5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new things about my 19' that surprised me...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that could be the case with the dealer possibly recycling the pictures. The only reason I think that may not have happened here is my truck config. still seems to be a little rare on a lot with a 12" screen and the 40/20/40 front bench. Those two were in most of the interior pictures, although the one with the CL was zoomed in on the screen only, so who knows. Honestly it doesn't bother me that the line is not there, I just find it funny that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who has it and who doesn't. Reading through this thread, it seems each time a possible theory is provided, someone else chimes in with a new variable. My guess at this point is this is a Uconnect bug that may be rectified with a future update.
I'm confident this will be fixed fairly soon for all systems. The outside lines move and adapt to the steering wheel, so adding a center line in the middle should be trivial. It's just a hidden toggle anyway, because the code is already there for builds with tow pkg, as well as new builds without the tow pkg.
It's more likely that it is two independent code branches, with one only compatible with the non-surround/360 camera software and the other for the 360, but in essence the code is probably identical yet still requires some mandatory quality testing after copy/pasting into the 360 branch which someone needs to approve with a cost; however, it sounds like it has already made it into some of the new builds so it is only a matter of time before the new code is pushed to the existing builds as well.

See the thread link below and go to post #51 might answer everyone’s questions. I had seen this before but had to search for it. I’ll be discussing this with my dealer also.

Trailer reverse guide lines

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
See the thread link below and go to post #51 might answer everyone’s questions. I had seen this before but had to search for it. I’ll be discussing this with my dealer also.

Trailer reverse guide lines
My dealership service manager has ordered the latest revision of this module for me, but I’ll wait to post more details after we get it installed and test.

Chris

Reaction score
I just contacted a RAM Agent and they confirmed that it should include the centerline on all trucks, as it is described in the latest version of the Owner's Manual on page 373 (without any stipulation about which models include it or not). They gave me case number 58242419 and told me to bring it in to the dealership with the case number to investigate and add it in

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my 19 1500 Crew Cab black edition Laramie has it, tow package, 12 inch screen.....
Tow package has always had it. Trucks with the 12” UConnect + surround view camera system (i.e. with Advanced Safety Group and without the Trailer-Tow Group, since it eliminates the surround view feature) have only seen the centerline on later builds (starting sometime around October 2018).

Users who are viewing this thread