5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” Rough Country front leveling strut kit

b.w.royder

Reaction score
I had
I’m taking mine back to the shop tomorrow and let them figure out what they did wrong. If they can’t, I’ll have them uninstall and go back to factory until I can get a clear idea of what’s what. Frustrating!
I had to do the same. I had the 2 in puck from ready lift. So much noise. Couldn’t take it.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having the alignment done tomorrow. Something to consider... If you are looking to gain 1" the top of strut spacer out of the Traxda kit would you give you very close to that for less $$ or a spacer similar to it. I am going to guess the RC struts provide the same ride quality as the rebel struts. Also in you case I would also think the change in alignment would be minimal.

Had truck aligned the camber was off just a small amount. $100 from the dealerships.
Hey man been a few months. How’s the shocks doing?

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Just did mine and I love it 39 1/8 front and 38 3/4 rear to the bottom side of the fender
f72f2b49cf481e45fc5c2bbaa08116a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Feedback on the ride. May need to throw some miles on them. Initial drive impressions?
Rides nice! Took it down a road around called rally road and they felt great! Hopfully they last.

agjr85

Reaction score
Found them on sale on JeepHut.com for $300 w/ no tax and free shipping.
Hopefully, they arrive before Friday and I can possibly get them on over the holiday.

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Did yours come with instructions for the 4th gen?
The part # on the box doesn't match the one on the site. I need to look at what is stamped on it.
Just got mine yesterday.

I ordered the ones labeled 2019 2” leveling strut. Not sure what the instructions said

NanoBru

Reaction score
Rides nice! Took it down a road around called rally road and they felt great! Hopfully they last.

So we're a month out and how are they now? I'm considering these right now and this thread has been helpful. Wondering if any change in ride quality? Noise?

Last edited:

Billetram1500

Reaction score
So we're a month out and how are they now? I'm considering these right now and this thread has been helpful. Wondering if any change in ride quality? Noise?

Still seem to be holding up great rides great no noise. So far they have been worth it.

jfizzlewhaaat

Reaction score
Still seem to be holding up great rides great no noise. So far they have been worth it.

I have these sitting in my garage waiting for install. I also ordered the rear shocks to replace OEM. On top of that i have some inside coil bags for the rear.
I’ve been torn on the RC after all the negative that I’ve read and watched about them. This has helped a bunch though. Can’t wait to get them installed. I have a 2010 Ram 1500 so i got the 2.5 inch strut.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
I just had the 2" strut installed on the front of my 2021 1500 2WD. It went from about 2 3/4" low in the front to 3/4" high in the front. The shop that installed them said they will "settle" with in a couple of weeks.

Are you guys familiar with "settling"?

Attachments

• 20210611_185534.jpg
    20210611_185534.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

doolin64

Reaction score
They will settle. My RC 3.5" struts. Settled a little over .5". I was measured 4" of lift after installed. Not it's just below 3.5" and looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread