5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 have diesel available?

Doc

Reaction score
My Ecodiesel is a 1st gen of the engine I think, i think. It was in a 2105 Ram 1500 outdoorsman. A month ago, at 130,000 a rod went thru the side of the block. Of course it was out of warranty, but Chrysler helped me out some with paying for the new motor to be put in. The motor was shipped to the dealership last week. What generation of the ecodiesel would that be? How can I tell?
Still first gen. Few of us waiting on second gen before buying. Were you using the recommended viscosity oil?

VernDiesel

Reaction score
30,000 miles outside of a long 100,000 mile warranty and the Mfg covered it!!! Said no Ford 6/6.4 diesel owner ever!

See if you can get or buy reasonably another 100,000 mile warranty on the new engine. It will cover your butt and make the truck easier to sell should you decide to sell it later.

You should jump on the Ram1500diesel forum and tell them that. Lots of good helpful & knowledgeable folk over their as well.

Did you have GDE or PPEI tune?

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Reaction score
30,000 miles outside of a long 100,000 mile warranty and the Mfg covered it!!! Said no Ford 6/6.4 diesel owner ever!

See if you can get or buy reasonably another 100,000 mile warranty on the new engine. It will cover your butt and make the truck easier to sell should you decide to sell it later.

You should jump on the Ram1500diesel forum and tell them that. Lots of good helpful & knowledgeable folk over their as well.

Did you have GDE or PPEI tune?
Great advice!

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any word on a reveal yet from any insiders?? NY Auto Show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian1982

Reaction score
I am hoping and praying that it happens. Still sucks having to wait til this fall to be able to have mine sitting in my driveway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am hoping and praying that it happens. Still sucks having to wait til this fall to be able to have mine sitting in my driveway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think they are going to be out on the street before the fall dude

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Any word on a reveal yet from any insiders?? NY Auto Show?

Haven't seen anything about the engine in any coverage from NYAS yet, so I'm guessing no announcement about it.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone hit the NY show yet?.. is it worth a go? Haven’t heard of any ED news either? Wtf!?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it worth it to go?

Yes is was great and if you want to see the new tailgate it's cool. The guy demonstrating it said he thought you could get the tailgate next month. I talked to the head person there and got some info guess I will share now. She said that there will not be an ecodiesel in the 19 or 20but rather they are working on a completely new motor which should be available by the end of the year. She couldn't divulge any more than that .

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes is was great and if you want to see the new tailgate it's cool. The guy demonstrating it said he thought you could get the tailgate next month. I talked to the head person there and got some info guess I will share now. She said that there will not be an ecodiesel in the 19 or 20but rather they are working on a completely new motor which should be available by the end of the year. She couldn't divulge any more than that .

So not avail as a 2020?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t wait that long.. so I guess I go for a etorque

I'm definitely waiting. She said it would be great enough to win truck of the year twice in a row.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went last night.. I was told one month, on the streets in July.

Reactions: Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online