5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14" Magnaflow w/ resonator delete

UNKALJ

Reaction score
Sound clip after removing the 2 rear resonators with 14" Magnaflow. 2020 1500 CC 5.7.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Sounds great! Thanks for posting.

What are your thoughts? Are you happy with it? Any drone? How's the volume? Other thoughts...

UNKALJ

Reaction score
Sounds great! Thanks for posting.

What are your thoughts? Are you happy with it? Any drone? How's the volume? Other thoughts...

Night and day compared to just having the magnaflow. Got rid of the “exhaust leak” sound after removing the resonators. No issue with drone, sound awesome when hitting the gas and quiet as stock when cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlycarille

Reaction score
I have the magnaflow 14 inch and it sounds the same with resonators as I can hear in the video. Is the resonator delete that different in person? Can you post a video from in cab and with someone hitting the gas?

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
I deleted the resonators with the same muffler. It definitely sounds better and loses much of the drone.

jthorn75

Reaction score
sounds good, i have that exhaust leak sound too and it sucks lol i may look at doing this, how much louder do you think the truck is now then from before?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Old thread but hopefully you guys are still around. So is it significantly louder after res delete? Or just basically eliminates the fluffy air sound? I have the Mag 14239 14” muffler and its great but it sounds so much better the first minute or so of driving then after that just kind of fades a bit. Its like its so much deeper sounding when cold. Wondering if I should delete the reses? As the poster above mentioned, do you have the resonator up front?

Choate

Reaction score
Old thread but hopefully you guys are still around. So is it significantly louder after res delete? Or just basically eliminates the fluffy air sound? I have the Mag 14239 14” muffler and its great but it sounds so much better the first minute or so of driving then after that just kind of fades a bit. Its like its so much deeper sounding when cold. Wondering if I should delete the reses? As the poster above mentioned, do you have the resonator up front?
Just do it. It’ll make it a little louder. Not much. You’ll like it

Users who are viewing this thread