5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" MOTOFAB LEVELING KIT! PICS!

big_L2009

Reaction score
Your best bet is to measure it before purchasing. I have the 2.5 motofab on a 4x4 bighorn and it’s as close as it will get to being level.
How is ride quality compared to stock? I am looking at leveling my 2019 big horn but want to keep ride as close as I can to where it is now.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I installed a 2” Motofab leveling kit in my Longhorn. It looks level now and the ride quality hasn’t changed. I recommend adding the Helwig sway bar to the rear and running it in the firmest setting. I also did that to mine and it made a huge improvement in the handling

big_L2009

Reaction score
I installed a 2” Motofab leveling kit in my Longhorn. It looks level now and the ride quality hasn’t changed. I recommend adding the Helwig sway bar to the rear and running it in the firmest setting. I also did that to mine and it made a huge improvement in the handling
Thank you for the info. I’ve spent I don’t l know how many hours looking into this and haven’t found much. I want it leveled and don’t mind spending a little more money if it will help keep the ride the same.

wpk109

Reaction score
I dont know why there is so much misinformation out on this. The strut assembly has not changed so any strut extension type spacers will fit just fine.

Truck looks good. I wrestled real hard between black or white, ended up getting the all black one. Did a level to it as well. It's amazing how a level and tires make these trucks look so much better.

I have the all black Big Horn as well. Am looking to do the same to my truck. Could you send/post a few pics of your truck? Bet it looks awesome!!!!!

wpk109

Reaction score
Nevermind! Just found your pics. Wow, looks awesome!!!!
I have the all black Big Horn as well. Am looking to do the same to my truck. Could you send/post a few pics of your truck? Bet it looks awesome!!!!!
t

Deke

Reaction score
After reading through this entire thread, I felt sold on the 2" motofab level. Checking out their site, I found this 2" front and rear lift kit, says it fits 2019 Ram 1500 4WD. Am I missing something? I took my truck to a shop that does this work and they told me they couldn't find a 2" lift kit for the new Ram, only level kits. I apologize if this answer is already in this thread and I am not savvy enough to see it. I have a 2019 Laramie.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nevermind! Just found your pics. Wow, looks awesome!!!!

t
I appreciate it. Took me a while to get the look I want but it got there. I will still be doing probably a 4" lift once some more options are available.

Andress

Reaction score
Motofab 3inch leveling kit with TIS 22x12 and Nitto 420 305/45/22

Attachments

• EF8C5AB5-59AE-437C-87EE-563382C8AF40.jpeg
    EF8C5AB5-59AE-437C-87EE-563382C8AF40.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 5D6B2F2D-9911-457D-91A3-E00848FD3046.jpeg
    5D6B2F2D-9911-457D-91A3-E00848FD3046.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 404

toxicfusion

Reaction score
motofab 2.5" with the new wheels 20x10 -25 on 34.6x11.5x20 (bridgestone ko2 285/65/20)

This is a great look! I'm looking to get 285/65/20 tires as well, been torn between 285/60's.. just difference in sidewall height.

Anyone know if the 2.5 motofab level kit/spacer will work with the mopar 2" lift kit?

also did anyone replace the upper control arms with the motofab kits - as any leveling kit will change the geometry. I think the 2.5 motofab spacer with the mopar 2" lift (fox shocks, more travel and correct control arms) would be perfect combo.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a great look! I'm looking to get 285/65/20 tires as well, been torn between 285/60's.. just difference in sidewall height.

Anyone know if the 2.5 motofab level kit/spacer will work with the mopar 2" lift kit?

also did anyone replace the upper control arms with the motofab kits - as any leveling kit will change the geometry. I think the 2.5 motofab spacer with the mopar 2" lift (fox shocks, more travel and correct control arms) would be perfect combo.
Wouldn't work very well. The Fox struts in the front are what provide the lift. That combo would give you 4.5" of lift without dropping the front differential. CV angles would be terrible.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Wouldn't work very well. The Fox struts in the front are what provide the lift. That combo would give you 4.5" of lift without dropping the front differential. CV angles would be terrible.

Hows the ride quality with the 2.5 motofab level kit? I'm just worried of big impact on factory ride quality (perhaps negated with better tires over the stock squishy duelers). Also the what about the geometry of the control arm?

Hawkins68

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:
View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
Since you put level on your truck a year ago have you had any issues with your uca joint?

Hawkins68

Reaction score
I am interested in knowing if anyone who has installed Motofab 2.5 inch level on their truck with no UCA replacement and with no air suspension or ORP, if your UCA joints have failed or any other issues?

Users who are viewing this thread