5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” Mopar lift w/ ORP springs - pics of ball joint angles

Clyde

Reaction score
I’ve poured through threads and have seen a few pics, and many opinions.

Seems like there are a few Mopar lift/ORP owners concerned about their ball joint angle...

The only picture of the actual ball joint I could find was on a truck (jeffJad’s) that had a higher than normal ride height compared to other Mopar lift/ORP setups, his ball joints do look like they are pushed to the max (front of his truck sits at 25”)

I’m hoping those with Mopar lifts and ORP springs will POST PICTURES of their ball joint angles, ride height (center of hub to wheel well), and any other reviews/ideas they have on the set up.

I have my truck scheduled to get ORP springs (front & rear) added to my Mopar lift in 2 weeks... I do not want to replace my Mopar lift UCAs if not necessary, however if it is necessary- now would obviously be the time.

Thanks in advance.

Ram1992

Reaction score
I have the older mopar kit (1 spacer) with ORP front springs(shop didn’t install the second spacer as I requested). I am at 24” center of hub to fender. I’m waiting for the shop to open back up so I can get the second spacer installed. AB864211-3146-4CA4-84FE-B78633DA89B0.jpeg

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Clyde, I think you will be fine. I added top hat spacers for 2 inches of lift, the spacer itself was 1.3XX (can't recall exactly) but I did get 2 inches of lift. Still using the stock UCA and non-ORP springs, but the difference you are talking about are comparable. Mine look and ride fine.
With what you're doing, you should have 3 inches of lift from where you are today after install. the 2-inch lift UCA's will accommodate the 2" extra and the springs will add the extra inch, so you're only going to 1 inch over what the lift UCA's are for. You shouldn't need aftermarket UCA's until about 3-3.5 inches over. You should be GTG.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
If I can get my brother to let me in his bay at the dealership I’d have it installed already lol. Was hoping it would be this Saturday, but looks more likely next weekend. I’ll post ball joint angles once the loft and orp springs are installed.

Clyde

Reaction score
Clyde, I think you will be fine. I added top hat spacers for 2 inches of lift, the spacer itself was 1.3XX (can't recall exactly) but I did get 2 inches of lift. Still using the stock UCA and non-ORP springs, but the difference you are talking about are comparable. Mine look and ride fine.
With what you're doing, you should have 3 inches of lift from where you are today after install. the 2-inch lift UCA's will accommodate the 2" extra and the springs will add the extra inch, so you're only going to 1 inch over what the lift UCA's are for. You shouldn't need aftermarket UCA's until about 3-3.5 inches over. You should be GTG.
Thanks for the input Dookie, sounds similar to my thoughts about the factory equipped ORG trucks, as far as I know they run the same UCAs as non ORG trucks, yet have an additional 1” height... so adding 1” to the Mopar 2” lift UCAs is no different.

Seeing others talking about swapping their UCAs got me second guessing (and probably over thinking) the route I am going, lol.

Clyde

Reaction score
If I can get my brother to let me in his bay at the dealership I’d have it installed already lol. Was hoping it would be this Saturday, but looks more likely next weekend. I’ll post ball joint angles once the loft and orp springs are installed.
Sounds good TH3JUICEMAN,
I’m looking forward to getting them installed, might call my dealership tomorrow and see if the have any sooner appointments.

Clyde

Reaction score
I have the older mopar kit (1 spacer) with ORP front springs(shop didn’t install the second spacer as I requested). I am at 24” center of hub to fender. I’m waiting for the shop to open back up so I can get the second spacer installed. View attachment 53212
Ram1992,
That angle does not look far from where mine are with out the ORP springs, I don’t think one spacer is not going change it that dramatically.

Thanks for the pic, please post again after you get the other spacer installed. 6033CA91-C09D-4BBC-857B-780D08D11E79.jpeg
^^^ here’s what mine looks like pre ORP springs.

Users who are viewing this thread