5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 have diesel available?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone read the new article on the homepage about the ED?... Any thoughts?

I have a couple. That's a great article.

Seems like it's on track and they're taking a pretty thorough look at internals; much of it sounds all new. Like everybody else I just hope they're devoting as much resource to reliability as emissions, fuel economy, and hp/tq.

Also seems like we can expect an early model year. Not as early as last year but sometime well before Fall.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a couple. That's a great article.

Seems like it's on track and they're taking a pretty thorough look at internals; much of it sounds all new. Like everybody else I just hope they're devoting as much resource to reliability as emissions, fuel economy, and hp/tq.

Also seems like we can expect an early model year. Not as early as last year but sometime well before Fall.
exactly my thoughts . hope at least by August on showroom floors.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
exactly my thoughts . hope at least by August on showroom floors.

Reading that article makes me wonder what else Jared's source *knows* but maybe isn't ready or willing to share with us yet. I can't wait for the next update already.

Pdw1973

Reaction score
My Ecodiesel is a 1st gen of the engine I think, i think. It was in a 2105 Ram 1500 outdoorsman. A month ago, at 130,000 a rod went thru the side of the block. Of course it was out of warranty, but Chrysler helped me out some with paying for the new motor to be put in. The motor was shipped to the dealership last week. What generation of the ecodiesel would that be? How can I tell?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread