5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" MOTOFAB LEVELING KIT! PICS!

DOOWORK707

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:
BFG1.jpg BFG5.jpg BFG4.jpg BFG2.jpg BFG3.jpg

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont know why there is so much misinformation out on this. The strut assembly has not changed so any strut extension type spacers will fit just fine.

Truck looks good. I wrestled real hard between black or white, ended up getting the all black one. Did a level to it as well. It's amazing how a level and tires make these trucks look so much better.

Jcndsu

Reaction score
Looks nice! Very sharp truck! Does anyone know if the spacers in the back are the same as well? From a 4th to a 5th gen?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Done and done! This is exactly what I want... just have to make sure the Rebel doesn't already use spacers to get the extra 1" factory lift.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Done and done! This is exactly what I want... just have to make sure the Rebel doesn't already use spacers to get the extra 1" factory lift.
The Rebel has a different strut/spring that is longer. A top mount strut extension works perfect to level out the Rebel.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't. Im staying away from that half inch. Were already pushing it and with a 2.5 we would be 3.5 inches taller than a factory ram. Now since I really like my 4x4 I'm going to do a 2" just to play it safe lol

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't. Im staying away from that half inch. Were already pushing it and with a 2.5 we would be 3.5 inches taller than a factory ram. Now since I really like my 4x4 I'm going to do a 2" just to play it safe lol
You'd think the Rebel would have different UCA's if that's the case. Well, I don't mind being a guinea pig and will add new uppers if need be.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd think the Rebel would have different UCA's if that's the case. Well, I don't mind being a guinea pig and will add new uppers if need be.
I compared them to my buddies long horn and they look exactly the same. Only thing different was the spindle since his was 2wd

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I compared them to my buddies long horn and they look exactly the same. Only thing different was the spindle since his was 2wd
So you're thinking I'll run into ball joint issues if I don't get new UCA's right off the hop?

XDBrad

Reaction score
I’ve pushed the limits on a Tacoma and ended up breaking the ball joint out of the UCA. If one was to keep it on the road you may be ok but articulate it at all and you’re in danger of being stranded. Nothing says you should have listened to Dad like walking 5 miles out of the woods in the wee hours of the morning like a broken UCA. No matter how hard you try it just won’t drive worth a darn in this condition....

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont know why there is so much misinformation out on this. The strut assembly has not changed so any strut extension type spacers will fit just fine.

Right... absolutely no info on 2019 Rebel's and level kits. Gonna go in blind. :oops:

XDBrad

Reaction score
I’d have zero concerns with the strut spacers (not preload spacers) and UCA’s and will be the route I go when I make the leap. That is unless someone going in blind proves my thinking wrong

Users who are viewing this thread