5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" MOTOFAB LEVELING KIT! PICS!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see what people are saying and im not fighting you on what you got as a boxed product. Just even on readylifts website in the product detail they explain that its different... Is it , or isn’t it?? Lol I called RC, Had called ready lift as well , dont know why they would explain to me that they are different but send you a 4th gen kit
Yeah they aren't real clear on everything. I'm not too concerned about it as my truck is rarely off pavement and it is only temporary anyway. Once some more options are out I will be installing a full 4" or 6" lift kit. If something goes wrong in the meantime then Readylift will be footing the bill if they indeed sold these kits at 5th gen knowing they could be problematic.

I doubt I have any though as this was very easy to install. I actually had an easier time installing this leveling kit on my 2019 than I did putting one on my 2013. This does however make me very happy with my decision not to go with the 3.5" as I can imagine it could be problematic there. You are already stretching the suspension to the max with that kit, and then if there is an issue with fitment on top of that, I could see where it causes problems.

I would be curious to see what Rough Country has to say about their 3.5" kit given this information. You said they didn't make top hat spacers since it spun the strut, yet they use a combination of a top hat and a preload spacer in their 3.5" kit just as Readylift does. So they either do produce a top hat for the 5th gens but aren't selling it by itself (which would make no sense as most people elect for a top hat over a preload spacer), or they are using a 4th gen spacer for the kit knowing it doesn't fit perfectly.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
So RC is saying they don't make top-hats for the 2019 because the top-hats would spin the strut top, but the link you also posted is RL's kit for the 2019, which features strut top-hats that...spin the strut -and they are for the 2019. Also, many other companies have certified their 4th gen top-hats for 5th gens. I don't know what RC is really meaning behind the spinning comment (since their top-hats spin the 4th gen struts as well since they are essentially the same). And I think RL's blurb on their website is just all marketing to create separation from 4th gen and 5th gen parts (there is no noticeable difference between their 4th and 5th gen top-hats - if anything, they're exactly the same).

rsonedecker

Reaction score
I would be curious to see what Rough Country has to say about their 3.5" kit given this information. You said they didn't make top hat spacers since it spun the strut, yet they use a combination of a top hat and a preload spacer in their 3.5" kit just as Readylift does. So they either do produce a top hat for the 5th gens but aren't selling it by itself (which would make no sense as most people elect for a top hat over a preload spacer), or they are using a 4th gen spacer for the kit knowing it doesn't fit perfectly.
^^^^ This ^^^^

Wonder what the convo with them would be if you called up and said "Hey, why don't you offer the top-hat spacer that you offer in the 2019 3.5" Lift alone in a leveling kit"? I can't imagine they would say the same "because it spins the strut". They have to offer the top-hat in their 3.5" because that's the only way to get more lift than just a pre-load (my guess), but they don't have to offer a top-hat for a level because they just offer the pre-load. I have a feeling I know why they don't offer their top-hat and instead offer their pre-load...just research it and you'll find why.

Boostfeen

Reaction score
So RC is saying they don't make top-hats for the 2019 because the top-hats would spin the strut top, but the link you also posted is RL's kit for the 2019, which features strut top-hats that...spin the strut -and they are for the 2019. Also, many other companies have certified their 4th gen top-hats for 5th gens. I don't know what RC is really meaning behind the spinning comment (since their top-hats spin the 4th gen struts as well since they are essentially the same). And I think RL's blurb on their website is just all marketing to create separation from 4th gen and 5th gen parts (there is no noticeable difference between their 4th and 5th gen top-hats - if anything, they're exactly the same).
Not saying they cant have a top hat... what im saying is apparently they would have to be lightly different top hats according to them, im not arguying im just saying what my research from this gave me... after reading many install list on these forums I called them out and said why are 4th gen kits fitting but you guys say its different? Because i can get a 4th gen kit in no time. And why can I not just order your 4th gen top hat kit because I dont want to compress my struts . And they replied to not do it. Feel free to call them and get clarification its a free call... once again im not fighting people saying they dont fit... im just questioning why few companies who do this for a living would say its different. Its not even because of a price difference since both gen kits are basicly the same price. I just want to have the proper kit.

Boostfeen

Reaction score
Yeah they aren't real clear on everything. I'm not too concerned about it as my truck is rarely off pavement and it is only temporary anyway. Once some more options are out I will be installing a full 4" or 6" lift kit. If something goes wrong in the meantime then Readylift will be footing the bill if they indeed sold these kits at 5th gen knowing they could be problematic.

I doubt I have any though as this was very easy to install. I actually had an easier time installing this leveling kit on my 2019 than I did putting one on my 2013. This does however make me very happy with my decision not to go with the 3.5" as I can imagine it could be problematic there. You are already stretching the suspension to the max with that kit, and then if there is an issue with fitment on top of that, I could see where it causes problems.

The products I called for were for the 2inch kits, I asked why couldnt I just order a 4th gen top hat kit. Im not saying top hat kits couldnt be produced for the new body style... from what they've been telling me it would mean they would had redesigned top hats. So yes they offer the 3.5” kit witch should be different then 4th gen right? But who the heck knows . Im just going to install the strut spacer kit and leave it at that. Hopefully there is no big difference and everyones new toy stay in good shape! Enjoy your new trucks!

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Not saying they cant have a top hat... what im saying is apparently they would have to be lightly different top hats according to them, im not arguying im just saying what my research from this gave me... after reading many install list on these forums I called them out and said why are 4th gen kits fitting but you guys say its different? Because i can get a 4th gen kit in no time. And why can I not just order your 4th gen top hat kit because I dont want to compress my struts . And they replied to not do it. Feel free to call them and get clarification its a free call... once again im not fighting people saying they dont fit... im just questioning why few companies who do this for a living would say its different. Its not even because of a price difference since both gen kits are basicly the same price. I just want to have the proper kit.
If all you want is a 2" top-hat spacer, just order one from Motofab which is certified for the 2019. They have a 2", it's cheaper, on par with RL's top-hat quality, and better than RCs top-hat.

Boostfeen

Reaction score
^^^^ This ^^^^

Wonder what the convo with them would be if you called up and said "Hey, why don't you offer the top-hat spacer that you offer in the 2019 3.5" Lift alone in a leveling kit"? I can't imagine they would say the same "because it spins the strut". They have to offer the top-hat in their 3.5" because that's the only way to get more lift than just a pre-load (my guess), but they don't have to offer a top-hat for a level because they just offer the pre-load. I have a feeling I know why they don't offer their top-hat and instead offer their pre-load...just research it and you'll find why.
They have a 2 inch top hat kit for 2012 -2018 , so it wouldnt be because they cant offer one... If it was the same then why not just keep selling all their 4th gen kits as 2019 new body style as well... their strut kit is only 60$ and the top hat kit around 100, they obviously arent trying to push people to buy the strut kit to make more money. Who says their 3.5inch top hats arent designed differently then a 4th gen top hat? I am not saying top hat kits cant be installed or dont exist. The new kits would just have slight difference in them if what they say is true. Also if their 2 inch top hat kits from 4th gen would have issues wouldnt they pull the product and only offer the strut kit like the 2019 and avoid any problems? Just doesnt make sense.

https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-front-leveling-lift-kit-30300.html

rsonedecker

Reaction score
They have a 2 inch top hat kit for 2012 -2018 , so it wouldnt be because they cant offer one... If it was the same then why not just keep selling all their 4th gen kits as 2019 new body style as well... their strut kit is only 60$ and the top hat kit around 100, they obviously arent trying to push people to buy the strut kit to make more money. Who says their 3.5inch top hats arent designed differently then a 4th gen top hat? I am not saying top hat kits cant be installed or dont exist. The new kits would just have slight difference in them if what they say is true. Also if their 2 inch top hat kits from 4th gen would have issues wouldnt they pull the product and only offer the strut kit like the 2019 and avoid any problems? Just doesnt make sense.

https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-front-leveling-lift-kit-30300.html
It's pure speculation why they don't offer it. My confusion lies in that I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish so I'm just giving you anecdotal knowledge from that perspective. Perhaps the 2019 has a slight change that puts undue pressure on their multi-piece welded top-hat and they are more prone to breaking, and maybe that's only going to happen to RCs becuase of the design? For whatever reason RC has chosen to go this route, that doesn't preclude you from getting a top-hat spacer from someone else. I guess the point I was really trying to make was that just because RC does and says this, doesn't mean someone else's spacers don't work just fine, especially those that have been certified/labeled to work for the 2019.

