5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” or 2.5” level. Please help me decide!

Which size front level without changing the UCA’s?

• 2”

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • 2.5”

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Can’t wait to see it with the tires

Ccroce

Reaction score
Non ORP bighorn 4x4. Will be ordering my motofab top hat spacers soon. I can’t decide between 2” and 2.5”. I’ve read the many many threads here. My measurements are just over 2” difference between front and rear. I think the 2.5 would look better but, will the extra .5” be too much for the stock UCA angle?

Looking for opinions and testimonials. Thanks!
Man, I didn’t read this whole thread but I have a 4x4 non-ORP and did Bilstein 5100 on #4 for a 1.3” front end lift and it’s damn near level. I bet if I loaded the bed I’d be nose high. Don’t measure fender gap - it’s misleading. If I didn’t have the 3.21, I would’ve gone 2 inches up front and 1 in the rear with some 285/60r20 (33.5”) tires. I honestly think 2 or 2.5 is too much unless you bring the back up 1-1.5, respectively. Keep in mind you’ll need ORP shocks or other extended travel shocks if you decide to lift the rear. I found some ORP takeoffs from a reputable shop on eBay for about $50.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, I didn’t read this whole thread but I have a 4x4 non-ORP and did Bilstein 5100 on #4 for a 1.3” front end lift and it’s damn near level. I bet if I loaded the bed I’d be nose high. Don’t measure fender gap - it’s misleading. If I didn’t have the 3.21, I would’ve gone 2 inches up front and 1 in the rear with some 285/60r20 (33.5”) tires. I honestly think 2 or 2.5 is too much unless you bring the back up 1-1.5, respectively. Keep in mind you’ll need ORP shocks or other extended travel shocks if you decide to lift the rear. I found some ORP takeoffs from a reputable shop on eBay for about $50.
Using the fenders to determine if the truck is level is pretty close.

I used the ReadyLift 2" kit and I still have almost 1" of rake.

Post in thread 'Anyone Know for Sure if the Fenders are Actually Level?' https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...-fenders-are-actually-level.37013/post-543859

Last edited:

Ccroce

Reaction score
Using the fenders to determine if the truck is level is pretty close.

I used the ReadyLift 2" kit and I still have almost 1" of rake.

Post in thread 'Anyone Know for Sure if the Fenders are Actually Level?' https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...-fenders-are-actually-level.37013/post-543859
For me, looking at it from the side, the fenders indicate rake, but the truck looks level. Some guys have said the same thing to where if you lay a long bubble level down on the running board or hold it up to the side of the body below the doors, it will show about level despite the rear having a larger fender gap. Something about the body design, idk. Here are a couple pics for reference.

Attachments

• E0AEAAF3-263F-4E6E-8B5D-5D1C01B7F56A.jpeg
    E0AEAAF3-263F-4E6E-8B5D-5D1C01B7F56A.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 134
  • E51B54CD-0EEA-43E6-B661-C86407BCD72E.jpeg
    E51B54CD-0EEA-43E6-B661-C86407BCD72E.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For me, looking at it from the side, the fenders indicate rake, but the truck looks level. Some guys have said the same thing to where if you lay a long bubble level down on the running board or hold it up to the side of the body below the doors, it will show about level despite the rear having a larger fender gap. Something about the body design, idk. Here are a couple pics for reference.
You need to read the link I provided. The fenders are less than 1/4" of being level with each other. The bed rails of the truck and the running boards showed the same thing.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks level to me.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2” motofab and 275/60 tires.. looks and drives amazing!

Attachments

• 0FC724B7-43EA-4171-89D5-6B81BC9E76B4.jpeg
    0FC724B7-43EA-4171-89D5-6B81BC9E76B4.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 7B8840E4-1005-4E5D-814F-D8647C01B8C8.jpeg
    7B8840E4-1005-4E5D-814F-D8647C01B8C8.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 144

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding where/how to measure. Does it really matter how you determine if it's level? It's not like you'll always be on flat level ground, so if it sit's dead level along the bed rails or if you use something abstract like the windows as your gauge it doesn't really matter. The whole idea of a leveling kit is aesthetics. If it looks level by whatever metric you're using, that's good enough.
Most people use the fenders, but if you want it level by some other standard it's okay as long as you're happy with the look you get from the kit.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding where/how to measure. Does it really matter how you determine if it's level? It's not like you'll always be on flat level ground, so if it sit's dead level along the bed rails or if you use something abstract like the windows as your gauge it doesn't really matter. The whole idea of a leveling kit is aesthetics. If it looks level by whatever metric you're using, that's good enough.
Most people use the fenders, but if you want it level by some other standard it's okay as long as you're happy with the look you get from the kit.

Well said …. Everything gets over-analyzed any more …. Get out the tape measure, find out what you rake is, and get on with leveling or lifting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamper

Reaction score
2” motofab and 275/60 tires.. looks and drives amazing!
Whoa Ram - did you use the top hat levelers for the front ? Any other mods to the shocks or UCA?

Looks great!! I have a Silver Laramie Sport and looking to level or maybe even light lift with the Mopar kit(w Fox shocks). big gap in price btw the 2 !!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoa Ram - did you use the top hat levelers for the front ? Any other mods to the shocks or UCA?

Looks great!! I have a Silver Laramie Sport and looking to level or maybe even light lift with the Mopar kit(w Fox shocks). big gap in price btw the 2 !!
Yes I used the top hats in the front and no other mods as of yet. I plan on doing some UCA's next year but at that time I will be switching to coilovers as well.

Yeah I wanted to just get rid of the rake as cheaply as possible until I figured out which route I wanted to go. I'm set on the Fox coilovers now, so once I get some money saved I'll be purchasing UCA with the Fox.

german88

Reaction score
Wait, theres a Wulf 1.5" front spacer?
I thought they only had 1/2", then it jumps to 2".
I saw 1.5" for 2013-2018 Rams
Same spacer works from 2013-current. No difference in the top hat bolt spacing pattern. You will need to cut off the "lead in taper" and maybe 1-2 threads as they will protrude above the spacer. See pic.
JPOA8940.JPG

german88

Reaction score

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Same spacer works from 2013-current. No difference in the top hat bolt spacing pattern. You will need to cut off the "lead in taper" and maybe 1-2 threads as they will protrude above the spacer. See pic.
View attachment 113930
Ah, I gotcha. Thanks.
I hate how its harder to make a subtle change.
Levels and wheel spacers in particular.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's because those are 2".
A 1.5" spacer will require the noted alteration because the studs are longer than the spacer. That's not brand specific, just nature of the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread