeps all factory safeguards but is sold as an off road tune so it does turn off detrimental pointless EGR but keeps the rest of the emissions systems and better manages the DEF system for less emissions problems.

When I order my next ED it will have the dark Forrest green & MT brown beigh interior for a sharp unique looking truck.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What show is going on right now where they announced the 1500 tailgate? Any mention of the ED???

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
probably new york towards the end of april would be my guess for the ED.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somebody in another forum wrote in that he works with RAM in Michigan and said 9/2019 for the 2nd gen Ecodeisel. Ughh! Also commented that they are having issues with the emissions

Brian1982

Reaction score
Even if its not that much as long as its better than the hemi's mpg ill be happy. The best i have heard of people getting with it is around 17 hwy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VernDiesel

Reaction score
A member on the Ram1500diesel forum posted this;
Spoke with the fleet manager at a ram dealership yesterday. He stated he was at a conference this past weekend where they stated the online training for the new ecodiesel engine is going to be available March 1. He assumes it should be available this summer.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone read the new article on the homepage about the ED?... Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/