5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new things about my 19' that surprised me...

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the difference is 360 camera vs not. I have the 360 and no line. Does anyone have the 360 with the center line?

I believe this is it. We just need someone to confirm. I have watched videos of reviews and 12" screen with dotted line had no 360 camera, and the ones with did not have dotted line. And then we want to ask RAM what the logic is in this decision...

glennf14

Reaction score
I believe this is it. We just need someone to confirm. I have watched videos of reviews and 12" screen with dotted line had no 360 camera, and the ones with did not have dotted line. And then we want to ask RAM what the logic is in this decision...
I think you're right. If that's the case, it's a terrible decision and hopefully they can fix it in a software update. Why would you leave out the center guideline in one versus the other? I would think it would all be the same software. It should be the same software, if they're designing their software correctly/efficiently.

Here's a Limited with the tow mirrors (so no 360 camera) and it has the guideline:
https://www.johnhiesterchryslerdodgejeep.com/new-Lillington-2019-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT3KN580521

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe some bean counter decided if you have 360 camera the dotted line is redundant. Clearly he/she was mistaken.

Nova

Reaction score
It kind of makes sense, the line seems to be an extra unlisted feature of the Tow Group. Could they have still added it anyway without the tow group? Yes. But i believe the hitch line is also an extra option in the F-150. I guess Ram kept it exclusive to the Tow Group package, without even mentioning it.

Edit: Talking just about the limited. Do the non-limited without the tow group still have the line?

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It kind of makes sense, the line seems to be an extra unlisted feature of the Tow Group. Could they have still added it anyway without the tow group? Yes. But i believe the hitch line is also an extra option in the F-150. I guess Ram kept it exclusive to the Tow Group package, without even mentioning it.

Edit: Talking just about the limited. Do the non-limited without the tow group still have the line?

So far nobody with 360 camera (no tow group) has the hitch line.

glennf14

Reaction score
Even my 2015 Durango has the center guideline (no tow package either).

Spirito2

Reaction score
Just picked up mine from the dealer it has to go back when the part comes in.
But I did speak to a tech and he wasnt sure why it wouldn't have it if there was a hitch

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just another thing that makes you go hmmmm. I messed around the settings for a while this afternoon. Nothing that I could find to turn on or off the center line. But.... I think I'll be able to hitch my trailer without it. ;)

Nj921

Reaction score
My 2017 Durango has it too, no tow group.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called the Uconnect team today and provided some feedback regarding this and they are going to pass this on to the product manager as well as the slow response by any remote commands in the app.

glennf14

Reaction score
I called the Uconnect team today and provided some feedback regarding this and they are going to pass this on to the product manager as well as the slow response by any remote commands in the app.
Nice! Thank you. Is there a public way to provide feedback to Uconnect? Or are you an FCA employee and know who to call?

Kramersp

Reaction score
Ok ok. We have established that the 12" screen with tow group has the line. The 8.4" screen with and without tow group has the line. So if you have those then there is no need to inform everyone that you have the line because we already know you do. We have also established that the 12" screen without tow group (with 360 camera) does NOT have the line. So if you have a 12" screen without the tow group and WITH 360 camera and you DO have the line, please comment because then we will see that there is a discrepancy.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just found the sunglasses holder up in the premium headliner control panel... add another thing that surprised me! It's just one cool or better thing after the other in this 2019!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am resurrecting this because someone on a FB group
Ok ok. We have established that the 12" screen with tow group has the line. The 8.4" screen with and without tow group has the line. So if you have those then there is no need to inform everyone that you have the line because we already know you do. We have also established that the 12" screen without tow group (with 360 camera) does NOT have the line. So if you have a 12" screen without the tow group and WITH 360 camera and you DO have the line, please comment because then we will see that there is a discrepancy.

I am now hearing from a FB group that newer builds have this line. Do we have any new build 12.1" owners WITHOUT Tow Mirrors who have it?

Users who are viewing this thread