5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” Rough Country front leveling strut kit

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like maybe they are competing with bilstien on this one. Although these aren’t adjustable

Bellpa

Reaction score
Just did the online chat to ask about these and attached their response...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-05 09.59.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-05 09.59.21.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 523

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look the reviews are based on that product for all makes And models, not just the 2019 ram. So that’s a little deceiving but I know they have been making these and coil overs for other models for awhile now.

Bellpa

Reaction score
If you look the reviews are based on that product for all makes And models, not just the 2019 ram. So that’s a little deceiving but I know they have been making these and coil overs for other models for awhile now.
Makes sense then. I'm definitely interested in them, especially with the slow delay in Bilsteins for us.

Echance01

Reaction score
So is the “better” way to level a truck? Trying to understand why someone would go this route versus the spacers?

Bellpa

Reaction score
So is the “better” way to level a truck? Trying to understand why someone would go this route versus the spacers?
Better struts(improved ride) with leveling height versus stock struts with leveling spacers.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would if I could do my own alignments. Someone should call rough country and ask for a free pair to advertise them on the forum here lol

Bellpa

Reaction score
If I had the means to change them out, I definitely would call them. I'm sure they'll cut someone a generous break to promote these on here.

Maxram

Reaction score
My question is could you use this on the front combined with a 2" motofab spacer and new UCA's, stick 2" rear spacers on with the new RC V2 3-4.5" rear shocks to achieve a budget 4" level lift? Or would the diff have to be lowered?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My question is could you use this on the front combined with a 2" motofab spacer and new UCA's, stick 2" rear spacers on with the new RC V2 3-4.5" rear shocks to achieve a budget 4" level lift? Or would the diff have to be lowered?
The diff has to be lowered.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of a Grey area, your “best” bet at the moment IMO is to get these, a 1” top spacer from the older trucks, and the readylift UCA.

*Assuming these are factory length struts*

A better route really is just buy the 6” kit, don’t use the preload spacer and run it around 5”. Or even swap in a 4” strut spacer from the previous gen trucks. And use a 2” rear spacer.

Last edited:

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I've seen about a metric crap load of posts complaining about the quality of Rough Country lift kits. Any reason to believe their struts would be any better?

R

Rob5589

I've seen about a metric crap load of posts complaining about the quality of Rough Country lift kits. Any reason to believe their struts would be any better?
My thoughts exactly. Jump on any Jeep forum and you'll learn all about the (mostly) garbage RC puts out. Poorly valved shocks, sagging springs, poor welds, etc. I wouldn't run these for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/