Boostfeen

Reaction score
If all you want is a 2" top-hat spacer, just order one from Motofab which is certified for the 2019. They have a 2", it's cheaper, on par with RL's top-hat quality, and better than RCs top-hat.[/
Gotta be carefull because 2018 stock has been rebranded 2019
It's pure speculation why they don't offer it. My confusion lies in that I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish so I'm just giving you anecdotal knowledge from that perspective. Perhaps the 2019 has a slight change that puts undue pressure on their multi-piece welded top-hat and they are more prone to breaking, and maybe that's only going to happen to RCs becuase of the design? For whatever reason RC has chosen to go this route, that doesn't preclude you from getting a top-hat spacer from someone else. I guess the point I was really trying to make was that just because RC does and says this, doesn't mean someone else's spacers don't work just fine, especially those that have been certified/labeled to work for the 2019.
as long as the 2019 certification isnt for the rebranded 2018 stock that are now considered “2019 classic”

Boostfeen

Reaction score
If all you want is a 2" top-hat spacer, just order one from Motofab which is certified for the 2019. They have a 2", it's cheaper, on par with RL's top-hat quality, and better than RCs top-hat.
Even ready lift has different kits where its 2012 -2019 and same size kits where its strictly 2019. A lot of sites will say 2012-2019 because the 2018’s still on dealership lots are now considered 2019’s classic

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Even ready lift has different kits where its 2012 -2019 and same size kits where its strictly 2019. A lot of sites will say 2012-2019 because the 2018’s still on dealership lots are now considered 2019’s classic
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=22 - specifically calls out DS and DT trucks.

Also, I can tell you the RLs are identical to the naked eye. I wish I would have snapped a picture of the top hat in their 2019 kit and the top hat in their 2018 full lift at Summit Racing a couple weeks ago as I live a hop-skip-and-a-jump away (went there to compare control arms in the kit and purchased a set of blems for cheap). I can't tell you why, I can only say that my feeling is they've decided to market the kit differently for the new model year and new gen and include the control arms since that was a known issue in the past with lifted trucks. Want an easier install, here - you have to take these control arms too. Who knows. Call these other companies if you need to truly make sure you're buying it for a 2019 DT truck.

Also, when you say a lot of sites will say 2019 because they mean 2019 Classic - I find that to be the opposite. I've found that most sites only call out the 2019 when they mean the new 5th gen, and that they specifically call out "Classic" or "Old Model" when referring to 2019 4th gen trucks

Last edited:

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Any issues with the Goodyear tires as far being noisy I’d like to change out my factory tires on my blackout bighorn but I don’t want them to be noisy...?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any issues with the Goodyear tires as far being noisy I’d like to change out my factory tires on my blackout bighorn but I don’t want them to be noisy...?
The Duratracs on my Rebel are noisy. Not crazy but noticeable.

And I'm curious as to the long drawn out conversation about "what is certified for 4th Gen and what is for 5th Gen" when a ton of owners here have already installed all kinds of 4th Gen lifts and levels because it's obvious the suspension is the same. Install with confidence and enjoy.

SB89

Reaction score
Just want to confirm here... I've got a 4x4 Big Horn without the off-road group. Stock suspension.

If I want to level the front end, all I'll need is the 2" or 2.5" leveling kit without the UCAs, correct?

Eventually want to upgrade from the 275/55R20 Bridgestone Duelers to a slightly larger 275/60R20 or 285/60R20 tires.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just want to confirm here... I've got a 4x4 Big Horn without the off-road group. Stock suspension.

If I want to level the front end, all I'll need is the 2" or 2.5" leveling kit without the UCAs, correct?

Eventually want to upgrade from the 275/55R20 Bridgestone Duelers to a slightly larger 275/60R20 or 285/60R20 tires.
yes you can although i would pick up the Readylift UCA's too for peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016XE4NVS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See, I was under the impression the UCAs really only needed to be changed out if the factory suspension was already lifted with the ORG or on the Rebels.
Maybe.... but I would change them if it was my truck

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
As I understand it you have stock UCA's and have a Off Road suspension that is comprised of a 1" longer spring. A 1" longer spring with stock UCA's doesn't push the geometry too far out of spec. But if you also add a 2" level spacer you're now 3" out of spec on a stock UCA.

Note: I have the off road group + the ReadyLift 2" level with UCA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online