5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new things about my 19' that surprised me...

glennf14

Reaction score
I am resurrecting this because someone on a FB group

I am now hearing from a FB group that newer builds have this line. Do we have any new build 12.1" owners WITHOUT Tow Mirrors who have it?
I meant to follow up on this as well. I bought a 11/21 build yesterday. Limited without tow package and YES I HAVE THE LINE. I don’t know my software version but I can check.

grinch72

Reaction score
I meant to follow up on this as well. I bought a 11/21 build yesterday. Limited without tow package and YES I HAVE THE LINE. I don’t know my software version but I can check.
Can you take some pics and a video so we can see. I want to bring that back to my dealer for them! Thanks. I'd be curious what software you have as well.

glennf14

Reaction score
Can you take some pics and a video so we can see. I want to bring that back to my dealer for them! Thanks. I'd be curious what software you have as well.
I've attached a pic of my 12" screen at my house, as well as my window sticker, and a pic of my truck (when I picked it up at the dealer) to show that I do not have the tow pkg. Also, I couldn't find anything that would tell me the software version. I'm gonna type in my VIN into the Uconnect update website and see if it'll tell me there.

Attachments

• IMG_9334.jpg
    IMG_9334.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9347.jpg
    IMG_9347.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_9500.jpg
    IMG_9500.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106

Fidomac

Reaction score
Right there with you on the sport hood! I wanted an off road package In the fire red, I saw a fire red with off road and sport group when I was searching but had never seen one. The dealer said they had just took it off the delivery truck and I should come take a look. I think I actually peed a little bit when I first saw it... Just absolutely love driving this thing.
Peed a little bit.....lol

cjmst23

Reaction score
Maybe you have to have the "tow package" to have the CL.

I don't have CL or tow package

JV77

Reaction score
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the pictures that were posted by the original listing dealer of my truck had the center line in the screen, but when the truck was delivered to me there is no center line. I would assume there was an update to the system that removed it as I have not found a setting to enable it. I do not have the tow package.

Edit: the Uconnect website shows my VIN as being up to date as of today.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the pictures that were posted by the original listing dealer of my truck had the center line in the screen, but when the truck was delivered to me there is no center line. I would assume there was an update to the system that removed it as I have not found a setting to enable it. I do not have the tow package.

I swear to god there was an audio setting that I was playing with when my truck hit the dealer lot, but before they prepped it, and it was gone after delivery. I wonder if they have options that are shut off in Uconnect based on geographic location, or trim level, or something else.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surprised..... how I can order & install OEM parts that I didn’t want to pay for or want all stuff in packages at a cheaper route. With some coding work as if from factory. Off top of my head...trailer brake controller, led bed lighting.

Sinister04L

Reaction score
Just got my truck on Monday. 12" screen, no tow package, with the 360 camera, and I have the center line.

51B70A53-FEB5-47B8-96EA-699C704E8C8B.jpeg

glennf14

Reaction score

That’s tough. The only other possibility is if the dealer could do some kind of update to Uconnect (that’s not available on the website public yet) or update some other module. Regarding dealer pics, I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about it being removed because I know dealers recycle a lot of the same pics from their other listings to save time.

JV77

Reaction score
That’s tough. The only other possibility is if the dealer could do some kind of update to Uconnect (that’s not available on the website public yet) or update some other module. Regarding dealer pics, I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about it being removed because I know dealers recycle a lot of the same pics from their other listings to save time.
Yeah, I thought that could be the case with the dealer possibly recycling the pictures. The only reason I think that may not have happened here is my truck config. still seems to be a little rare on a lot with a 12" screen and the 40/20/40 front bench. Those two were in most of the interior pictures, although the one with the CL was zoomed in on the screen only, so who knows. Honestly it doesn't bother me that the line is not there, I just find it funny that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who has it and who doesn't. Reading through this thread, it seems each time a possible theory is provided, someone else chimes in with a new variable. My guess at this point is this is a Uconnect bug that may be rectified with a future update.

glennf14

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that could be the case with the dealer possibly recycling the pictures. The only reason I think that may not have happened here is my truck config. still seems to be a little rare on a lot with a 12" screen and the 40/20/40 front bench. Those two were in most of the interior pictures, although the one with the CL was zoomed in on the screen only, so who knows. Honestly it doesn't bother me that the line is not there, I just find it funny that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who has it and who doesn't. Reading through this thread, it seems each time a possible theory is provided, someone else chimes in with a new variable. My guess at this point is this is a Uconnect bug that may be rectified with a future update.
I'm confident this will be fixed fairly soon for all systems. The outside lines move and adapt to the steering wheel, so adding a center line in the middle should be trivial. It's just a hidden toggle anyway, because the code is already there for builds with tow pkg, as well as new builds without the tow pkg.

Chris

Reaction score
I'm confident this will be fixed fairly soon for all systems. The outside lines move and adapt to the steering wheel, so adding a center line in the middle should be trivial. It's just a hidden toggle anyway, because the code is already there for builds with tow pkg, as well as new builds without the tow pkg.
It's more likely that it is two independent code branches, with one only compatible with the non-surround/360 camera software and the other for the 360, but in essence the code is probably identical yet still requires some mandatory quality testing after copy/pasting into the 360 branch which someone needs to approve with a cost; however, it sounds like it has already made it into some of the new builds so it is only a matter of time before the new code is pushed to the existing builds as well.

glennf14

Reaction score
It's more likely that it is two independent code branches, with one only compatible with the non-surround/360 camera software and the other for the 360, but in essence the code is probably identical yet still requires some mandatory quality testing after copy/pasting into the 360 branch which someone needs to approve with a cost; however, it sounds like it has already made it into some of the new builds so it is only a matter of time before the new code is pushed to the existing builds as well.
Sounds like you know software ;)
I would hope they would have a single binary/build, and let the code decide what should be enabled/disabled based on the config of the truck. But that may be asking too much from Uconnect :)

Chris

Reaction score
Sounds like you know software ;)
I would hope they would have a single binary/build, and let the code decide what should be enabled/disabled based on the config of the truck. But that may be asking too much from Uconnect :)
Lol, if universal compatibility and consistency was a priority, then we wouldn't have 3 different Uconnect apps. Sometimes it's cheaper just to toss different teams on independent branches and worry about merging it back together down the road if and when they are forced to.

Users who are viewing this thread