5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” or 2.5” level. Please help me decide!

Which size front level without changing the UCA’s?

• 2”

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • 2.5”

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's because those are 2".
A 1.5" spacer will require the noted alteration because the studs are longer than the spacer. That's not brand specific, just nature of the beast.
It seems some of the shock studs are longer than others. This is a 2" ReadyLift spacer.

ReadyLift.JPG001(1).jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's because those are 2".
A 1.5" spacer will require the noted alteration because the studs are longer than the spacer. That's not brand specific, just nature of the beast.
Ah ok. Why go 1.5” anyway?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, various reasons to go with 1.5". I put a 1.5" kit on my 2012 because that model year had concerns with the half shafts binding with too much lift and I did the smaller kit avoid the concern. Others will do it because they want to keep a little rake without having to adjust the rear. The other thing I can think of is that someone may want to fit a specific tire but don't want to change the angles any more than necessary, so they'll use the smallest kit possible to work with their specific configuration. I'm sure there are other reasons too.

yodahog

Reaction score
2" Motofab installed today. Leveled it perfectly. New shoes going on tomorrow.

Here it is with the 295/60-20 Atturo Trail Blade XT and 20x9 American Outlaw Lonestar +10 offset. Slight rub at full lock so did some minor fender liner trimming but all good now! Really liking the ride so far.

Attachments

• C8269FFF-6244-4688-B0E8-8079B618086B.jpeg
    C8269FFF-6244-4688-B0E8-8079B618086B.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 150
  • A79BE673-5C5B-4EB4-9D70-3DD962F26D3C.jpeg
    A79BE673-5C5B-4EB4-9D70-3DD962F26D3C.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 150

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here it is with the 295/60-20 Atturo Trail Blade XT and 20x9 American Outlaw Lonestar +10 offset. Slight rub at full lock so did some minor fender liner trimming but all good now! Really liking the ride so far.
Nice man!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way 2.5” …. Our wagons look silly when they are nose high … 1.5” just to level …. 2” with 1/2” rear spacer …. 2.5” with UCA’s and 1” rear spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think I agree. I did 1.5 on mine. 2" would have been nose high. I know of others that have done 2" and decide to bring it down to 1.5 that is with the adjustable struts
although I am leaning towards needing to do uca's even at 1.5"
went thru a not so deep pothole and it seems like something was hitting, maybe like others have reported uca's hitting the spring

U

User_34235

I have read all through this thread and lots of talk about 2" and 1.5". I know its each their own, but here is my question. To determine the best spacer for my truck, do I measure the rear ground to bottom of wheel well, then the same for the front and subtract that to determine which spacer would be best for me?
Thanks in advance.

Louhound88

Reaction score
I have read all through this thread and lots of talk about 2" and 1.5". I know its each their own, but here is my question. To determine the best spacer for my truck, do I measure the rear ground to bottom of wheel well, then the same for the front and subtract that to determine which spacer would be best for me?
Thanks in advance.
That's what I did. My original measurements were 39" from ground to the center of the rear wheel well and 36.25" to the center of the fronts. Using the motofab 2.5" level spacer and 295/65r20 Yokohama Geolandar MT's I am now at 40.75" in the rear and 40.25" in the front. Still a very slight rake but can't see it in person, only on the tape measure.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Yes that’s what you measure, but all that’s going to tell you is how much “rake” you have, not what’s best for you …. What “you” have to decide, is how much rake do you want after you level …. Most leave a little bit (like 1”ish) so when ya load the bed, you’re not rollin nose high lookin silly, or with your headlights in peoples faces

U

User_34235

Totally understand and agree with the rake and what I want. At least now I have a good idea on what/how to do this. Now to find a level surface to measure.....lol

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with the 2” motofab level. Measured from the ground to fender, and from center wheel to fender. Once you find the difference that will tell u which level u need

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with the 2” motofab level. Measured from the ground to fender, and from center wheel to fender. Once you find the difference that will tell u which level u need
Why would the difference in those two measurements tell you anything? The difference between the height of the front from the rear is what matters.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sry the difference between the front and rear not those two.

U

User_34235

Thanks all for the help. Going to find a level parking lot soon and do some measuring to see what I need. Hope that its not too big of a difference. Stay safe

Choate

Reaction score
I’ll throw this out there. Mine was exactly 2” difference. Got the 2” level kit. It measures something like 1.3” thick. Don’t quote me exactly on that but it did give exactly 2” of lift

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll throw this out there. Mine was exactly 2” difference. Got the 2” level kit. It measures something like 1.3” thick. Don’t quote me exactly on that but it did give exactly 2” of lift

Correct …. Tophat spacers are not 1 to 1 ratio thickness to lift …. There is some trigonometry goin on in there some where that explains it …. I just trust that the engineers at Motofab and Readylift did their homework …. Lol

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that’s what you measure, but all that’s going to tell you is how much “rake” you have, not what’s best for you …. What “you” have to decide, is how much rake do you want after you level …. Most leave a little bit (like 1”ish) so when ya load the bed, you’re not rollin nose high lookin silly, or with your headlights in peoples faces

I'm about to do the Revel link/Daystar spacer combo on my Limited. Was not planning on leaving any rake because from what I understand my air suspension should level me back out if my load or trailer squats me, is that correct?

Users who are viewing this thread