5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" MOTOFAB LEVELING KIT! PICS!

SB89

Reaction score
As I understand it you have stock UCA's and have a Off Road suspension that is comprised of a 1" longer spring. A 1" longer spring with stock UCA's doesn't push the geometry too far out of spec. But if you also add a 2" level spacer you're now 3" out of spec on a stock UCA.

Note: I have the off road group + the ReadyLift 2" level with UCA's.
My truck does NOT have the off road group, so the suspension is all stock, unless the suspension is different on 4x4?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but I'm assuming if you raise the front a bit, you'll need to adjust the headlights down to compensate?

Thanks.

rosedaleny806

Reaction score
just got my kit in. just wanted to ask the general public. i know theres a card in the box that says may not be a 1:1 spacer, as in even though i got a 2.5” spacer it wont measure out to that but will give me that 2.5” lift. being its a 2.5” lift but the spacer itself is only measuring alittle over 1.5” in width. was this the same for yours?? or anyone?

DB66

Reaction score
It doesn't. Im staying away from that half inch. Were already pushing it and with a 2.5 we would be 3.5 inches taller than a factory ram. Now since I really like my 4x4 I'm going to do a 2" just to play it safe lol
Any pictures of the final setup, what motofab spacer did you use and did you use the ready lift control arm.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just got my kit in. just wanted to ask the general public. i know theres a card in the box that says may not be a 1:1 spacer, as in even though i got a 2.5” spacer it wont measure out to that but will give me that 2.5” lift. being its a 2.5” lift but the spacer itself is only measuring alittle over 1.5” in width. was this the same for yours?? or anyone?
There's a bit of voodoo with spacers. You want the "total lift achieved" not the thickness of the spacer. The Motofab spacers are as they are labeled, 2.5" is exactly the lift you get. Others have complained that the brand of spacer they used didn't deliver the height expected. 1.5" spacers only giving 0.75" of lift and so on.

Read the fine print and do your homework.

elhefe

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:
View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
Awesome truck. I just got the exact same one a month ago. Just a couple quick questions. I see you’ve had the levelers on for a while now. About how many miles have you put on since leveling? Are you still running the stocks UCAs? And if so any UCA and ball joint issues that you’re aware of?

Cbeveridge

Reaction score
I am as new as it gets to this. I just bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn truck 2 days ago. And i am looking into leveling my truck out. The measurement is 1.5 inch difference from front to back. I have been looking at the 2 inch Motofab leveling kit but is seems like most people are using the 2.5 inch kits instead. I have watched Doowork707 video 5 or 6 times. I really like the results. so i guess my question is what is the actual change that the 2.5 inch spacer made? Thanks

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 101

Racing559

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
How does your truck ride compared to when it was stock? I'm wanting to level my truck and I don't know whats the right way to go, had an uncle of mine tell me to avoid the spacer because of squeaking and ride quality. Beings that my truck is exactly like yours but in the Laramie version, maybe you can give me some pointers to help me out? Thanks.

Escamp1

Reaction score

It looks like you had the 285/60/20 tires on before the leveling kit was installed. Did you have any rubbing issues? I have the stock 20" rims with a+19 offset and want to put on those exact tires.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does your truck ride compared to when it was stock? I'm wanting to level my truck and I don't know whats the right way to go, had an uncle of mine tell me to avoid the spacer because of squeaking and ride quality. Beings that my truck is exactly like yours but in the Laramie version, maybe you can give me some pointers to help me out? Thanks.
Squeaking? No squeaking. Ride quality 99.9% like factory. I installed the exact same strut top spacers as the OP and I would recommend the Motofab products to anyone wanting to level their Ram. To avoid squeaks or issues, follow the directions and retorque after 100 miles.

If you have the Off Road Package, I would highly suggest you also change your Upper Control Arms to improve ball joint angle and have correct alignment.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
So I have question for those more knowledgeable then myself. I'm looking at doing a motofab lift/Levi kit, appears to just be spacers. 3" in the front and 2" inches in the back. Does anyone think that would cause me problems down the road?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have question for those more knowledgeable then myself. I'm looking at doing a motofab lift/Levi kit, appears to just be spacers. 3" in the front and 2" inches in the back. Does anyone think that would cause me problems down the road?
Your signature doesn't list the Off Road Package, so no, it won't cause problems. But if you want to lift your truck that much, there are better options out there that will provide better ride and comfort. If you have the ORP, anything more than a 2" lift would need the addition of UCA's if you wanted no issues.

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
Doowork gave me the inspiration. I just added my touch to it. Appreciate all of the informative vids.

Attachments

• A83BA8D6-A933-4BEA-AB3E-39308A681DDB.jpeg
    A83BA8D6-A933-4BEA-AB3E-39308A681DDB.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 06151081-E822-42AE-B925-A4F33A0A72C1.jpeg
    06151081-E822-42AE-B925-A4F33A0A72C1.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 299
  • AA9164FA-E91B-466A-BA8A-7A14AE15C64A.jpeg
    AA9164FA-E91B-466A-BA8A-7A14AE15C64A.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 259

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=22 - specifically calls out DS and DT trucks.

Also, I can tell you the RLs are identical to the naked eye. I wish I would have snapped a picture of the top hat in their 2019 kit and the top hat in their 2018 full lift at Summit Racing a couple weeks ago as I live a hop-skip-and-a-jump away (went there to compare control arms in the kit and purchased a set of blems for cheap). I can't tell you why, I can only say that my feeling is they've decided to market the kit differently for the new model year and new gen and include the control arms since that was a known issue in the past with lifted trucks. Want an easier install, here - you have to take these control arms too. Who knows. Call these other companies if you need to truly make sure you're buying it for a 2019 DT truck.

Also, when you say a lot of sites will say 2019 because they mean 2019 Classic - I find that to be the opposite. I've found that most sites only call out the 2019 when they mean the new 5th gen, and that they specifically call out "Classic" or "Old Model" when referring to 2019 4th gen trucks

Please forgive me if I’ve already asked this along the way, but could you post a pic of your truck? I think I’m liking your lift/level setup.

Ggcnash

Reaction score
Well just had the motofab 2.5" spacers and mopar lift uca's installed on my 19 ram Laramie with offroad package, and it is a 1/4" to 1/2" higher in front gonna wait for any settling but more than likely will have to install 1"rear spacers in hindsight I should have gone with the 2" spacers to have a 1/4" rake to the front, just a warning for folks looking into the install

Users who are viewing this thread